Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Extinction Rebellion

It's been covered in a few places, including in lots of news coverage. Not as simple as giving up civil disobedience though, but that's not stopping Martin doing and saying his normal thing.

It's clearly mentioned on their website btw.

It's been covered in a few places, including in lots of news coverage. Not as simple as giving up civil disobedience though, but that's not stopping Martin doing and saying his normal thing.

It's clearly mentioned on their website btw.

Cheers :thumbs:

Reactions: LDC
I haven’t seen that reported anywhere. Maybe the media ignored it.

Do you have a reliable link?
I wouldn't say Red and Black Telly is unreliable but theres this from XR themselves

I wouldn't say Red and Black Telly is unreliable but theres this from XR themselves

Yeah, it’s not especially specific.

It looks like they’re basically talking about giving up on the 3.5% thing.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen that reported anywhere. Maybe the media ignored it.

Do you have a reliable link?

Quite apart from their own site, all of these from Sunday.

E2A and the Daily Mail, but I refuse to click on that one :D

I think it's wise to shift tactics for a bit. The govt/press really have the bit in their teeth stirring up hatred of them so it's good to do something less predictable. However I wonder if they could come up with something a bit more creative than march/protest in central London.

I think it's wise to shift tactics for a bit. The govt/press really have the bit in their teeth stirring up hatred of them so it's good to do something less predictable. However I wonder if they could come up with something a bit more creative than march/protest in central London.
So in order to do something less predictable they're doing something very predictable

Seems like their big idea is a demo one tenth the size of the Iraq War one, which as we all know was a massive success:

That is a lovely burn there if the pizza box thing turns out to be true.
By the way, much as we would all love the pizza box thing to be true, appears that it is in fact another example of the "twitter crashed that insulin company"-style wishful myth:

By the way, much as we would all love the pizza box thing to be true, appears that it is in fact another example of the "twitter crashed that insulin company"-style wishful myth:
But dogs can't look up

Their animal rights group, Animal Rising, are calling out for people to join them for this Saturdays Grand National. Be interesting to see how they target this, & what Merseyside plod’s tactic will be. imo, any sniff of direct action & it’ll be a long auld kettle for the day.

I mean, that headline is definitely very funny, but if you read the actual story what the marathon director is saying is quite different to what the XR statement says, so it's not impossible that he might have got his wires crossed a bit there.

I mean, that headline is definitely very funny, but if you read the actual story what the marathon director is saying is quite different to what the XR statement says, so it's not impossible that he might have got his wires crossed a bit there.
You heard it here first.

W-D44237.JPG

Back
Top Bottom