14Pierre GaslyAlpine1:11.644s+ 0.942s32
15Logan SargeantWilliams1:11.818s+ 1.116s31
16Zhou GuanyuSauber1:11.934s+ 1.232s32
17Esteban OconAlpine1:12.061s+ 1.359s32
18Valtteri BottasSauber1:12.206s+ 1.504s31
19Carlos SainzFerrari1:13.108s+ 2.406s7
20Nico HülkenbergHaas1:13.296s+ 2.594s10

Negotiations Underway For African GP In Rwanda
Recently, Thailand was strongly linked with a solid grand prix bid - but Lewis Hamilton insists that F1's priority must be on completing a truly global world championship. 'It's 100 percent the right time', he declared at Zandvoort. You can't add races elsewhere and continue to ignore Africa. Nobody ever gives anything to Africa.

French-language news agency AFP reports that, just in the last few days, contact was made between F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali and officials in Rwanda - located in Africa's Great Lakes region. Domenicali confirmed that face-to-face meetings with officials about a permanent circuit in Rwanda are now scheduled for September. 'We want to go to Africa, but we have to find the right investment with the right strategy', said the Italian.

It's music to seven time world champion Hamilton's ears. 'I think having a grand prix there would highlight what a beautiful place it is and develop tourism and many other things', said the Mercedes driver. 'It's one of my favourite places I've been', Hamilton added. 'I've done a lot of work behind the scenes and spoken to people in Rwanda and South Africa. It's great that they want a grand prix so badly'.

According to AFP, a Formula 1 source confirmed that negotiations are underway.

[Another place to add to the list since Liberty Media took over:
Tunisia, USA (Miami, New York, Milwaukee, New J'ersey, Las Vegas, Daytona, California, Laguna Seca, Sonoma Raceway), Portugal Macau, Norway, Denmark, UK central London, Stratford and Cadrdiff, Korea, Turkey, South Africa, Argentina, Netherlands (Zandvoort, Assen) Saudi Arabia, Rio, Moroco, Angola, St Petersburg, Jerez, Panama, Colombia, Madrid, Zanzibar, Rwanda]

Dutch Grand Prix Free Practice 3 - Results​

PosDriverTeamTimeGapLaps
1Pierre GaslyAlpine1:20.311s5
2Kevin MagnussenHaas1:20.450s+ 0.139s9
3Valtteri BottasSauber1:21.155s+ 0.844s7
4Lando NorrisMcLaren1:21.387s+ 1.076s6
5Fernando AlonsoAston Martin1:21.461s+ 1.150s6
6Esteban OconAlpine1:21.643s+ 1.332s4
7Oscar PiastriMcLaren1:21.850s+ 1.539s10
8Lance StrollAston Martin1:21.941s+ 1.630s7
9Nico HülkenbergHaas1:22.354s+ 2.043s5
10Carlos SainzFerrari1:22.589s+ 2.278s6
11Zhou GuanyuSauber1:23.240s+ 2.929s5
12Logan SargeantWilliams1:23.287s+ 2.976s4
13George RussellMercedes1:23.958s+ 3.647s7
14Alexander AlbonWilliams1:24.007s+ 3.696s5
15Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:24.098s+ 3.787s3
16Charles LeclercFerrari1:24.158s+ 3.847s4
17Max VerstappenRed Bull1:24.360s+ 4.049s3
18Daniel RicciardoRB1:25.433s+ 5.122s7
19Yuki TsunodaRB4
20Sergio PérezRed Bull2

Rumours swirl of Newey's secret Aston Martin contract​

Earlier, the departing Red Bull technical 'genius' looked destined for a move to Ferrari, but Maranello officials reportedly baulked at Newey's demands for control. When asked at Zandvoort if the 'group' at Ferrari matters more than signing a 'genius', team boss Frederic Vasseur told Marca: "Yes, the group counts more than the genius. I have always said that. This applies to engineers, drivers and anyone, the Frenchman insisted. PSG has always chosen the best, but has never won the Champions League", he said, referring to the football club Paris Saint-Germain. However, we are on the right track.

In contrast, rumours are now rife that Newey, 65, has put pen to paper on a lucrative deal with Aston Martin - but agreements are in place to keep it under wraps until early 2025. Aston Martin brand ambassador Pedro de la Rosa was cheekily asked by a reporter for DAZN at Zandvoort if he has already taken a tour of Newey's new office. "If you know something, tell me", the former F1 driver laughed, "because it seems that you are better informed than I am".

