Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Essential Trump/Alt-Right Ridicule Thread

well well well

California Governor Gavin Newsom said he plans to use a controversial U.S. Supreme Court ruling on strict abortion curbs in Texas to design a law that would allow private citizens to sue some gun manufacturers, distributors and sellers.

well well well

California Governor Gavin Newsom said he plans to use a controversial U.S. Supreme Court ruling on strict abortion curbs in Texas to design a law that would allow private citizens to sue some gun manufacturers, distributors and sellers.
fair's fair, hope it pans out.

gvlwflagt4581.jpg

well well well

Great bit of thinking there.

Great bit of thinking there.

on the other hand ...

A key piece of the DeSantis proposal would give parents the power to sue local school districts that teach lessons rooted in critical race theory. This part, which also allows parents to collect attorney fees, is similar to the bounties permitted under Texas’ controversial abortion law. Under that law, ordinary citizens can sue those who provide abortions and collect attorney fees.

• Angry
Reactions: Ax^
They're very concerned about muppets, cartoons and potato heads

The announcement by Disney in late February that it had added warnings to some episodes of "The Muppet Show" that contained "negative depictions" and "mistreatment of people or cultures" brought outrage from conservatives. "KERMIT NEXT?" tweeted Fox News' Sean Hannity. Added Trump Jr.: "Apparently The Muppets have now been canceled. There's nothing these psychos won't destroy. Liberalism is a disease."

Analysis: Why Republicans think Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potato Head can save them
Kermit was behind the CIA overthrow of the popular democratic Iranian government in 1956 because it threatened US and British interests.

Kermit "Kim" Roosevelt

welcome to America

That's really interesting - and how easy and quick it was for the guy to turn around and start apologizing when his target was just pleasant to him.

trump loses again

Texas election officials on Friday released preliminary findings of an election “forensic audit” ordered earlier this year by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott —at the request of Donald Trump— in three large counties won by President Joe Biden. To the surprise of no one, it only confirmed Trump’s defeat in those counties.

Trump will not be giving his January 6th speech from Mar-a-lago.

ok - "postponed" his ramblings.

What a shame. Was expecting some kind of "Independence Day" rousing speech to be vomited out.

Maybe this accounts for it.

Fox News host Sean Hannity was concerned about former President Donald Trump's strategy and conduct before, during and after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, according to a letter sent to him on Tuesday by the House select committee probing the insurrection.

The committee asked Hannity for his voluntary cooperation with its investigation, noting it had received "dozens" of his text messages sent to and from former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows that indicate that he had "advance knowledge regarding President Trump's and his legal team's planning for January 6th." In the letter, the panel said it wants to speak with Hannity specifically about his communications with Trump, White House staff and his legal team between December 31, 2020, and January 20, 2021, when President Joe Biden was inaugurated.
looks like it,,

so....

Mr Trump’s change of plans comes after the special congressional committee investigating the insurrection released a series of texts from Fox News host Sean Hannity, who texted then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows his concerns over the violence at the Capitol and raised doubts on Mr Trump’s election fraud claims.

In one text message sent on 5 January 2021, Mr Hannity wrote that he was “very worried” about the next 48 hours. In another, sent a few days earlier, he wrote: “I do NOT see January 6 happening the way he is being told.”

In years to come, when the Trump Legacy Party is in its umpteenth administration, the 6th of January insurgents will be portrayed as heroic and hugely clever patriots. Big budget blockbusters will bear testament to their greatness in saving 'murica from the godless woke communists.

yyyyup

“Sorry, I have blonde hair, white skin, a great job, a great future, and I’m not going to jail,” she wrote.

Ryan’s braggadocio apparently backfired. She was later sentenced to 60 days in prison by a judge who noted that she had become one of the faces of Jan. 6.

Ryan, 51, reported to prison Dec. 21. In an interview with NBC News five days earlier, she expressed regret for entering the Capitol but still portrayed herself as a victim. She went so far as to assert that the backlash she has received is akin to the experience of “the Jews in Germany.”

“They’re making fun of my skin color. They’re calling me an ‘insurrection Barbie,’” she said.

Oh God, just realised that when the GOP get in in the next election, as they surely will, when it comes to the next elections after that you can be sure they will be going 'Wellll, we'll obviously have to take "special precautions" [translation: 'cheating'] to ensure the Democrats don't cheat again like in 2020', despite the fact that the Democrats would have lost the previous election, which would somewhat undercut that idea that they cheat at elections.

If Trump stands again, he'll probably be fucking stupid enough to more or less overtly promise he'll make it impossible to get him out of the White House and his fans will be fucking stupid enough to believe this is a great idea.

Oh God, just realised that when the GOP get in in the next election, as they surely will, when it comes to the next elections after that you can be sure they will be going 'Wellll, we'll obviously have to take "special precautions" [translation: 'cheating'] to ensure the Democrats don't cheat again like in 2020', despite the fact that the Democrats would have lost the previous election, which would somewhat undercut that idea that they cheat at elections.

If Trump stands again, he'll probably be fucking stupid enough to more or less overtly promise he'll make it impossible to get him out of the White House and his fans will be fucking stupid enough to believe this is a great idea.
But in doing that, they could well jump the shark. I think that a majority of the US population, not to say some elements of the fist of State, would find it a lot more difficult to tacitly stay back. I got the impression that National Guard involvement was on something of a knife edge as it was. And I'm pretty sure they would push back hard against more of the same.

I'm not convinced. Too many GOP seemed totally happy to go along with breaking democracy to keep them in, even if they disliked Trump. Party voices speaking clearly against it seemed few and far between given the outragousness of what was attempted. The Dems might do well, when inevitably accused again of being radical leftie extremists, to remind people of how Trump and Co showed their extremist colours pretty well.

Biden: "For the first time in our history, a president had not just lost an election. He tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power as a violent mob reached the Capitol," Biden said in a speech from the US Capitol. "But they failed. They failed. And on this day of remembrance, we must make sure that such an attack never, never happens again."

In a direct shot at Trump, Biden added, "His bruised ego matters more to him than our democracy or our Constitution. He can't accept he lost."

"One year ago today in this sacred place, democracy was attacked -- simply attacked. The will of the people was under assault, the Constitution -- our Constitution -- faced the gravest of threats. Outnumbered in the face of a brutal attack, the Capitol police, the DC Metropolitan Police Department, the National Guard and other brave law enforcement officials saved the rule of law. Our democracy held. We the people endured. We the people prevailed.

I suppose Godwin's Law is no longer applicable wrt to Trump & his supporters since they seem to follow the Nazi playbook so much aka Trump and others promoting the shooting of Ashli Babbitt as a martyr from the 2021 Capitol attack, much like the Nazi's did with the death of Horst Wessel.

At least Horst Wessel gave us a song with a catchy tune . I can't imagine that there is a memorable ditty about Ashli Babbitt.

Back
Top Bottom