Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

This looks tempting. Ford Mustang Mach E.
View attachment 271440

Quite quick too.

View attachment 271442

What's not to love?
Funnily enough, just now I went to read an article about low traffic neighbourhoods in the guardian, linked from another thread, and an advert for one of those things popped up.
Worth posting it here because it shows the kind of narcissistic idiots it's aimed at - they can't even be bothered to use a car park and walk down to the sea front, they are going to drive as far as possible, probably blocking access for lifeboats, and the guy is so obsessed with his toy car he is standing holding onto it instead of his girlfriend.

Screenshot_20210602-083756.png

Funnily enough, just now I went to read an article about low traffic neighbourhoods in the guardian, linked from another thread, and an advert for one of those things popped up.
Worth posting it here because it shows the kind of narcissistic idiots it's aimed at - they can't even be bothered to use a car park and walk down to the sea front, they are going to drive as far as possible, probably blocking access for lifeboats, and the guy is so obsessed with his toy car he is standing holding onto it instead of his girlfriend.

View attachment 271449

They need to have a look at the tides thread.

View attachment 271449
Yes. It's a great car, isn't it? Apparently it's the number 11 best selling new car in Norway. Prices from only $42k, so very affordable performance.

View attachment 271449
I would imagine car adverts are aimed at an audience that might buy cars, clearly that isn't you of course but that's actually re-assuring since it proves that the algorithms aren't perfect. I would be far more concerned by algorithms capable of selectively picking out the odd anti-car nut from the crowd that I would be by some guy not using the car park and parking too near the beach.

Oh, OK. That leaves just three exceptions to your initial inaccurate claim, then: motorways, some non-motorway special roads, and some roads subject to TROs.
Exceptions are exceptions for reasons.

The places where pedestrians are not allowed are blanket 'no pedestrian' areas. Walking on the hard shoulder is as illegal as crossing it. So nothing to do with so called "jaywalking".

And NI is culturally (and geographically) closer to the US than the rest of the UK; American English has had a far bigger impact on Irish English than it has on other UK dialects. In addition Eire has US style laws so it's disappointing but not surprising that they made it over the border.

Exceptions are exceptions for reasons.

The places where pedestrians are not allowed are blanket 'no pedestrian' areas. Walking on the hard shoulder is as illegal as crossing it. So nothing to do with so called "jaywalking".

And NI is culturally (and geographically) closer to the US than the rest of the UK; American English has had a far bigger impact on Irish English than it has on other UK dialects. In addition Eire has US style laws so it's disappointing but not surprising that they made it over the border.

Yes, I know what exceptions are, and why. But that doesn't change the fact that they demonstrate that your initial claim was wrong.

So you're saying all my maps are wrong and Ireland is to the East of the rest of the UK?
I'm saying that if you were in charge at the time, we'd have lost the war.

I'm half hoping you've got a killer point here because I'd love this to be true!

I'm saying that if you were in charge at the time, we'd have lost the war.

I'm half hoping you've got a killer point here because I'd love this to be true!

Tbf I read it as you did, but he is absolutely right - NI is closer to the US than the rest of the UK.

Stupid language.

Back
Top Bottom