Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

Yeah 3 was great but I never really got into New Vegas. I can't really put my finger on why though.

Maybe I'll get round to finishing New Vegas before 4 comes out :hmm:
Yeah it was odd. I was right into it at first - stumbling across villages where unspeakable atrocities had been carried out and wondering wtf was going on but for some reason it just petered out a bit.

I thought New Vegas was great. There was enough in it for me to play repeatedly to try the different storylines (although I restarted each time from a save around about when I found Vegas).

That's what I'd really like from a new one - more different paths and stories, and more ways you can influence stuff. If it's a year or so till this comes out that might be the time I consider getting a new gen console.

I got bored of New Vegas very quickly, probably because it came out so soon after I'd finished Fallout 3 and it initially seemed a bit same old same old.
After picking it up again recently and completing it, it became clear that it's a far superior game in terms of character, plot, freedom etc. It's a lot deeper.

Monkeygrinder's Organ said:
I thought New Vegas was great. There was enough in it for me to play repeatedly to try the different storylines (although I restarted each time from a save around about when I found Vegas).

That's what I'd really like from a new one - more different paths and stories, and more ways you can influence stuff. If it's a year or so till this comes out that might be the time I consider getting a new gen console.

I know the first bit was a bit predictable and linear but it was interesting to play both defending the first town against the powder gangers and again colaborating with them. Although it was more accident rather than design as I did a restart a while after and lost saves in a reinstall.

Yeah it was odd. I was right into it at first - stumbling across villages where unspeakable atrocities had been carried out and wondering wtf was going on but for some reason it just petered out a bit.
I think my interest in gaming had disappeared for a while, so I might go back and have another go soon. I stopped playing Borderlands 2 about the same time, that's great but again for some reason I lost interest about half way through.

Apparently this site has been registered by ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda, in the last couple of days.

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

( from http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/11/17/is-the-survivor-2299-site-a-fallout-4-teaser/comment-page-2/ )

I think it's a hoax, I've seen enough info (the host is in Poland, and date formats are European) to convince me that it's just a prank. It wouldn't be the first time.

Personally I think that if we get an announcement this year it will be at the Spike VGAs (as they did for Skyrim, so there's previous form), if so it will be for a release date of October 2014 (makes sense for Fallout games to be released around that time as it fits with the lore, conveniently ties in with early pre-xmas shopping, and most of the games in the Fallout universe have been released around that time of year). If we don't get an announcement then, I doubt we'll be looking at a 2014 release date.

Last edited:
I think it's a hoax, I've seen enough info (the host is in Poland, and date formats are European) to convince me that it's just a prank. It wouldn't be the first time.

Personally I think that if we get an announcement this year it will be at the Spike VGAs (as they did for Skyrim, so there's previous form), if so it will be for a release date of October 2014 (makes sense for Fallout games to be released around that time as it fits with the lore, conveniently ties in with early pre-xmas shopping, and most of the games in the Fallout universe have been released around that time of year). If we don't get an announcement then, I doubt we'll be looking at a 2014 release date.

I'm not sure ether way tbh

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16l48SLc2y398UXw3WTX8on3Y3FNAD3yn9-nGY1iNKEY/preview?sle=true is a round up of what's known by Redditors (there's a really good false/not false round up reddit thread which I can't find, and I'm now late for work)

Played NV 1st then Fallout 3 now back playing NV ulimate on hardcore. Fuck me its hard.

I'd like from 4.

1. Less bugs.

2. No 3 dog.

3. Vehicles.

I'm not sure ether way tbh

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16l48SLc2y398UXw3WTX8on3Y3FNAD3yn9-nGY1iNKEY/preview?sle=true is a round up of what's known by Redditors (there's a really good false/not false round up reddit thread which I can't find, and I'm now late for work)

Given that Reddit has been the source of many a hoax (including a Fallout 4 hoax which made it into all the gaming press back in spring this year, and the source was eventually exposed as being a bored Redditor, something that game journalists should have felt ashamed about reporting in the first place), I wouldn't touch anything with a 10 foot bargepole.

