Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

I bet the members of the ABD drive into London once a year with their wives to see a show and do Christmas shopping and spend the rest of the year ranting that they couldn't park outside the theatre.
reminds me of the happy winter a few years ago when it dumped snow in London. All public transport cancelled, so we decided to drive to our long-booked Cage Au Folles theatre trip. No cars on the road so it took about 20 minutes door to door and we parked almost directly outside the Playhouse. Loads of punters didn't make it so we got upgraded from the cheap seats to a table right next to the stage

It really isn't what? I know what it's a response to.
The article you linked to isn't about car dependency causing corona. It's about showing how faulty the first articles claim is. Neither article proves nothing.

It certainly looks like ~200mph to me. This guy fucks.
At that speed even hitting someone going in the same direction, at 70 mph, would be like ploughing into a stationary car at 130mph. Hope they get caught. But cars that can go that speed shouldn't even be allowed onto the public roads; they are just dangerous weapons.

At that speed even hitting someone going in the same direction, at 70 mph, would be like ploughing into a stationary car at 130mph. Hope they get caught. But cars that can go that speed shouldn't even be allowed onto the public roads; they are just dangerous weapons.

Yeah, I expect as more tech comes available perhaps cars like that could have a 'non track' mode which limits them to sensible performance.
Something about the video makes me wonder whether its a fake, though.

edit: as an aside, the standard version of that car is limited to 174mph which is still clearly insane. The limiter has been removed in this instance, assuming it is real.

Yeah, I expect as more tech comes available perhaps cars like that could have a 'non track' mode which limits them to sensible performance.

edit: as an aside, the standard version of that car is limited to 174mph which is still clearly insane. The limiter has been removed in this instance, assuming it is real.
I also wonder if it's real.

The technology to have speed limiters in cars has been around for some time - what's stopped it being installed is all down to the motoring lobby and the fact that many UK motorists have the same attitude to cars as the nuts in the US have towards their guns.

I also wonder if it's real.

The technology to have speed limiters in cars has been around for some time - what's stopped it being installed is all down to the motoring lobby and the fact that many UK motorists have the same attitude to cars as the nuts in the US have towards their guns.

With a little context, I think it is. This has been happening much more commonly recently with the roads being quiet.

That's an interesting parallel to the USA and guns. I think there is something in that.
What I meant by more tech is that you could set it to limit torque, always have stability control on, etc. in certain areas, so not just top speed or even just top speed and acceleration.

Basically the car could only be driven like a nutter on an authorised racetrack that had cleared the control protocols temporarily.

Possibly with an emergency override in case of exploding volcanoes etc.

i have ridden to work this week. nothing bad, drivers all courteous. even the 50mph around the back street boys gave me plenty of room. and i still like muscle cars. see- it can be done

I think it's real because a) I've been well north of 170mph and that's what it looks like and b) hacking the cluster on an RS6 to get it to read a different speed AND rpm would be very difficult.

I'd want to see a GPS speed read out or a calibrated speedometer. I bet he was only doing something like 185... Why would you do that?

And if you were going to do that why not have at least your phone running a GPS speed indicator...

Was that just off trafqlgar square ( northumberland ave )? If so I think we were in the area in time to see them sweeping the bits into dustpans

With a little context, I think it is. This has been happening much more commonly recently with the roads being quiet.

That's an interesting parallel to the USA and guns. I think there is something in that.
What I meant by more tech is that you could set it to limit torque, always have stability control on, etc. in certain areas, so not just top speed or even just top speed and acceleration.

Basically the car could only be driven like a nutter on an authorised racetrack that had cleared the control protocols temporarily.

Possibly with an emergency override in case of exploding volcanoes etc.

JDM 1st gen R35 GTRs had this very feature. They were limited to 180km/h unless the GPS detected they were at a track location.

Dominic Cummins is very much the standard bearer for the car mob. There's a system set up for collective benefit and he doesn't see why he should sacrifice any of his own immediate convenience when he can simply bypass it using resources that many simply don't have. Of course what is his tool for achieving this? His privately owned car. Even if he were to stick to all the rules, he could use his car to go hundreds of miles on day trips while others are limited by the distance they can walk from their door. Because the rules are most likely written by people who've never had to be totally reliant on public transport.

Dominic Cummins is very much the standard bearer for the car mob. There's a system set up for collective benefit and he doesn't see why he should sacrifice any of his own immediate convenience when he can simply bypass it using resources that many simply don't have. Of course what is his tool for achieving this? His privately owned car. Even if he were to stick to all the rules, he could use his car to go hundreds of miles on day trips while others are limited by the distance they can walk from their door. Because the rules are most likely written by people who've never had to be totally reliant on public transport.

:D

Back
Top Bottom