Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Agreed. The twats that do this are likely the cyclists we always hear bleating "well I'm a driver too". Dickheads. You'll find the same pricks cycling on pavements too.

"Yes, car drivers do that shit thing all the time. From which we can conclude that all cyclists are arseholes."

I bet the bike has a carbon frame.

Sport_2.jpg

'Road bikes' were called 'racing bikes' when I was a kid. Made a lot more sense as any bike can go on roads if it wants to, but you wouldn't do a road race on a mountain bike or a BMX or a cargo bike or whatever.

'Road bikes' were called 'racing bikes' when I was a kid. Made a lot more sense as any bike can go on roads if it wants to, but you wouldn't do a road race on a mountain bike or a BMX or a cargo bike or whatever.

No, they're three different things. Racing bikes have much narrow tyres than road bikes.

There appears to be a recurring theme here. Bike wankers also buy wankers' cars, when they grow up.

27416780eo.jpg

Technically not bike wankers as they are transporting their mb’s - so likely going to do a trail somewhere.

I assumed bike wankers were bikers who rode on the roads disrupting the flow of traffic.

Technically not bike wankers as they are transporting their mb’s - so likely going to do a trail somewhere.

I assumed bike wankers were bikers who rode on the roads disrupting the flow of traffic.
Have you never been run over by one whilst on a walking trail?

Here's an article about how car dependency increases pandemic spread.

Here's an article about how car dependency increases pandemic spread.

It really isn't, you know. Its a reply to an article by one jeffery e. harris of mit,

trying (and, from my very quick read-through also succeeding) to cast doubts on jeffy-boys reasoning.

Last edited:
Sometimes my cheapo version of a fit bit says I've walked over a hundred steps in my sleep. As far as I'm aware I'm not a somnambulist so its clearly recording out of body experiences.
My youngest slept with me the other night and because he's become quite nocturnal he was awake long after I passed out. He reported that I wiggle all over the bed in my sleep and that I seemed to be trying to kick him in the head :eek: :D so mystery solved.

Here's a hilariously idiotic response from the "Association of British Drivers"

The Mayor and TfL have actually cut their bus income by introducing road schemes that slowed traffic including buses, thus cutting bus ridership. You cannot solve these problems by simply encouraging cycling. The average distance travelled by a London commuter is 13 miles per day with many travelling much longer distances. That makes it impractical for many people to cycle even if they had an inclination to do so. The danger of cycling puts many people off using it for long journeys. Department for Transport (DfT) figures show that there are 1,139 serious injuries and 29 deaths for every million miles cycled, while for car drivers the figures are only 27 and 2 respectively.

The Mayor and central Government should face up to realities and work on the following:

1. Free up the road network to enable more commuting via cars/taxis and improve bus services. Stop reducing road space.
  2. Provide more parking facilities at low cost.
  3. Encourage more tele-commuting by investing in broadband services and support.
  4. Encourage businesses to relocate out of congested central London into the London suburbs and elsewhere.
  5. Retail facilities and hotels/restaurants should be relocated similarly.
  6. We should move away from the concentration of businesses and facilities in central London to have a wider distribution so we are not reliant on public transport so much.
  7. Bus and underground services should pay for themselves. Handouts for political reasons (such as the Freedom Pass) should be severely restricted to those who really do need travel support, i.e. those who cannot afford to pay.
  8. The ULEZ and Congestion Charge should be scrapped as they don’t really provide a sensible return on the investment and operating costs. They are simply a financial burden on Londoners with very little benefit.

It's amazing that they are stupid enough to post the number of cycling injuries, caused by motor vehicles, as a reason to increase motor traffic and reduce cycling.

The average distance travelled by a London commuter is 13 miles per day with many travelling much longer distances. That makes it impractical for many people to cycle even if they had an inclination to do so.
13 miles is doable for someone who is relatively fit.

Anyway, the council here have confirmed they will temporarily close part of Deansgate in town from this Sunday - only a quarter of a mile stretch so not much, but better than nowt. Hope it becomes permanent and they extend it more broadly across the centre.

I think that when they talk about the 13 mile average they probably mean for people who commute into london from outside.

I bet the members of the ABD drive into London once a year with their wives to see a show and do Christmas shopping and spend the rest of the year ranting that they couldn't park outside the theatre.

Back
Top Bottom