And in stark contrast with Vasseur's comments about Newey, Aston Martin team boss Mike Krack said on Friday that F1's technical 'genius' could fit in. "It's not like you have to make huge changes", he said. "I think there was a time where there was a team that had seven technical directors, so I think we are very far from that. I think someone like that, you have to make any kind of effort to integrate and adjust your structure to get the best out of it", Krack added.

Looks like Kimi Antonelli will drive for Mercedes in 2025. Toto said while talking to Sky F1 "What I also said is that the two drivers that are in the car have our full support, 100 per cent. And therefore I'm entering the season in 2025 with two drivers that we will be giving all the opportunity to perform. That's why I don't want to talk about the 2026 driver lineup at that stage because I want to make it work with George and Kimi."

Dutch authorities seize Haas F1 cars at Zandvoort​

Operating on legal authority, Dutch police and bailiffs entered the Formula 1 team's garages at the Dutch GP venue and formally seized the race cars, motorhome, trucks and all other equipment. Haas can continue to use the equipment throughout the weekend, but without paying back about $10 million to disgruntled former Russian sponsor Uralkali, the team is barred from departing the country. "They must inform us where all the equipment is", said Dutch lawyer Jurjen de Korte, representing Nikita Mazepin's former sponsor. "If they do not comply, they are committing a criminal offense".

Haas was ordered to pay back sponsorship money in a Swiss arbitration case in June, relating to the team's decision to axe its deals with Uralkali and Mazepin at the outbreak of the 2022 Russia-Ukraine conflict. "They had time to comply", the lawyer added, "but they were playing hide-and-seek. The ball is in their court, they have to find a solution".

Haas said in a statement that it intends to repay the money, but is struggling to comply with complex anti-Russian sanctions. "We will continue to work with Uralkali in the coming days to finally resolve this matter", said the Gene Haas-owned team. Team boss Ayao Komatsu said on Friday: "We're not disputing it whatsoever, but it's a complicated process to transfer the funds across". If Haas cannot quickly find a solution, the team could sit out next weekend's Italian GP - a breach of its contracts with Formula 1.

Uralkali sounded totally unsympathetic in its own press statement. "This is the expected consequence of Haas' refusal to obey the ruling of arbitrage awarding payment and a race car to Uralkali", the Russian fertiliser company insisted. "There are not now and never have been any sanctions issues preventing Haas from fulfilling its obligations. Nevertheless, they have gone unfulfilled", Uralkali added. "We are delighted to hear that, following last night's visit from Dutch authorities, Haas is finally paying attention to the arbitral ruling".

Edit: It appears that Haas have now paid up

Wow Its only 23C at Zandvoort at the hight of summer (early afternoon), its 27C at 9.45am here and its winter, that's why I live here and not in Europe :):cool::D:thumbs:

links

2024 Dutch Grand Prix - Qualifying results​

PosDriverTeamQ1Q2Q3
1Lando NorrisMcLaren1:11.377s1:10.496s1:09.673s
2Max VerstappenRed Bull1:11.393s1:10.811s1:10.029s
3Oscar PiastriMcLaren1:11.541s1:10.505s1:10.172s
4George RussellMercedes1:11.049s1:10.552s1:10.244s
5Sergio PérezRed Bull1:11.006s1:10.678s1:10.416s
6Charles LeclercFerrari1:11.370s1:10.689s1:10.582s
7Fernando AlonsoAston Martin1:11.493s1:10.845s1:10.633s
8Alexander AlbonWilliams1:11.503s1:10.768s1:10.653s
9Lance StrollAston Martin1:11.518s1:10.661s1:10.857s
10Pierre GaslyAlpine1:11.718s1:10.815s1:10.977s
11Carlos SainzFerrari1:11.327s1:10.914s
12Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:11.375s1:10.948s
13Yuki TsunodaRB1:11.603s1:10.955s
14Nico HülkenbergHaas1:11.832s1:11.215s
15Kevin MagnussenHaas1:11.630s1:11.295s
16Daniel RicciardoRB1:11.943s
17Esteban OconAlpine1:11.995s
18Valtteri BottasSauber1:12.168s
19Zhou GuanyuSauber1:13.261s
20Logan SargeantWilliams

Stewards penalise Lewis Hamilton with grid penalty​

Lewis Hamilton had little option to avoid the incident which cost him a grid penalty, an expert judgement has claimed. The Mercedes driver will start the F1 Dutch Grand Prix from 14th on the grid after stewards penalised him with a three-place grid drop. He was accused of impeding Sergio Perez during qualifying.

