Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Essential Trump/Alt-Right Ridicule Thread

I was in a Teams call earlier with someone who had an uncanny resemblance to Kathy Burke.

I just felt the need to mention that.

prominent local newsreader and heartthrob tells tbe truth accidentally

"New York 1 anchor Pat Kiernan misspoke in hilarious fashion Monday when he reported press secretary Kayleigh McEnany was the latest White House staffer to test positive for “cocaine". "

ps i keep posting NYDN links forgetting that they're unavailable in your quaint country. sorry, it's my tabloid and I've been reading it since a child.

4hqz30.jpg

hmm you think Trump promising to provide a drug based on stem cell research to all the American public could be used against him

:hmm:

It's sunburnt necks from working outside. Hence a term of abuse for manual labourers

That, but also this?

The white, black and immigrant miners who came together to fight for better working conditions all wore red bandanas around their necks. This was to identify each other in battle, but it would later come to have a far more symbolic meaning.

Is the link coming up from the quote? Can't see it on the phone... it's taken from medium.com
That's blank for me.

Just to expand. The term redneck has been used in several different contexts. In this (poor southern white rural Americans) it means sunburnt necks. Also in South Africa it was a term of abuse from the Boers about the English farmers, "rooinek". There are other uses of the term.

This gives a fuller description of the term and its various uses.

Redneck - Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom