Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Flight tracker

planetgeli

There's no future in England's dreaming
Great isn't it? Should have it's own thread.

So yesterday I saw a Mustang warplane going from Brize Norton to Luton? Wtf? Looked up the call sign and saw it was involved in an accident 2 years ago. Didn't crash this time.

Then I got a blue plane icon. Yeah! Tracked by satellite apparently.

Anyway, now we have a Doha to Luxembourg flight flying around and around London. Why?

Feel free to comment or put your own flight tracker stories. Or just point and call me a weirdo. Lockdown may be getting to me.

Ooh, forgot the point about the Mustang. They gave it a Concorde icon.

I use flight trackers when I'm waiting to pick up Mrs D from the airport. It's useful to know that the flight has left and when it is close to landing.

Yeah, it's great. And for when you go to the beach again there's:

There were lots of those Belugas flying around out of Chester airport yesterday. Chester has an airport. Who knew?

Walked around Birmingham airport perimeter today. Nothing took off or landed. Was hoping to get a glimpse of a C17 that’s been doing the rounds occasionally but alas nadda

View attachment 215407

Also never knew Doncaster had an airport.
It certainly does, we live on the flightpath. It has one of the longest runways in Europe, nearly 3km. The last few months have been very quiet.
A lot of freight in and out, picking up weekly now though. As mentioned on another thread when the huge 6 engined Antonov is coming in and taking off it shakes the whole house.

Edited for mistakes.

Last edited:
Similarly, if you're next to a Czech railway line, there's this:

And the same for the Netherlands with fancier graphics:

likewise for the LIRR, you can spot where along the tracks is the train you're waiting for.

It certainly does, we live on the flightpath. It has one of the longest runways in Europe, nearly 3km. The last few months have been very quiet.
A lot of freight in and out, picking up weekly now though. As mentioned on another thread when the huge 6 engined Antonov is coming in and taking off it shakes the whole house.

Edited for mistakes.

Same problem for me since the A380 started landing at Birmingham. Pretty sure it's what is causing all the plaster to crack on wall next to exterior brick, god knows what else it's causing that I can't see.

Interesting flight just taken off from Shannon.

Screenshot_20230309_002016_Chrome.jpg

Destination unknown.
Origin unknown.
No info of anything on this.

I used it to track the aircraft for the Armed Forces Weekend so we knew which was arriving and exactly when. Then, because we were not at the show, we telephoned my niece who relayed the info to the rest of the family so they could watch.

Back
Top Bottom