Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

That's because you probably only know utility drivers (people who drive to get from a to b and simply use their cars as tools). There's a whole other group of people who drive for the love of cars and driving as well as all the other stuff.

No, when I had my wholesale business I knew a lot of business suppliers/acquaintances who were into cars. I’ve been in a few of them the most memorable being an Aston Martin convertible (can’t remember the model).

Another guy who was a customer of mine at the time had some American import Shelby - he eventually blew the engine by constantly upping the bhp.

But yeah, I understand enjoying cars, maybe I’ve misunderstood your definition of chilling in one, I’ve never heard of that before.

Well that's because an average is errr, an average. If you don't drive along Embankment at 8-9am, the North Circluar ever, and a few other roads in rush hours, that all goes out of the window. Sure you're going to get caught every now and then but it's usually avoidable in the main. Obviously we also use our cars outside London. We are not forced to stay within the M25!

Yep, as long as you don't have to commute in your car, commuting in your car is a doddle.

I don't particularly mind sitting in traffic, listen to some music or a podcast. But if you drive in the UK during anything like normal working hours, in a city, there is definitely a lot of sitting in traffic. I'm now weirdly sceptical of your driving experience.

Yep, as long as you don't have to commute in your car, commuting in your car is a doddle.

I don't particularly mind sitting in traffic, listen to some music or a podcast. But if you drive in the UK during anything like normal working hours, in a city, there is definitely a lot of sitting in traffic. I'm now weirdly sceptical of your driving experience.
:confused: It's quite simple really. I don't drive to work in rush hours.

:confused: It's quite simple really. I don't drive to work in rush hours.

You're a weird one you know. You start moaning cos I said I don't see how anybody who has to drive wouldn't want to reduce car reliance, made some weird remarks about how I should move (?) and here we are with you going it's ok I don't rely on my car so don't have to drive at peak times. Knob.

You're a weird one you know. You start moaning cos I said I don't see how anybody who has to drive wouldn't want to reduce car reliance, made some weird remarks about how I should move (?) and here we are with you going it's ok I don't rely on my car so don't have to drive at peak times. Knob.

You're the only one who's been moaning. I've just pointed out that not everyone's driving experiences are like yours and stroked my chin at your account a bit. Of course there are such things as traffic jams. They're just not the end of the world for everyone. Interesting sign off you've got there too, but better than Tidy I suppose.

Last edited:
That's below average on a sharp down, I get up to a decent speed and get cautious, plenty of average road cyclists will hit 70 odd coming down. Its a hill, it does the work for you, that's how hills work
You're Lance Armstrong and I claim my £5
Or... You're Walter Mitty and I claim my £5
Hmmm, decisions decisions :D

That's below average on a sharp down, I get up to a decent speed and get cautious, plenty of average road cyclists will hit 70 odd coming down. Its a hill, it does the work for you, that's how hills work

Really? Average road cyclists hit 70 odd downhill?

I flew down a steep section of a trail once on my MB - probs wasn’t going that fast - maybe 30mph max? - but it was bumpy as hell, thought my teeth were going to fall out. All I was thinking was - fuck, if I fall off I’m going to be fucked.

70mph on a bike would probs feel like warp speed and if you fell off you’d probs die.

Isn't it... I wouldn't need the Hayabusa! 🤣

Had to google - but one of these?

2020-Suzuki-Hayabusa4.jpg

It's a shame Willy waving isn't a valid means of locomotion really.

I once nearly hit a bloke riding my chopper... Welll TBF he stuck his hand out and stopped me hitting him. :oops:
:facepalm:

Soz but seriously yeah, just reminded me. That's when I realised my sight was deteriating enough, I should give up bike riding circa 1990. Proper 70's chopper bicycle from a junk shop. I had a motorbike mirror on it, just cos it looked cool... :D

This looks nice :)

emove_gif.gif
These and electric versions are ubiquitous here. Also larger versions and a bit smaller like ours which just has a small bench seat at the back. Took a busted armchair up the tip on it yesterday, to give an idea of the size.
ETA Didn't notice this is an electric version! Had the link open in another tab. So above should say we have pedal versions too :D

You need to move. I have none of those problems.
Let's all move to Saul Goodman 's rural idyll. I expect you can probably buy a field for the price of a one bed london flat with some cash left over to buy a couple of cars each. Buy the fields on the other side of his house from wherever the main town is, so that we can all drive past each morning. Many of us will work from home but just go for a drive each morning for fun. I'll get one of those cars that makes a stupid noise when you change gear.
If a few thousand londoners can move there, that'll be several thousand people who don't have to go on buses again and we can all be enjoying the freedom of the open road every day.

I think you may be confusing kph and mph. Even 60mph is fucking ludicrous, particularly on a public road.

The top recorded speed in the Tour de France is 63.1mph, so...

I managed 40 once, I think. Couldn't really see.

The top recorded speed in the Tour de France is 63.1mph, so...

I managed 40 once, I think. Couldn't really see.

With a riding position like this:

Closed roads and... y'know. Actual mountains to go down.

Back
Top Bottom