Sky Sports’ Anthony Davidson assessed the incident: “As Perez was called to the weighbridge, as Hamilton comes [past him] faster, his hand goes up in disgust.” Davidson rewatched replays and explained: “Lewis was on the outside of the corner. He knows Perez is coming up. But where do you go? Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. If you go to the inside, you’re on the racing line. You can’t stop the car on the track. Lewis was in a predicament. He was in the way, and tried his best to get out of the way. But unfortunately ends up on the racing line, on the corner. From my experience, I wouldn’t have known where to put my car in that situation. I really do think it was bad luck that Checo found himself in that situation. For Lewis? Apart from throwing his car off the track and driving through the gravel, or just physically stopping, I really don’t know where else he could have gone, in that moment. It’s a strange corner, down at Turn 9.”

Martin Brundle, before the stewards delivered their verdict, said: “Impeding is impeding. I think he can demonstrate that he did his best to get out of the way. Did Perez need to lift off? Is another argument that Mercedes will be making. Red Bull will make the argument that he was impeded.”

Provisional starting grid for the Formula 1 Dutch Grand Prix

1. Lando Norris
McLaren
2. Max Verstappen
Red Bull Racing
3. Oscar Piastri
McLaren
4. George Russell
Mercedes
5. Sergio Perez
Red Bull Racing
6. Charles Leclerc
Ferrari
7. Fernando Alonso
Aston Martin
8. Lance Stroll
Aston Martin
9. Pierre Gasly
Alpine
10. Carlos Sainz
Ferrari
11. Yuki Tsunoda
RB
12. Nico Hulkenberg
Haas
13. Kevin Magnussen
Haas
14. Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes
15. Daniel Ricciardo
RB
16. Esteban Ocon
Alpine
17. Valtteri Bottas
Sauber
18. Zhou Guanyu
Sauber

Penalties​

• Alex Albon was excluded from qualifying for a technical infringement on his Williams.
  • Lewis Hamilton received a three-place grid penalty for impeding Sergio Perez during qualifying.
  • Logan Sargeant failed to set a lap in qualifying following a heavy Free Practice 3 crash but has been cleared by officials to start the race.

Hearing Albon got disqualified from qualifying :confused: too, something about his floor.
Yep, Williams F1 driver Alexander Albon has been disqualified from the Dutch Grand Prix qualifying session due to a violation of technical regulations. Albon's performance had initially surprised many as he clocked the eighth fastest time, but concerns arose regarding the compliance of his car's specifications. The issue centers on the dimensions of Albon's car floor, which reportedly exceeded the limits set by Formula 1 regulations. This was uncovered during a post-qualifying inspection conducted by the technical team, whose findings were subsequently reviewed by the F1 stewards. The stewards confirmed that Albon's car did not meet the required specifications outlined in the FIA Formula One Technical Regulations.

The official statement from the Stewards reads:
"The Stewards heard from the team representatives of Car 23 (Alexander Albon), the FIA Technical Delegate, the FIA Scrutineer conducting the measurement of the car and the FIA Single Seater Director. The floor body of Car 23 was found to lie outside the regulatory volume mentioned in Article 3.5.1 a) of the FIA Formula One Technical Regulations. The team did not dispute the calibration of the FIA measuring system and the measurement of the car, but stated that their own measurements have produced different results. The Stewards determine that the result of the measurement conducted with the FIA system in Parc Ferme is the relevant one and the due process prescribed by the regulations has been followed. Therefore the standard penalty for such an infringement is applied."

Williams reportedly considering replacing Sargeant for Italian GP​

Logan Sargeant’s tenure in Formula 1 with Williams looks to be hanging by a thread after the American’s massive crash in Saturday’s final practice at the Dutch Grand Prix. The crash, which occurred 15 minutes into the session when Sargeant lost control of his car on the exit of Zandvoort’s banked Turn 4 and spun into the barrier, resulted in significant damage to his FW46 car. The impact was so severe that it necessitated a lengthy red flag period that consumed the entire session as marshals worked to recover the wrecked car, which had quickly caught fire, and repair the barriers. Fortunately, the chassis survived the incident, but the engine and gearbox were heavily damaged, leaving Williams unable to repair the car in time for qualifying.

