Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Mr Hooper claimed Mr Burns had punched him twice through the window of the farm vehicle he was driving, bursting his lip.
"I thought it is time to get out of there, and I said, 'If you don't move it, I will'," he told the court.
"My mind was racing."
Mr Hooper said he was concerned at what the two young men might do and "what they had in terms of weapons".
"I thought if the car was off the property, that would be them off the property, out of the way," he added.

Much as I might enjoy flipping over someone's car in such a dispute, I'm not sure I would conclude that this action would end the matter, or that it would reduce the chances of them attacking me with weapons.

The internet is brimming with outraged cyclists complaining about "dangerous" obstructions on pavements intended to mitigate their selfish cycling

e.g.

Capture.JPG

Have you tried telling a blind person they ought to be able to see pavement obstructions and move around them?
sigh

I’ve had blind family members, worked with both the RNIB and Guide Dogs, and volunteered with an organisation that supports both visually impaired and other physically disabled cyclists. But sure, go ahead and try to argue that infrastructure designed to stop cars from driving on the pavement is a bad thing.

Is hard to conceive of any legitimate reason for any car mount the pavement there!

Sure, so why not place a proper bollard there, rather than some sneaky floor-level thing that is clearly just as much a danger to pedestrians as it is to cars?

Next up: instead of kerb stones why not have sneaky spike traps to catch out cyclists and motorists who ought not to be mounting pavements?

Back
Top Bottom