Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Essential Trump/Alt-Right Ridicule Thread

"The world in the viewfinder | Surreal scenes Wednesday in Washington. A crowd of pro-Trump protesters, galvanized by the outgoing president refusing defeat, entered the Capitol, a symbol of American legislative power. In this historical chaos, a photographer was able to capture a moment of calm and wonder."

1280_yeuxauciel.jpg

I know it's not the most important thing from the Big Takeover article, but I hadn't seen this guy before reading it and I cannot get over his facial expressions:
ErFmqebVgAUVcXL

ErFmshcVQAUpxzu
when the effects of three days drinking and partying start to wear off

It seems the Reddit post I quoted was inaccurate so I'm deleting the quote, but leaving the link for reference.

Doesn't change the tl:dr though. Which is:

Parler

a) required people to upload scans of their driving license if they wanted Parler "citizenship";

b) didn't scrub the metadata from images and videos that were uploaded;

c) didn't actually delete stuff when users deleted their histories (most notably in the aftermath of last week's "insurrection") it just made it invisible to users;

d) was incredibly sloppy about data security.

So:

70 Tb of data was uploaded to open source archives which has no doubt speeded up law enforcement's ability to track them down.

Source: https://www.reddit[dot]com/r/ParlerWatch/comments/kuqvs3/all_parler_user_data_is_being_downloaded_as_we/giu04o6/

Last edited:
I don't actually do Reddit, but this is an amazing account of how Parler was hacked.

I don't really know if what's being described makes sense, but it doesn't change the tl:dr which is:

Parler

a) required people to upload scans of their driving license if they wanted Parler "citizenship";

b) didn't scrub the metadata from images and videos that were uploaded;

c) didn't actually delete stuff when users deleted their histories (most notably in the aftermath of last week's "insurrection") it just made it invisible to users;

d) was incredibly sloppy about data security.

So:

70 Tb of data was uploaded to open source archives which has no doubt speeded up law enforcement's ability to track them down.

Source: https://www.reddit[dot]com/r/ParlerWatch/comments/kuqvs3/all_parler_user_data_is_being_downloaded_as_we/giu04o6/

That description is rather a mangled version of what actually happened - the mass download and the failure of the authentication protocols are in fact separate things - the download was doable simply because the data structure and associated security was weak (technical term would be pissweak) to the point of non-existence; no admin accounts were needed to be created to access the content.

That description is rather a mangled version of what actually happened - the mass download and the failure of the authentication protocols are in fact separate things - the download was doable simply because the data structure and associated security was weak (technical term would be pissweak) to the point of non-existence; no admin accounts were needed to be created to access the content.
Yup, post edited to remove the gibberish :facepalm:

Still it's pretty amazing that a site being used by those who really needed high levels of security after so many had been doxed since the Unite the Right demo should be so lax.

I for one support Mr q shaman's protest for organic food. It is after all a central part of making America great again, as trump himself has described in detail on numerous occasion

Back
Top Bottom