Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

When I lived in Surrey I still had a car. Sometimes I was required to work at very odd hours. It was a part of the job that I had full mobility and could go places on demand. This included call outs in the night, very early morning starts or finishes. I could be in Petersfield in the morning, Guildford at lunch and finish off in Slough. It was not unusual to do so. There were many others doing the same job. A car made it possible.

When I lived in Surrey I still had a car. Sometimes I was required to work at very odd hours. It was a part of the job that I had full mobility and could go places on demand. This included call outs in the night, very early morning starts or finishes. I could be in Petersfield in the morning, Guildford at lunch and finish off in Slough. It was not unusual to do so. There were many others doing the same job. A car made it possible.

Don't think anyone's suggested no cars for business use or to provide essential services where it is most efficient to use cars to do so. They're just saying you can't use it to drive to Hooters on your day off.

Don't think anyone's suggested no cars for business use or to provide essential services where it is most efficient to use cars to do so. They're just saying you can't use it to drive to Hooters on your day off.
If he uses public transport, how is he supposed to knock on out on his way home from Hooters?

It wouldn’t be possible. I can’t drive across the Atlantic. And the one in Nottingham is crap. Full of pisshead “lads.”

Even now?
[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what you mean. The plague will pass, the tube endures. (Indeed it not only endures, it expands, there is more of it now than when I lived in Woolwich).

Even now?

Not quite sure what you mean. The plague will pass, the tube endures. (Indeed it not only endures, it expands, there is more of it now than when I lived in Woolwich).
[/QUOTE]
I'd be surprised if many people, if given the choice, will use public transport again

I'd be surprised if many people, if given the choice, will use public transport again
[/QUOTE]

I'd been thinking of that. I was planning some long bus trips post lock down, because you see much more from the bus than when you are driving, but on second thoughts I'll postpone it a while.

If I catch this thing, I'd be very lucky to survive.

One day when you're old enough you'll realise that what big companies say isn't always what they do. :)
You're not claiming its what 'big companies do' though are you. You're claiming it's a rule applied by individual drivers against stated company policy. And you've said you pick your paint up by car. So what do you fucking know?

And as you are fully aware, paint is not permitted on TfL buses, you’re just desperately searching around other parts of the country to back up your non-argument.
That is the rest of the country - I don't care what TFL does. Sorry you live in the desolate home counties with medieval levels of public transport. :(

That is the rest of the country - I don't care what TFL does. Sorry you live in the desolate home counties with medieval levels of public transport. :(
Actually a large number of London buses are run by the same companies under the same terms of carriage as tendered by London buses.

You're not claiming its what 'big companies do' though are you. You're claiming it's a rule applied by individual drivers against stated company policy. And you've said you pick your paint up by car. So what do you fucking know?
From experience of people I know and trust.

Also I live just outside the town center on a bus route and several times a week you will see people walking past with tins of paint.

From experience of people I know and trust.

Also I live just outside the town center on a bus route and several times a week you will see people walking past with tins of paint.
Maybe it's the same fella on his way to work and he just has an interesting sandwich bag. You daft fucking cunt.

Several hundred people a year pass WouldBe 's House carrying tins of paint despite the clear and easily searchable policy of the bus company because despotic drivers have taken the law into their own hands. Do they not have the fucking internet in Chesterfield or something?

I remember my first car, I could fit all my worldly possessions into it in one go.

And if I borrowed my Dad's trailer I could tow my motorbike at the same time.

Simpler times, and perhaps better.

These days I can fill a Luton, but it is mostly useless guff.

I'd love not to have to drive a car, but, where I am, there would have to be an almost inconceivable improvement to public transport before giving up my car wouldn't have a massive negative impact upon the quality of my life. And I can't see that happening soon.

49871113222_ae9298e408_o.jpg

We've had these set up at both ends of our road today and traffic has been coming through at a snails pace.

It seems to be about a thousand times more effective than speed bumps and fines

Slow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom