Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2024

Oscar Piastri pumping in those fastest laps, he knows he has to drive fast to beat Lando and stop the team switching them

Good gamble from Ferrari there. No idea what McLaren are doing, they should have told both drivers to hold station then built a
gap to Leclerc and then raced each other. McLaren can't continue to be wishy washy. They'll end up losing the constructors if
they aren't careful and Redbull manage to figure something out that improves the car just enough to score more points.

If I were Lando I'd be peeved with Oscar today. That move opened things up for Ferrari's gamble to become an option
and work.

McLaren seems to be only interested in winning the constructors' Championship. He can win both championships this season and they should be doing everything they can to help Lando win as many points as possible.

Yeah, seems a bit mad they haven't pushed the button yet.

However, Zak seemed to waver in the post race interview on Sky, he said "we're taking it race by race", he also said that Piastri had broken "papaya rules" by hitting Lando so I think there will be some deep and meaningfuls in the next few days.

Max spitting feathers.

“The car is undriveable, it’s a massive balance problem that we have, and that is not only over one lap but also the race,” Verstappen said. “Last year we had a great car, which was the most dominant car ever, and we basically turned it into a monster.”

K Mag gets a race ban for racking up penalty points, after his collision with Gasly. Another race for Bearman looks imminent.

oc8friy387xb1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, seems a bit mad they haven't pushed the button yet.

However, Zak seemed to waver in the post race interview on Sky, he said "we're taking it race by race", he also said that Piastri had broken "papaya rules" by hitting Lando so I think there will be some deep and meaningfuls in the next few days.

It's under review...

“It now looks like the drivers’ championship is definitely a possibility,” said Stella. “We were a little cautious before Monza, but now we can see that McLaren can compete at circuits where last year we were not competitive.

“Lando is obviously in the best position from a numbers point of view. We are fighting Max Verstappen so I think if we want to give support to one driver we certainly have to pick the one who is in the best position, and Lando has been doing very well.”

It's under review...

“It now looks like the drivers’ championship is definitely a possibility,” said Stella. “We were a little cautious before Monza, but now we can see that McLaren can compete at circuits where last year we were not competitive.

“Lando is obviously in the best position from a numbers point of view. We are fighting Max Verstappen so I think if we want to give support to one driver we certainly have to pick the one who is in the best position, and Lando has been doing very well.”

A good time to have made that decision would have been before Monza…. Lando could have had 10 more points by now.

A good time to have made that decision would have been before Monza…. Lando could have had 10 more points by now.

They should have made the decision way before Monza. But I think people have to remember that is a very different McLaren to the Ron Dennis
McLaren. I hope they'll learn from the mistakes made this season and improve for next season. Where they'll hopefully have
the car to challenge for both titles from the get go.

As for Redbull? I guess they'll be stuffed for 2025 if they can't figure out where they went wrong. Teams will be switching focus to
the '26 car designs from January 2025.

Back
Top Bottom