Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Surely dropping boulders on all speeding cars would reduce speeding far more effectively than bans and fines, with a consequent reduction in the number of innocent victims.
The consequences would affect drivers who were obeying the law (however unlikely this sounds). If you want to take speeding drivers to a deserted gully or something and drop boulders on their heads I'm all for it.

The consequences would affect drivers who were obeying the law (however unlikely this sounds). If you want to take speeding drivers to a deserted gully or something and drop boulders on their heads I'm all for it.

So you don't want law-abiding drivers to be affected, but you do want passengers and pedestrians to be injured in rising bollard crashes. Great logic!

So you don't want law-abiding drivers to be affected, but you do want passengers and pedestrians to be injured in rising bollard crashes. Great logic!
I disagree that the bollards endanger pedestrians.

I've also had this happen to colleagues several times in the past and while it has always been a horrendously expensive error I never encountered an injury. I suppose it's possible but I doubt the severity.

Have you done an analysis of how many pedestrians have been protected by these rising bollards compared to those injured as a result of them?

I disagree that the bollards endanger pedestrians.

I've also had this happen to colleagues several times in the past and while it has always been a horrendously expensive error I never encountered an injury. I suppose it's possible but I doubt the severity.

OK so you didn't watch the video of the car bouncing towards the pushchair and you didn't read the article about the six bus passengers taken to hospital. I guess you're just basing your arguments on whatever is floating around in your head.

OK so you didn't watch the video of the car bouncing towards the pushchair and you didn't read the article about the six bus passengers taken to hospital. I guess you're just basing your arguments on whatever is floating around in your head.
It looked closer than it was because of the angle and the buggy pusher was far too far out in the road in the first place.

And a broken elbow twelve years ago? I'm fairly confident automatic bollards have mitigated more risk than that in twelve years.

Also when Googling 'six passengers taken to hospital' the main article that keeps coming up is about a bus driver driving into a wall. Should we ban walls now because thick drivers can't help but drive into them?

Also when Googling 'six passengers taken to hospital' the main article that keeps coming up is about a bus driver driving into a wall. Should we ban walls now because thick drivers can't help but drive into them?

So you didn't' read the thread:

Here's another article about the same event:

But I guess stupidly-standing pushchair users and bus passengers are just collateral damage in your quest to enjoy drivers getting their comeuppance.

Nope:

Yes I did. It's an article about some minor injuries and a broken elbow twelve years ago. That's what I said.

Nothing you post here appears to be posted in good faith so who can even tell.

Right, let's not actually discuss the safety of rising bollards vs other methods, but just talk about blame and posting intentions instead. Pretty sure your posts aren't aimed at improving road safety or mitigating the negative externalties of private car use are they?

Right, let's not actually discuss the safety of rising bollards vs other methods, but just talk about blame and posting intentions instead. Pretty sure your posts aren't aimed at improving road safety or mitigating the negative externalties of private car use are they?
Thanks for the example of what I said.

And no, I for one am not trying to improve road safety by posting here. Nor do I cook breakfast by posting in the food threads, stop the war in Ukraine by posting in the war threads, or record music by posting in the music threads.

To be fair though, and I think this has been noted before, this is an explicitly anti-car propaganda thread and your postings here support that cause really effectively whether you mean them to or not (I'm guessing not, but there you go)

Thanks for the example of what I said.

And no, I for one am not trying to improve road safety by posting here. Nor do I cook breakfast by posting in the food threads, stop the war in Ukraine by posting in the war threads, or record music by posting in the music threads.

Thanks for confirming your intentions, not sure why you were wittering on about bollards and shitty driving but whatever.

To be fair though, and I think this has been noted before, this is an explicitly anti-car propaganda thread and your postings here support that cause really effectively whether you mean them to or not (I'm guessing not, but there you go)

I am well aware of what this thread purports to be, but sadly it has failed miserably despite my best efforts. If propaganda is to be successful, it needs to target some group other than its own vapid cheerleaders.

Thanks for confirming your intentions, not sure why you were wittering on about bollards and shitty driving but whatever.
Thanks for confirming you don't bother to read your own posts. I can't say I blame you.
I am well aware of what this thread purports to be, but sadly it has failed miserably despite my best efforts. If propaganda is to be successful, it needs to target some group other than its own vapid cheerleaders.
Any success of a thread like this would be in increasing negative feelings towards cars. Your contributions in that aim are much appreciated I'm sure.

If you want to actually discuss it you’ll also want to discuss how they’ve improved safety in the areas they’ve stopped traffic from going - but you’re not, because as mentioned, you’re never posting in good faith.

If you want to actually discuss it you’ll also want to discuss how they’ve improved safety in the areas they’ve stopped traffic from going - but you’re not, because as mentioned, you’re never posting in good faith.

I asked whether they were the best method to achieve that objective. But unsurprisingly the usual suspect threw their toys out of their prams and fought a strawman of me defending the drivers who collide with them, which I didn't do at all.

Do you think they are the best method to achieve their objective?

I asked whether they were the best method to achieve that objective. But unsurprisingly the usual suspect threw their toys out of their prams and fought a strawman of me defending the drivers who collide with them, which I didn't do at all.

Do you think they are the best method to achieve their objective?
No you didn’t - you just said they were dangerous.

Banning cars is probably the best method tbh - we’ll get there one day!

platinumsage will prob say something about Hampstead being full of the tofu eating wokeirati but personally I think this is great!

On this very thread I've previously advocated more pedestrianized streets in London, and noted the current lack of them compared to other cities. However I'm sure it's more fun to argue against some weird image of me you have in your head, rather than actually read my posts.

Image5.jpg

On this very thread I've previously advocated more pedestrianized streets in London, and noted the current lack of them compared to other cities. However I'm sure it's more fun to argue against some weird image of me you have in your head, rather than actually read my posts.

View attachment 348526
Not sure it was worth cracking out MS Paint for that especially as it makes no sense - haven’t seen you arguing for an of these on here and if you were I wouldn’t be attacking them.

Back
Top Bottom