Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Ah. You think I mean every dangerous driver ends up in court, which would indeed be an untrue statement. Many of them sadly get away with it. But it is a fact its routine, it regularly happens, that people charged with dangerous driving end up in court. Or frequently they're dealt with by the police in other ways as I outlined. But it's a rare day indeed when a cyclist appears before the beak. E2a or for that matter interacts in any way with the criminal justice sector
No, I don't think you mean every driver. You said routinely, which suggests that if you drive dangerously, you can probably expect to end up in court. As a matter of routine.

We know what percentage of drivers routinely break the speed limit. It was posted up thread. We know how many drivers there are in the UK. You can I'm sure find some figures for number of driving offences that end up in court each year. We can look at the numbers and consider what proportion of routinely speeding drivers end up in court. Feel free to provide these numbers if they support your case.

Then we can consider what they were in court for, and what the potential consequences of their behaviour was. And then we can compare it with the potential consequences of the various cycling offences you mention are.

And we can look at the numbers, and see if it's true, that for behaviour that's similarly dangerous, those who engage in it on a bicycle are "indulged" while those who do it while driving are grotesquely over persecuted in comparison.

No, I don't think you mean every driver. You said routinely, which suggests that if you drive dangerously, you can probably expect to end up in court. As a matter of routine.

We know what percentage of drivers routinely break the speed limit. It was posted up thread. We know how many drivers there are in the UK. You can I'm sure find some figures for number of driving offences that end up in court each year. We can look at the numbers and consider what proportion of routinely speeding drivers end up in court. Feel free to provide these numbers if they support your case.

Then we can consider what they were in court for, and what the potential consequences of their behaviour was. And then we can compare it with the potential consequences of the various cycling offences you mention are.

And we can look at the numbers, and see if it's true, that for behaviour that's similarly dangerous, those who engage in it on a bicycle are "indulged" while those who do it while driving are grotesquely over persecuted in comparison.
So now you think that breaking the speed limit merits a charge of dangerous driving.

But it is a fact its routine, it regularly happens, that people charged with dangerous driving end up in court. Or frequently they're dealt with by the police in other ways as I outlined. But it's a rare day indeed when a cyclist appears before the beak. E2a or for that matter interacts in any way with the criminal justice sector
It doesn't even seem to be the case that drivers who kill or seriously injure people actually get convicted of dangerous driving - as this thread I posted earlier demonstrates.

So now you think that breaking the speed limit merits a charge of dangerous driving.
I don't think it would be outlandish to suggest that speeding in a car that weighs several tonnes results in a level of danger that's comparable (or greater than) to that which results from, say, a bicycle being ridden on the pavement.

Do you disagree?

Still, people get annoyed by the odd cyclist on a pavement, so it’s all pretty much the same, yeah? :(

Imagine if every single car on the road could be nicked with impunity.

Back
Top Bottom