Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

If you're aware that the signal might be misinterpreted how about waiting to change lane rather than changing lane without signalling? It seems like an awfully contrived excuse and I suspect if you did it the other vehicles would still not know whether you were going to take the slip road or not.

If you're aware that the signal might be misinterpreted how about waiting to change lane rather than changing lane without signalling? It seems like an awfully contrived excuse and I suspect if you did it the other vehicles would still not know whether you were going to take the slip road or not.

Who is the signal benefiting? Why would an ambiguous signal be better than no signal?

No signal is also ambiguous. The highway code says you should signal your intentions to other drivers not that you should decide whether they need to know or not.

The Highway Code literally says stuff like "give clear signals in plenty of time, having checked it is not misleading to signal at that time" and "make sure your signals will not confuse others"

The Highway Code literally says stuff like "give clear signals in plenty of time, having checked it is not misleading to signal at that time" and "make sure your signals will not confuse others"
Love how you’ve put so much thought in to being a shit driver - had presumed most did it by accident so fair play 👏

It also says you should wait till it's safe before returning to the inside lane. Not signalling doesn't remove any ambiguity.

You obviously don't know enough people from Oxford.

Why do you think "they appear to be blocking access to cyclists, hence one riding on the pavement."?

You obviously don't know enough people from Oxford.

Why do you think "they appear to be blocking access to cyclists, hence one riding on the pavement."?
What do you think of the twatishness of drivers that residents have to stand in the road to get them to obey simple traffic rules?

What do you think of the twatishness of drivers that residents have to stand in the road to get them to obey simple traffic rules?

I don't know anything about it, tell me more.

I simply commented on what I can see in the Twitter video, which is a bunch of people blocking the road and causing a cyclist to go on the pavement. There's a stationary white BMW but I don't know who that belongs to or why it's parked there. There's apparently space for a removable bollard between two planting containers and some non-compliant 'no motor vehicles' signs.

I'd suggest if the problem is motor vehicles driving through a closure point, that the residents lobby the highways authority to actually implement the closure point properly. We have such closures in Cambridge and there have never been any problems because drivers can't negotiate the steel and concrete and so don't bother trying.

I don't know anything about it, tell me more.

I simply commented on what I can see in the Twitter video, which is a bunch of people blocking the road and causing a cyclist to go on the pavement. There's a stationary white BMW but I don't know who that belongs to or why it's parked there. There's apparently space for a removable bollard between two planting containers and some non-compliant 'no motor vehicles' signs.

I'd suggest if the problem is motor vehicles driving through a closure point, that the residents lobby the highways authority to actually implement the closure point properly. We have such closures in Cambridge and there have never been any problems because drivers can't negotiate the steel and concrete and so don't bother trying.
Twatty drivers are twats and can’t obey simple traffic rules so people have to block roads to get them to do so while the council looks to install expensive infrastructure because so many twatty drivers are twats.

The cyclist didn’t seem to mind much and was probably thankful that they were stopping twatty drivers driving through the road closure.

Who are you voting for this month?

Last edited:
Twatty drivers are twats and can’t obey simple traffic rules so people have to. Lock roads to get them to do so while the council looks to install expensive infrastructure because so many twatty drivers are twats.

The cyclist didn’t seem to mix much and was probably thankful that they were stopping twatty drivers driving through the road closure.

You are you voting for this month?

None of what you said makes any sense.

you missed a trick - shouldn't you have led with something about bloody cyclists always riding on the pavement?

you missed a trick - shouldn't you have led with something about bloody cyclists always riding on the pavement?

I'm sure most cyclists don't ride on pavements except in rare cases such as this where some people have made the carriageway impassable.

Even the XR gluers made explicit room for bikes when they blocked roads around here.

Back
Top Bottom