Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2024

I've no comment on the late Max/Lando move. But a penalty when there wasn't anything for the lap 1 turn 1 incident where Verstappen rosberged (tm) it up the inside and didn't bother with the corner?

Lap 1 rightly has more leeway with the stewards than the rest of the race but that should apply to incidents where there's not enough track for the number of cars, not drivers who stop giving a shit about turning.

Might be a case of McLaren probably wins the constructors, Max wins the drivers title (unless he DNF's) with Redbull being
beaten into 3rd by Ferrari.

I know McLaren have a new floor, so hopefully that will give them some extra pace. Though I don't think the track really
suited the McLaren until the fuel burned off a bit. Whatever happens, Lando can learn from this and be prepared for
next season assuming McLaren hopefully has a title challenger from the get go. They need to sharpen up the strategy side
of things but they have signed Redbull's head of strategy. But he won't be joining McLaren until Mid 2026.

Anyway should be an exciting end to the season. As for the stewards? They need to send them to
specsavers. Very inconsistent decisions, all I ask for is consistency and fairness.

That was a good scrap for third. Much better than a parade from start to finish.
Might be a case of McLaren probably wins the constructors, Max wins the drivers title (unless he DNF's) with Redbull being
beaten into 3rd by Ferrari.

I know McLaren have a new floor, so hopefully that will give them some extra pace. Though I don't think the track really
suited the McLaren until the fuel burned off a bit. Whatever happens, Lando can learn from this and be prepared for
next season assuming McLaren hopefully has a title challenger from the get go. They need to sharpen up the strategy side
of things but they have signed Redbull's head of strategy. But he won't be joining McLaren until Mid 2026.

Anyway should be an exciting end to the season. As for the stewards? They need to send them to
specsavers. Very inconsistent decisions, all I ask for is consistency and fairness.
I like a good, strong, bollock-kicking assessment.

It reminds me of my last job.

:thumbs:

Good to see we still have other team in the mix for the rest of the season

interpretation of the rule still appears a little to much in max favour but what can you do

as for Nando if he closed out the first corner on lap, he might not of been in the same situation
get more aggressive lando

Hola! It's another race weekend.

Mexico beckons, offering the conventional medley of practice sessions. None of those new-fangled sprint racelets.

The UK telly times will be:

Fri 25 Oct
FP1 - 19:30
FP2 - 23:00

Sat 26 Oct
FP3 - 18:30
Qual - 22:00

Sun 27 Oct
Race - 20:00

In Austin, Nozza tossed away his pole position in the first corner. This week, I bet my near-finished Biro that Nozza will lose 4 or more places by the end of the first lap. Who wants a piece of that delicious pen action?

Edit: Don't forget the clocks in the UK go back an hour on Sunday 27th. Revel in that UTC certainty!

The number of people who believed that Norris could still win the WDC should have decreased considerably after yesterday's race.

He always had a long shot at winning the drivers title, given the RB20 was quick before it fall off the edge of a cliff. The real battle is with the Constructors championship, it's what McLaren want badly (last time they won it was back in 1998). They've not won it since 1998. Not convinced Redbull fixed the car, both Ferrari's looked dominant. Maybe we'll see McLaren back to being fast given Mexico is a normal race weekend. Not surprised they held off
on introducing the new floor given the US Grand Prix was a sprint weekend. They've not updated the main design of the floor since Miami.

'inconsistent' stewards International media reacts​

🇬🇧 The Times- Norris riled by stewards’ ‘guesswork’ as Verstappen elbows title rival aside
Starting in the United Kingdom, The Times has focused on Lando Norris' frustration with the stewards for penalising him. Norris caught Verstappen quickly in the latter stages and attempted to go around the outside of Verstappen at Turn 12 on lap 52. Both drivers went off the circuit, however, Norris rejoined ahead of Verstappen. McLaren felt the penalty was wrong, and insisted that Norris had been forced off the circuit. The stewards were criticised by McLaren team principal Andrea Stella for taking "inappropriate" action.

🇮🇹 La Gazzetta dello Sport - 'Leclerc: "Now let's take the Constructors' World Championship".
In Italy, La Gazzetta dello Sport has spoken extensively about Ferrari's remarkable race at the Circuit of the Americas. Ferrari looked quick throughout the USGP but never quite put everything together, until the race. Leclerc went from fourth to first at the first corner with a brilliant move, which saw the Monégasque cut up the inside of Norris, Verstappen and Sainz. From that moment, Leclerc was untouchable, whilst Sainz undercut Verstappen to complete the Ferrari one-two. Now, the Maranello-based team is just 48 points behind McLaren in the championship and with a car that looks capable of fighting for the title.

🇫🇷 L'Equipe - 'Lando Norris penalised after overtaking Max Verstappen: "A bit of an inconsistent decision".
In France, L'Equipe has also spoken about Norris' penalty for overtaking Verstappen off the circuit. Specifically, the newspaper has focused on comments from the British driver, who is now 57 points behind the championship leader. Norris criticised the stewards to Canal+ for making "inconsistent decisions", with the 24-year-old certain he was forced off the circuit.

🇳🇱 De Telegraaf - 'Lando Norris lashes out after penalty in fight with Verstappen: "What Max did was not right".
In the Netherlands, Norris' penalty is also the big discussion in De Telegraaf, and in particular his comments towards the stewards.
The Briton was adamant after the race that Verstappen's driving "was not right" and that the three-time world champion went too far. Several comparisons were made after the race to Verstappen's battles in 2021 against Lewis Hamilton, particularly in Brazil and Saudi Arabia. On those occasions, both drivers also went off the circuit whilst the Red Bull driver was on the inside.

🇩🇪 BILD - 'Serious accusation from Mercedes boss Toto Wolff'
In Germany, BILD has looked at comments made by Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff, who insisted that there were "patterns" in the decisions being made by the stewards. George Russell was another driver to receive a five-second time penalty due to an incident at Turn 12 after he was judged to have forced Valtteri Bottas off the circuit. Wolff completely disagreed with Russell's penalty and was then perplexed as to why Verstappen did not receive one for his incident with Norris. The Mercedes boss told Sky F1 "certain patterns" in decisions needed to be looked into, whilst he described Russell's penalty as "inexplicable".

🇦🇺 Herald Sun -Red Bull owns up to Daniel Ricciardo mistake after farcical Singapore scenes.
Finally, in Australia, the Herald Sun focused on comments from RB team principal Laurent Mekies, who opened up on the axing of Daniel Ricciardo. Ricciardo was axed after the Singapore Grand Prix and replaced by Liam Lawson for the remaining races, who finished in a superb ninth at the Circuit of the Americas. Ahead of the weekend, Mekies accepted that Ricciardo's departure was "frustrating" and had not been handled in the best way. For the entirety of the Singapore GP, RB worked as if a decision on Ricciardo had yet to be taken. It later transpired the call had been made prior to the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom