Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

New Vegas wasn't the same engine as Skyrim, it was an older one, the same one as Fallout 3.
Different versions of the same tired old thing. I fear that their content-creation pipelines are now such well-worn ruts that they daren't try to fix what ain't broke (ie. the games sell phenomenally well)`

Different versions of the same tired old thing. I fear that their content-creation pipelines are now such well-worn ruts that they daren't try to fix what ain't broke (ie. the games sell phenomenally well)`

Who is 'they'? New Vegas was made by Obsidian, not Bethesda.

True, but it was built on the same framework with plenty of shared assets.

The plot and quest writing in New Vegas was far superior. Shared assets and the same game engine do not have much of an impact on that aspect. (Although I actually preferred FO3 because the exploration element was better and that is something I enjoy).

I think making everyone wait half a decade for a game that was creaking along on the old engine is unlikely. For me the worst case scenario will be its next gen online.

Things id like to see in a fallout game.

Vehicles. Join the enclave fly a veritbird!

More options in character gen. Play as a super mutant?

Incorporate some of the better pc mods into the console versions.

Im sure online co op will happen in fallout 4. But thats not something that I've ever gotten into so I'm not pushed.

Knowing it Fallout 4 will become one of them multiple disc games, the anticipation and hype is either gonna pay off or possibly destroy the series now.

I think making everyone wait half a decade for a game that was creaking along on the old engine is unlikely. For me the worst case scenario will be its next gen online.

Things id like to see in a fallout game.

Vehicles. Join the enclave fly a veritbird!

More options in character gen. Play as a super mutant?

Incorporate some of the better pc mods into the console versions.

Im sure online co op will happen in fallout 4. But thats not something that I've ever gotten into so I'm not pushed.

Dear god no, none of that, please.

It's going to happen. I think they'll take parts of GTA 5, and other sandbox games. Multiplayer co op is increasingly likely, all games are going that way (not my cup of tea just the way the wind is blowing)

Vehicles. Okay c'mon driving through the nevada wasteland on a chunky motorbike would be more interesting then walking. (And some mad max style action) ,

Last edited:
LOL we are talking about Bethesda Game Studio, do not ask them to put vehicles in, it took them long enough to implement horse combat in Skyrim, and even then it was not great.

Not sure why they would take parts of GTA when mostly Fallout 3/NV til now has been "TES with guns and a pipboy" which is kind of how a hell of a lot of us like it.

LOL we are talking about Bethesda Game Studio, do not ask them to put vehicles in, it took them long enough to implement horse combat in Skyrim, and even then it was not great.

Not sure why they would take parts of GTA when mostly Fallout 3/NV til now has been "TES with guns and a pipboy" which is kind of how a hell of a lot of us like it.
Everything about combat in skyrim was dull. Hack and parry are your only moves.

Don't get me wrong if fallout 4 is on the same engine as NV, and has the same quality of writing I will buy it and love it.

I'll just ask the question what the hell were they doing taking so long releasing it then.

Wait till E4 and see

I'll just ask the question what the hell were they doing taking so long releasing it then.

Wait till E4 and see

Because the publisher for Fallout, TES, and ESO are all part of the same company, and the priority was to get ESO onto consoles before announcing anything from another of their studios that might compete. ESO has its console release in June.

I must say I fully enjoy the little faux leaks when they pop up. That one last year (or the year before?) was an absolute corker.

I'm making inappropriate noises.

Someone I know who is the ultimate pessimist said "they're probably just going to announce an HD remake of 1 and 2 for consoles."

Shit head :D

I lol'd

tumblr_np5icbxxeU1qivutao1_1280.jpg

Just a little bit excited :D

Might finish work early just so I can hyperventilate at home whilst the timer counts down in the afternoon :p

I've never played a Fallout game, and I don't think I'm an RPG-type gamer, but for some reason I bought Fallout 3 for the PS3 a while back. I've still not installed it.

Worth a go? I'm very behind on games, so I don't think I'll care about the no doubt dated graphics(?), but these games aren't about the graphics anyway, are they?

Also, how long is it likely to take to complete?

I've never played a Fallout game, and I don't think I'm an RPG-type gamer, but for some reason I bought Fallout 3 for the PS3 a while back. I've still not installed it.

Worth a go? I'm very behind on games, so I don't think I'll care about the no doubt dated graphics(?), but these games aren't about the graphics anyway, are they?

I can't remember how many hours I spent playing "Fallout 3" but it will never leave you. Ever. I STILL MISS MY MEGATON HOUSE *goes and sits in a very quiet room while muttering to herself*
:D:D

It's a brilliant game, one, if not the, best I have played. Defintely worth giving a go and if you don't like it, well, I shall hunt you down like a super mutant....I mean that's fine it's not for everyone :D

It's a glorified walking simulator and you spend your whole life scavenging nonsense in shit holes. VATS is ridiculous and the game doesn't work either as an RPG or an FPS , falling somewhere in the middle but getting neither.

Nah, not really, it's great. It lasts as long as you like.

And then play New Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom