Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fallout 4

2011-10-09_00001.jpg

Ill always remember stepping out of the vault and seeing this view for the first time and realising what a fun exploring game I'd gotten into.

I've never played a Fallout game, and I don't think I'm an RPG-type gamer, but for some reason I bought Fallout 3 for the PS3 a while back. I've still not installed it.

Worth a go? I'm very behind on games, so I don't think I'll care about the no doubt dated graphics(?), but these games aren't about the graphics anyway, are they?

Also, how long is it likely to take to complete?

Probably was just me but the first time I played Fallout 3 (just turned 14. Woolworths had it for a tenner only weeks after release as it was closing down) and I picked absolutely everything up. Empty bottles, paperweights, carton of cigarettes, basically anything to help me get money.

Once you play Fallout you honestly will never know a game like it. I was the same, RPGs and massive world games were never my thing before, but there was something that made Fallout one of my top games of all time.

You can probably rush through it in a few hours, but if you try do everything in game (with the inclusion of all DLCs), youre looking a good few days playtime. Graphics wise, they're still great although obviously much better for PC.

I bought F3 on the 360, and I admit I didn't like it. But fast forward to me switching to PC, and I got F:NV and love it. I think I do better with games like that on PC. Not least because you can mod them :D

Same with Oblivion. 360 = played it for 2 hours. Skyrim, PC = 2000 hours. Okay, Oblivion and Skyrim are different beasts, but the theory is largely the same. I intend to give Skywind a good going over eventually.

I prefer NV to Fallout 3 because it's more like Fallout 1 and 2... although the exploratory thing in Fallout 3 is better...

I'm hoping that towns have much more people, there's a hardcore mode where you have to eat/ammo weighs/etc, factions like NV, the writing is more like NV than F3 (more moral ambiguity please, better quest lines, etc).

I'd quite like it to be set earlier than F3/NV, but that might be because of playing The Last Of Us, and Neo Scavenger.

I'm really not bothered by having vehicles, or it using the ID 6 engine (especially as I found the blur snap-in graphics annoying in Rage, and Wolfenstein. I'm also not really bothered about huge amounts of crafting (as that sort of broke Skyrim a little bit for me, why bother hunting obscure magic items, when you can max your smithing/enchanting skills out and make your own)

If it really is the release I kinda hope they try somewhere brand new. The idea of Project Brazil and Los Angelas would be interesting to add in.

So, about 30 years after the war, then? Or not? Can't work it out. Is he meant to be that baby? Or a descendent?

Either way, to see more of the war itself. HELL YES.

Back
Top Bottom