Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

That's a frequently trotted out argument but it's wrong. Just because something is licensable doesn't mean it's not a right. For example many US states (although a declining number) require firearms licences, despite gun ownership being a right.
I get it, we'll take your car from your cold dead hands.

The changes we need in our cities aren’t even that complicated:

That sort of thing is being done all over the U.K. (I remember it being done in Epsom, in Grimsby and Cleethorpes, in Edinburgh, and other places) I spent time in when I lived there.

Reactions: Cid
That sort of thing is being done all over the U.K. (I remember it being done in Epsom, in Grimsby and Cleethorpes, in Edinburgh, and other places) I spent time in when I lived there.
It’s being done in odd places as a token gesture by various councils. We need more...

Car drivers always pretend they have the interests of the farmer at heart, but all they care about is being able to drive fast on the roads those farmers need, endangering their animals. They know nothing of agricultural vehicles.

It's what you expect from Tories I suppose.

It's as stupid to pretend that speeding roadies on country lanes pose no threat or cause no damage as it is stupid to pretend that a lot of car drivers aren't aggressive arseholes behind the wheel on those same roads. A pox on all their houses.

Holy crap. There must be some interesting "previously" to this
Yes. There must be a reason the bloke's parked on the farm lane. It looks like he's blocked it on purpose and the farmer has fucked him off, but that hasn't come out of nowhere. I wouldn't be surprised if they're related :D

I reckon they are both car owners which would explain the kind of behaviour we see.

I've never seen a non car owner knock someone over with a farm vehicle.

Yes. There must be a reason the bloke's parked on the farm lane. It looks like he's blocked it on purpose and the farmer has fucked him off, but that hasn't come out of nowhere. I wouldn't be surprised if they're related :D

It’s pretty common in the countryside - tourists from the cities think of farm access gates as convenient parking spaces.

Be interested to know how much that ended up costing the farmer.

The insurers of the car will be going for the jugular and I expect he'll get his collar felt too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom