Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far Right Said Fred.

apparently I'm Too Sexy was kept from the top spot by Bryan Adams' Everything I Do I Do It For You. Remember that fact when people try to tell you the contemporary pop charts are uniquely awful.
Not only have you got RSF songs running around your head, you’re wasting your day researching them on Wikipedia. And you wonder if Urban75 has been good for your mental health, creativity and career.

Lots of people aren’t the Bee Gees. Most, in fact.
Do you have a citation for this claim?

Anyway, happily this thread hasn't lead to me getting RSF stuck in my head as much as that Hold Steady song which opens with:
"I've been trying to get people to call me Freddy Knuckles./People keep calling me Right Said Fred." An even worse fate nowadays than when it was written.

Not only have you got RSF songs running around your head, you’re wasting your day researching them on Wikipedia. And you wonder if Urban75 has been good for your mental health, creativity and career.
I'm mostly interested in the weirdness of the British charts tbh. One morsel of weirdness which I heard the other night, that Ennio Morricone got to number 2 - the same position as I'm Too Sexy - in 1981, when his song Chi Mai was used as the theme tune for a TV series about Lloyd George. As far as I'm aware it's the only time Morricone bothered the top ten, which means he qualifies as a one hit wonder, where Right Said Fred don't.

Do you have a citation for this claim?

Anyway, happily this thread hasn't lead to me getting RSF stuck in my head as much as that Hold Steady song which opens with:
"I've been trying to get people to call me Freddy Knuckles./People keep calling me Right Said Fred." An even worse fate nowadays than when it was written.
I’ve got Bernard Cribbins. It’s a generation thing.

I thought sampling/ stealing Third Stone from the Sun was a good thing? (But that was the guitarist not the brothers). The rest of it not so much..

a cab driver once told me him and hendrix shared a flat in camden and whilst watching Coronation Street one evening Hendrix ripped of the theme tune (aka Lancashire Blues) for the main riff of Third Stone. True story. The bit about the cabbie that is

They’re still dining out on a couple of shit songs that charted 30 years ago?
Don't knock it, I remember hearing somewhere that Roy Wood still pulls in £70K a year in royalties for "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday"
Right Said Fred were one of those stars that burned brightly but briefly. The only songs of theirs I could remember initially were "I'm Too Sexy" which was one of those songs that you love to hate because once it got in your head, you couldn't get it out again. The other one was "Don't Talk Just Kiss" which I have to confess I rather liked.
Having googled them it reminded me of "Deeply Dippy" which I had forgotten. I was amazed that they had released as many albums as they have, I have a massive collection of albums and there are no Right Said Fred ones in it.
I wonder how much of their attitude is genuine belief and how much trying to raise their profile through saying bonkers stuff.

a cab driver once told me him and hendrix shared a flat in camden and whilst watching Coronation Street one evening Hendrix ripped of the theme tune (aka Lancashire Blues) for the main riff of Third Stone. True story. The bit about the cabbie that is
I sense a hint of cynicism.. 2 minutes into I'm Too Sexy.. Third Stone from the Sun.

Why the collective amnesia about Deeply Dippy?

Has Bill Gates banned it?
Yes.

Gates has used the nanotech in his "vaccines" to wipe the memories of the British public about this song. If no-one remembers why the Fairbrass brothers are famous, they're less likely to listen to their dire warnings about the nefarious Gates' evil plans to take over the world under the cover of the "pandemic".

But Gates' pernicious plan has a fatal flaw: RSF's best know hit isn't their number one. If it wasn't for Bryan Adam's keeping them off the top spot he'd have got away with it too...

Personally arguing with Richard Fairbrass over the whole vax thing has been one of the weirder things in the past 18 months for me, due to him being a close friend (recording/touring work) of a colleague.

61kcdd.jpg

What have you heard from the current top 20? I'm assuming the Ed Sheeran ones are terrible, but I have literally no idea what anything else there even sounds like

I just recapped with a quick listen to all of current top 20 and it's pretty much all gash. Maybe Sam Fender or The Weeknd could just about qualify as not terrible but it's otherwise all pretty generic and uninteresting to me.

Back
Top Bottom