Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

imagen_gal3696.jpg

Intriguing that France is banning domestic flights where the train is an alternative. I hear they are also years ahead of us with some imaginative vehicle policies in Paris. I'm very encouraged by this, because the French are passionate about their freedoms and are never slow to take radical action when the govt has a policy they object to. I think we'll see a flurry of radical vehicle emissions policies around the world. There's so much public support. The battle of wills has been won. We just have to go through a migration process, which will be painful and expensive for some. But they can't hinder it.

There are a few of these flying around town lately, which is not sustainable but better than motorised vehicles?
1618428981543.png
a much better example of a bike delivery
1618429018090.png
Not many of these around?
1618429100312.png
Then of course there is
1618429150712.png
There are also rickshaws which have a bit if a reputation.

Who also cares a bit about the environment. For many years we did not have a car and we still have bikes. I still care enough about it to think about the whys and wherefores.

All the flowers are imported - by plane
many flowers are resource hungry, requiring lots of water in countries that are struggling to provide clean water
for its inhabitants
all that cardboard for a couple of flowers which are going to curl up and die in a day or two
Ah. I spent ages looking at the pic trying to work out what was wrong with the bike :facepalm:

Just did a burn up to Lutterworth and back.

That crush-and-rocket when you feel like your right foot is in direct connection with time-warp and vegans.

If you ain't got a V8 you're lower class of person

PedalMeApp (the bicycle alternative to delivery vans) is raising funds. 300% oversubscribed within a couple of days. Hopefully we'll soon see them with a big supermarket delivery contract. Pedal Me I put in £100.
I’m all for schemes like this. If an item is not too heavy/ bulky and the delivery address not too remote, as many items as possible should be delivered by bike.

Companies like Amazon should be forced or at least shamed into splitting their deliveries into ‘bikeable’ and non-bikeable items. Whenever I see a bloke arriving on my street in a longwheel base diesel van to deliver just a book-sized packet, I want to cry.

I’m all for schemes like this. If an item is not too heavy/ bulky and the delivery address not too remote, as many items as possible should be delivered by bike.

Companies like Amazon should be forced or at least shamed into splitting their deliveries into ‘bikeable’ and non-bikeable items. Whenever I see a bloke arriving on my street in a longwheel base diesel van to deliver just a book-sized packet, I want to cry.
Stop opposing schemes that are designed to make this kind of thing more feasible then.

They will only be forced to change if it's easier to use pedal vehicles and more difficult to use large vehicles. Have you heard of the LTN concept?

Stop opposing schemes that are designed to make this kind of thing more feasible then.

They will only be forced to change if it's easier to use pedal vehicles and more difficult to use large vehicles. Have you heard of the LTN concept?
That was never the primary aim of LTN zones, and you know that full well. You must surely also know that most if not all LTN zones don’t actually restrict any motor vehicles from accessing them- they simply prevent them from using the zone in question as a through route. So the LTNs will have a very insignificant effect in persuading the likes of Amazon to switch to bikes. You’re either rather misinformed or being disingenuous.

You can get many things, big and small delivered by bicycle these days, but I doubt that could deliver your new car purchase delivered that way.
images.jpg

That was never the primary aim of LTN zones, and you know that full well. You must surely also know that most if not all LTN zones don’t actually restrict any motor vehicles from accessing them- they simply prevent them from using the zone in question as a through route. So the LTNs will have a very insignificant effect in persuading the likes of Amazon to switch to bikes. You’re either rather misinformed or being disingenuous.
You're forever banging on about things that make life less easy for motorists being no solution to anything, blah blah:

There is either an unacceptable catalogue of ineptitudes from TFL or a deliberate, concerted fucking effort to make motor traffic as hellish as possible in London at the moment, because that is exaclty what it has been since the end of the lockdown. Excessive number of roadworks with temporary traffic lights in the same area or neighbourhood, coupled with the closure of Vauxhall Bridge until fucking November, have made crossing the river into South London a daily cunting nightmare.

Add for good meausre the ever increasing NIMBY low traffic neighbourhood zones, removal of lanes from multi-lane roads so pedestrians can use the extra space (pretty much no-one does on Edgware Road), and newly implemented permananent exclusion of cars from bus lanes that for decades had been happily part time restricted only, and we have a perfect storm of permanent gridlock, massively increased pollution, and millions of extra man hours wasted sitting in traffic every week. So thank you very much TFL and and thank you very much Sadik Khan, you fucking plonkers from hell.

Now you're saying that the "NIMBY low traffic neighbourhood zones" aren't going to make it more difficult for delivery companies to make profligate use of motor vehicles, the ones that bring you to tears when they show up with your latest Top Gear VHS video you bought off ebay.

No but it was necessary, if there had been eggs I might have tried moving the nest so it was over the grass though I believe that birds don't like that. But parking on the road or accepting my car covered in birdshit for several weeks isn't worth a few more pigeons in the world.
Sometimes harsh choices have to be made.
Get rid of your car. Maybe a harsh choice, but it's the correct one.

Back
Top Bottom