Williams team principal James Vowles was predictably unimpressed by Sargeant’s blunder. "A hundred people worked on our big upgrade for weeks and worked their fingers sore so that we could use two cars with the new parts,” he said. “And then everything was ruined within a second. It was an unnecessary accident. In the third practice session in the rain, you're not taking full risk." According to reports from the German outlet Auto Motor und Sport, the Grove-based team is now considering replacing Sargeant ahead of next week’s Italian Grand Prix at Monza.

While no decision has been made, Mercedes reserve and former Haas driver Mick Schumacher has been tipped as a potential replacement, a solution that would likely please Vowles' former boss at the Brackely squad, Toto Wolff, who has always been supportive of Schumacher's efforts. However, Red Bull reserve Liam Lawson is also reportedly a potential option for Williams, if the Kiwi’s employer agrees to a temporary loan.

Sargeant’s second season with Williams has been a complete disaster. He has yet to outqualify his teammate, Alex Albon, at any Grand Prix this year and remains the only driver outside of the Sauber team who has not scored any points in the Drivers’ Championship. It has been clear for some time that his position at Williams was in jeopardy, and this was confirmed during the summer break when Carlos Sainz was announced as Albon’s new teammate on a multi-year contract starting in 2025. Sargeant’s second year with Williams has been nothing short of a nightmare.

Always got the impression that the main reason Sargeant got a drive was this whole, trying to sell F1 to Americans, thing. He's looked hopelessly out of his depth, from word go and I'd imagine most Americans would be more embarrassed about him over having a countryman to cheer on.

Haas has changed components in Kevin Magnussen's car ahead of the Dutch Grand Prix, and the Danish driver will therefore start from the pit lane at Zandvoort.

Verstappen has gone through a surprise doping check​

Three-time Formula One world champion Max Verstappen received a surprise wake-up call to perform a doping check ahead of this weekend's Dutch Grand Prix. Max Verstappen has had a challenging home race weekend at Zandvoort. Although he has displayed strong pace over the first two days, he was unable to beat the McLaren of Lando Norris in yesterday's qualifying, and had to settle for P2 on the grid for today’s Dutch Grand Prix.

It has now emerged that the Dutch driver was contacted by the doping agency on Friday morning to perform a doping test. Verstappen was still in bed in his motorhome when the doping control paid him a visit at 7 a.m. before the opening practice session. Speaking of the surprise doping check, Red Bull motorsport advisor Dr. Helmut Marko confirmed to De Telegraaf:"Max was a bit grumpy. It’s just a Friday. We shouldn’t make it bigger than it is. People from such an agency often come early because then it’s easy to deliver a first pee…”

Expanding on the doping check, Verstappen stated that he was surprised to have been asked to complete the check so early in the morning. "By the way, I had a lovely morning this morning," he said. "So I’m in bed, and suddenly the doorbell rings. And I’m like ‘What the f**k? Who the f**k is ringing the doorbell in the motorhome?’. And I look at my phone, it’s seven o’clock. I’m like ‘What the f**k? What the f**k is going on’. So I got to the door, opened the door, yeah, doping control. At 7 AM, mate. That’s a great start to the weekend. And then it took me one hour to go to the toilet," concluded the championship runaway leader.

Dutch GP Starting Grid 2024 – Final​

PosDriverTeam
1Lando NorrisMcLaren
2Max VerstappenRed Bull
3Oscar PiastriMcLaren
4George RussellMercedes
5Sergio PerezRed Bull
6Charles LeclercFerrari
7Fernando AlonsoAston Martin
8Lance StrollAston Martin
9Pierre GaslyAlpine
10Carlos SainzFerrari
11Yuki TsunodaRB
12Nico HulkenbergHaas
13Lewis Hamilton*Mercedes
14Daniel RicciardoRB
15Esteban OconAlpine
16Valtteri BottasSauber
17Zhou GuanyuSauber
18Logan Sargeant*Williams
19Alex Albon*Williams
20Kevin Magnussen*Haas

Dutch GP 2024 Grid Penalties

• Logan Sargeant – Did not take part in qualifying and races at the stewards’ discretion
  • Alex Albon – Disqualified from Qualifying
  • Lewis Hamilton – 3 place grid penalty – Impeding another driver
  • Kevin Magnussen – Required to start from the pit lane – Car modified whilst under Parc Fermé conditions and additional power unit elements have been used

One of these will work

Back
Top Bottom