Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup 21/22

hash tag

Reaching out
The FA cup is back this weekend :) where the rich me poor, visit the smaller grounds or the lower league clubs get to visit the big grounds. Looking forward to seeing some decent football not to mention a few shocks.
It's great seeing live matches from the smaller grounds.

Pick of the round; the live match non-league Sudbury V Colchester.
Also looking for a win from the Wombles.

I posted this somewhere else, but Yate Town v Yeovil is the first time that two clubs beginning with Y have met in the FA Cup.

(Winchester City went out at the first hurdle - in the Preliminary Round. The game kicked off a bit early and we were 1-0 down before the clock struck 3.00pm. The game didn't get any better)

We're on the telly away to St Albans who we played a couple of times back in our Conference days. Think they're about fourteen unbeaten so right old bananaskin.

I am pleasantly surprised to see and looking forward to the Sudbury match live on bbc2 shortly. I see they are known as the Suds and the ground holds 2500. No surprise that it's sold out. 👍

Doing our best to provide the missing upset of the round; Edwards decided to play a new system and it's nearly bitten us in the arse against a solid side on form, plus we always have a flap or two at the back even when we weren't conceding early season. Getting through often enough ourselves though, so hopefully we can come out the other side.

So far it's been the best of the games shown on non-satellite tv this weekend, just hope St Albans can keep up the pace in the 2nd half.

So far it's been the best of the games shown on non-satellite tv this weekend, just hope St Albans can keep up the pace in the 2nd half.
They've come through the hard way with late winners and replays by looks of it so although I'm hoping part time might mean they flag we certainly can't bank on it.

Good result.
I see home team gets £150k from television & FA alone. Not to be sneezed at. More to come now and the club's deserve it. 👍

Halifax-Maidenhead: football as suicide chess! Remarkable match.

Thankfully it was Theresa May's Magpies shot down in flames at the end.

Hard lines for St.Albans having to play to an astroturfed team with no fans playing 2-3 levels higher than they should be because money. Charlton facing a tricky trip to either Tyneside or Altrincham will likely feature on TV somewhere, too.

People salivating over Buxton-Morecambe but a trip to the Peak District not that unusual for the Shrimps from old Northern Premier League days.

All in all the draw's a bit meh, sadly, with lots of same-league ties. Good side of that is by my reckoning non league has at least three teams in the third round.

Cream teas and "Monty" likely to feature in coverage of Pompey v Harrogate.
Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 21.15.05.png

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 21.15.22.png

Back
Top Bottom