Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Of the small amount of driving I do, quite a high portion of it is done on single track roads in the Highlands. I can't think of any time that a road has become blocked because a car has become grounded. Blockages and delays are however often caused by people in oversized vehicles who can't reverse them properly.

Read the highway code and stop damaging publicly owned infrastructure just because you can't reverse.

Thats exactly what a city-dweller would say. It’s your sort who delay hard-working farmers from going about their business because you‘re too prissy to put the tyres of your Corsa on a bit of grass and instead insist on causing a reversing drama.

Of the small amount of driving I do, quite a high portion of it is done on single track roads in the Highlands. I can't think of any time that a road has become blocked because a car has become grounded. Blockages and delays are however often caused by people in oversized vehicles who can't reverse them properly.

Your Highlands holiday playground isn’t exactly typical of the UK countryside.

Just be honest with yourself, you want that Range Rover because of its image. There is no other reason - literally none - that can’t be fulfilled better by other vehicles.

I don’t want it, as I’ve been clear about. If it does come top of my shortlist of vehicles in this class, it will be purely due to price. If I then chose a different vehicle solely due to thinking that other people might think I was a twat, I’d be a twat.

Another unsuitable vehicle. Should have bought a Ford Ranger instead. Sure the driver is a few gears short of a box but was probably convinced by some car-abolitionist cyclist nutters that a small coupé would be less anti-social for city driving.

Another unsuitable vehicle. Should have bought a Ford Ranger instead. Sure the driver is a few gears short of a box but was probably convinced by some car-abolitionist cyclist nutters that a small coupé would be less anti-social for city driving.
Yeah, there’s literally no other option than using a massive pickup for large and heavy loads in our cities. None at all.

Yeah let’s make everything harder and more laborious for everyone. Why not replace trains with stagecoaches while you’re at it, anything to make cities quieter and leafier for their privileged white-collar denizens.

Yeah let’s make everything harder and more laborious for everyone. Why not replace trains with stagecoaches while you’re at it, anything to make cities quieter and leafier for their privileged white-collar denizens.

Harder and more laborious. Like how breathing is harder and more laborious in a city where every cunt drvies everywhere.

Climate change and pollution disproportionately affect the poor and the 44 percent of London households that dont have a car are not the richest ones. I did have Bioboy down as just an inane futurist twat but the claim that fighting climate change is somehow a middle class obsession is a regular argument of proper right wingers and Daily Mail types.

How will replacing van and lorry drivers with 100X as many cycling labourers affect the price of goods in cities? How will that affect poor people exactly?

Car abolition is a middle-class fetish that has very little to do with actually tackling climate change.

Disqualified Range Rover driver reverse wrong way down a road, hits a girl, drags her along, pulls her out from under the wheels & speeds off.

Hard to even care about the soft sentence as no sentence or disqualification will stop this happening. We need other measures.

Disqualified Range Rover driver reverse wrong way down a road, hits a girl, drags her along, pulls her out from under the wheels & speeds off.

Hard to even care about the soft sentence as no sentence or disqualification will stop this happening. We need other measures.

Those measures are already out there. I couldn't have done this in my Volvo because it doesn't let you reverse into people, it beeps loudly and slams on the brakes.

Those measures are already out there. I couldn't have done this in my Volvo because it doesn't let you reverse into people, it beeps loudly and slams on the brakes.
Well they’re not because this happened. Making them compulsory on all vehicles would be the measure.

Well they’re not because this happened. Making them compulsory on all vehicles would be the measure.

There are plans and a roadmaps for all these things. If you were actually interested you could read all the relevant European Commission, DoT and EuroNCAP technical briefings. Contrary to what you think it's not as easy as suddenly making such systems compulsory on all vehicles. Retro-fitting would be prohibitively expensive for many people for starters.

There are plans and a roadmaps for all these things. If you were actually interested you could read all the relevant European Commission, DoT and EuroNCAP technical briefings. Contrary to what you think it's not as easy as suddenly making such systems compulsory on all vehicles. Retro-fitting would be prohibitively expensive for many people for starters.
Links? What’s the timescales for implementation in this country?

In the meantime let’s look at other measures to reduce road danger though.

If it was made complusory to shoot everyone with an IQ of less than 50, you wouldn't be posting now.

A bit drastic though.
Not sure what point you’re trying desperately to make but don’t think it’s going to stop some cunt not run over a kid and leave them for dead.

Back
Top Bottom