Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Extinction Rebellion

Just as the anti militarist argument is most convincing when made by a SAS soldier like Ben Griffin I think climate change direct action is more powerful when made by scientists...

Just as the anti militarist argument is most convincing when made by a SAS soldier like Ben Griffin I think climate change direct action is more powerful when made by scientists...
Cross-posted from the direct action thread in Climate change: For all their efforts it went almost completely unreported by major media outlets and in LA was overwhelmingly crushed by the filth. Capital doesn't like it when well-informed people take a stand:

E2a here's his piece in the Graun:

Cross-posted from the direct action thread in Climate change: For all their efforts it went almost completely unreported by major media outlets and in LA was overwhelmingly crushed by the filth. Capital doesn't like it when well-informed people take a stand:

E2a here's his piece in the Graun:

The problem with this sort of protest is it relies for its effect on media reporting. And as you say this went widely unnoticed

no, in that case it would be by the victim/family of someone whose crime lead to the death penalty

its really sunny out btw, lovely day
Yeh I'm not sure you know what militarism is, war, war is the continuation of politics by other means, where I've encountered militarism, militarists it's been in opposition to people who believe in a political solution to an issue among eg the IRA. It is however a beautiful day. Just a shame I'll spend the afternoon indoors. Lovely here in Sydenham tho

Last edited:
They had some guys in white coats talking on the southbank earlier but the cheers and bigger crowd were for the jugglers on the next pitch along.

Wearing a lab coat doesn't make someone a scientist and it isn't illegal to tell someone you're a scientist no matter what you do. Plus what sort of scientist? climatologist? physicist? I know people who mix homeopathic 'remedies' who claim they're scientists.

I think it's better that people are doing something to try to keep the climate change and collapse issues in the publics awareness.

Extinction Rebellion are being treated now as just another protest issue group so organising a week of events is a huge undertaking, and one they seem to be succeeding at.

The reality of climate change is frightening and will cause much upheaval for humanity.

I took my photos at 11.40. Shortly after the arrived but before some of them glued their hands to the window.

It was well organised protest.

With XR people giving out leaflets and explaining to passers Bay what this protest was about.

Given the loads of cops around Central London its good effort by XR to make this happen.

Their were van loads of cops onsite. But given the well dressed people in lab coats they looked bemused at what to do about it.

Inventive protesting by XR.

Particularly annoying today as a cyclist was the number of pigs riding around on horses in Central London.

Is this supposed to scare off XR protestors?

Yeah you really need to have a long career of slaughtering people before you can figure out that it's bad.

Back
Top Bottom