I do, however, follow the official Bethesda Fallout forum, which although it can occasionally be prone to overexcitement and lots of bickering, revealed the likelihood of this particular site being a hoax within a matter of hours.

Ahh right, didn't know that about reddit and fallout 4, quite an expensive hoax for the hoaxer though as I'd imagine their bandwidth is being hammered

Ahh right, didn't know that about reddit and fallout 4, quite an expensive hoax for the hoaxer though as I'd imagine their bandwidth is being hammered

Yeah the probable expense of it is why I'm only 99% convinced it's a hoax rather than 100% - but sometimes bored people with loads of cash do strange things for entertainment! Or so I have heard - I wouldn't know, being as I am perpetually skint!

You'd think if Bethesda new about it and it was a hoax they'd have stepped on it pdq.

You'd think if Bethesda new about it and it was a hoax they'd have stepped on it pdq.

Not necessarily. They have taken up cases protecting their intellectual property (which is required for them to retain ownership of it - it seems a lot of people misunderstand how the law works in this area and brand anyone who goes to court over it as 'evil', when sometimes they are pretty much obliged to do so) and in the past for other games they have told people who broke NDAs to take stuff off the web or suffer their wrath. But they have not to my knowledge stopped people from posting up Fallout 4 fan art, fan-fiction, concepts, or otherwise generating hype for what will probably be the next BGS game.

Even if it's a hoax, it's not threatened their intellectual property rights (as it's not linked to another game or product, at least as far as we know) and they are probably rubbing their hands in glee at free publicity.

That's literally the wrongest thing you've ever said on this internet forum

I know, I know, I know - loads of people loved it. Apparently the story was great. I, however, am a bit shit at games (or at least action games, or action components in games), and couldn't get through it. So I don't know what the story was, just that I paid good money for something where I died a lot and couldn't do it, because I have slow reactions, poor co-ordination, and I'm shit. Go on and gloat. I'm sure it might have been great, if I'd been able to play it (and yes, I was on the easiest difficulty setting). Go on and ridicule me, I'm used to it.

I know, I know, I know - loads of people loved it. Apparently the story was great. I, however, am a bit shit at games (or at least action games, or action components in games), and couldn't get through it. So I don't know what the story was, just that I paid good money for something where I died a lot and couldn't do it, because I have slow reactions, poor co-ordination, and I'm shit. Go on and gloat. I'm sure it might have been great, if I'd been able to play it (and yes, I was on the easiest difficulty setting). Go on and ridicule me, I'm used to it.

This is why I never finished the new Deus Ex. Bring back cheat codes ffs

I'm stuck in old world blues and found lonesome road really fucking hard weather I am under equipped or two low a experience level to play them.

This is why I never finished the new Deus Ex. Bring back cheat codes ffs

I did try the old tgm thing just to get through Dead Money and hear the story there, but it ruined it - I know it sounds odd but I really really wanted to be able to get through it on my own merit, got blown up multiple fucking times, tried tgm just cos I thought there was a story there if I wasn't so shit, then just gave up anyway cos it was a lost cause but now boring - surely you can't be unsympathetic to that!?!

Wasn't fallout new vegas basically fallout 4? Much the same as skyrim was elder scrolls V?

No same basic engine as 3 with a few weeks like we have grand theft auto III, then Vice City, then San Andreas. THEN Grand theft auto IV

Also developed by Obsidian.

On the subject of engines didn't they use an in-house one for the first time in Skyrim?

I'm still fence sitting on that site, but it's been updated
http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/fallout-4-teaser-site-updates-new-morse-code-message
It now plays morse code, which says apparently decodes to “Calling Any Station, Calling Any Station, Calling Any Station, This is/From OZ (Oscar Zulu), Please Wait.”
It's also got a vault tech logo now. If it's a hoax and I were senior management at Bethesda I'd be looking to hire the person behind it.

It's talking about the institute.

Lots has been deciphered now.

I love a good viral marketing campaign, whether it's a hoax or not. If it is a hoax - which I don't believe it is - then it's a fucking good one :cool:

Back
Top Bottom