Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Extinction Rebellion

No point keeping the bridge open because according to one of the protesters today, in a couple of years we’ll all be irreversibly extinct.

I thought maybe in case they fell off and landed on a car. Seems would have been reasonable to put up a “possible falling Tarquins” sign and open the two middle lanes at least.

Well there's always a risk of people jumping off motorway or railway bridges, these loons seemed to have been well secured, so no great risk of them falling.

That's seriously grim. Yes, it's France. ACAB.

It's not grim at all, the road was cleared in minutes, that lass hardly reacted when she lost a layer of skin, that twat of a bloke totally over reacted for the benefit of the cameras.

You have a right to peaceful protest and indeed to glue yourself to the road, the police have a right to remove you to protect the rights of the public to go about their business.

Losing a layer of skin, because you're a twat, is down to your actions, and is far from life threatening.

It's not grim at all, the road was cleared in minutes, that lass hardly reacted when she lost a layer of skin, that twat of a bloke totally over reacted for the benefit of the cameras.

You have a right to peaceful protest and indeed to glue yourself to the road, the police have a right to remove you to protect the rights of the public to go about their business.

Losing a layer of skin, because you're a twat, is down to your actions, and is far from life threatening.
Right wing climate change denying nutter.

You’ll prob be in the cabinet soon!

…that lass hardly reacted when she lost a layer of skin, that twat of a bloke totally over reacted for the benefit of the cameras…

Well, I think it’s a fine thing that French top-flight footballers have involved themselves in the protests.

I don't know about her personal oil use but she clearly went to public school which of course doesn't matter at all because protest movements divorced from the working class are blah blah etc

This is the fucking Home Secretary! This country’s screwed!

Is 'tofu eating' not a racial epithet, tofu being primarily eaten by Chinese people? I'm pretty sure 'curry eating' would rightly be stepped on pretty swiftly. Where would I direct my complaint?

Fuck me. There are a lot of (wilfully) stupid people.

Actually she has convinced me that these actions are having a very powerful effect.

Last week one of the group was saying we have two years to save the planet, but with a simple combination of soup-throwing and bridge-climbing that has increased to between three and four years.

Is 'tofu eating' not a racial epithet, tofu being primarily eaten by Chinese people? I'm pretty sure 'curry eating' would rightly be stepped on pretty swiftly. Where would I direct my complaint?
Think it’s just a phrase to throw in to try and stoke a culture war rather than actual do anything. A favoured tactic of climate change deniers as platinumsage makes clear.

The use of woke derogatorily tends to be the sign of a racist though, or at least a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

This mad insistence it’s still the 70s and vegetarianism is a character flaw must be costing them votes at this point. Along with this “how can he afford a phone/tv?” Attitude.

Bet 90% of MPs drink lattes to so targeting that’s a bit weird.

Not in the sense that it is meant here. It is more directed at 'lefty Guardian reader alternative lifestyle types'. Completely pathetic dogwhistle shite though.

She should have said yogurt-weaving yurt dwellers. Of course if there were any actual working-class people doing this sort of stunt, such pejorative epithets wouldn't have worked, she'd have had to go with benefit scroungers or rent-a-mob communists.

Well yes, but my family are literally Chinese and literally eat tofu as a cultural characteristic so having it used as a term of derision is offensive to us.

She should have thrown in “milk drinkers” and “cheese-eating surrender monkeys” to get a proper storm going.

Her constituency office address is:

14 East Street
Fareham
Hampshire
PO16 0BN

Back
Top Bottom