Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

So here's the scariest thought in my gaming head right now:

I'm desperately anticipating Dragon Age: Inquisition's release in November next year. I need this game yesterday. WHAT IF FALLOUT 4 COMES OUT AT THE SAME TIME?

I'm not done with Skyrim yet :oops:

I'm still getting my arse handed to be in some of the add ons to NV.

I WILL be pissed if Fallout 4 isn't compatable with my Xbox 360.

So here's the scariest thought in my gaming head right now:

I'm desperately anticipating Dragon Age: Inquisition's release in November next year. I need this game yesterday. WHAT IF FALLOUT 4 COMES OUT AT THE SAME TIME?

I'm not done with Skyrim yet :oops:

Heh, mine is how the f*ck will I find 100+ hours to sink into Fallout 4 with a super curious 'I see grown ups using this, I simply must pat/rummage/chew/wave it dramatically around/drop it' by then one and a bit year old daughter roaming around the place.

Heh, mine is how the f*ck will I find 100+ hours to sink into Fallout 4 with a super curious 'I see grown ups using this, I simply must pat/rummage/chew/wave it dramatically around/drop it' by then one and a bit year old daughter roaming around the place.

You can drug them or tie them to things.

I have a 21 month ol and have currently racked up nearly 160hrs on FNV (Finished it multiple times on hardcore with diff factions and DLC but still trying dlc and other paths). This was done over months during nap time and after he'd gone to bed, it's possible :D

With regard to FV4 I would really really hope that it would be less crash prone and that save files wouldn't randomly corrupt or cause infinite loading screens :mad:

Some discussion now about whether it'll be cross-gen or not. It seems like it'd be a hell of a challenge, and probably not worth it, considering the sheer scope of an open world game. Time will tell, though.

Some discussion now about whether it'll be cross-gen or not. It seems like it'd be a hell of a challenge, and probably not worth it, considering the sheer scope of an open world game. Time will tell, though.

3 years between FO3 and Skryrim, 3 years between Skyrim and FO4... Oblivion-FO3 was a bit shorter, so three games on the last generation. Seems unlikely they'll make more for this gen, so would make sense to focus their development on the new systems. Might get considerably higher sales on cross-gen mind you, and if they use a tweaked version of the Skyrim engine it would still be quite pretty.

50 quid for PC though, if those prices are anything to go by... what's the accuracy of that website, I mean that apparently it's listed pre-orders before announcement of release before, but how long before?

50 quid for PC though, if those prices are anything to go by... what's the accuracy of that website, I mean that apparently it's listed pre-orders before announcement of release before, but how long before?

or wait a while for the GOTW edition to fall to £15-£20. Skyrim Legendary is approaching the magic mark...

cutting_edge.png

Yeah, saw it play out last night. It was a very, very good one. I can't say I feel the same level of disappointment as everyone else over on reddit. It was an exciting and interesting ride in and of itself. Lots of fun to watch. And we know F4 will be coming anyway, so it's not like this is confirmation that they're never making it.

the bloke behind it says he's rich enough to be able to afford it, I'd like to be financially secure enough to be able to spend a grand on a joke.

Yeah, and the whole thing sounds remarkably similar to the story the hoaxer had created. Boston, The Institute, you see life before the bombs dropped, you wake up in cryo...

The hoaxer apparently finished his script back in march... so...

I mean...

Yeah, and the whole thing sounds remarkably similar to the story the hoaxer had created. Boston, The Institute, you see life before the bombs dropped, you wake up in cryo...

The hoaxer apparently finished his script back in march... so...

I mean...

IGN are saying the same thing, its like they have all been out to some remote no speaking buddhist retreat or we mass hallucinated a fake Fallout 4 website and the reddit AMA.

IGN are saying the same thing, its like they have all been out to some remote no speaking buddhist retreat or we mass hallucinated a fake Fallout 4 website and the reddit AMA.

Aye, that Reddit hoax that sprung up in April this year said all the same stuff, and the poster afterwards said he'd made it all up because he was bored. Sounds like just the same stuff getting regurgitated over and over (and that original Reddit stuff has cropped up as Fallout 4 'news' several times this year already).

I'm taking anything I hear with a definite pinch of salt pretty much until something is said directly by either Pete Hines (Bethesda Softworks head of PR) or Todd Howard (Bethesda Game Studio lead developer). Given how close to their chests they keep any game info both pre and post announcement, I tend not to take any leaks too seriously. Even if they turn out eventually have been true, the secrecy with which Bethesda (both the publisher and the developer) treat their games means that they are often a target for hoax leaks and speculation that quickly becomes a 'factoid'.

Back
Top Bottom