Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Everything's moving in the right direction.

They are trying not to show it but we know the car proponents on this thread are starting to see that their time is up.

Everything's moving in the right direction.

They are trying not to show it but we know the car proponents on this thread are starting to see that their time is up.

More cars are using bus lanes so that’s a move in the right direction for efficient use of road space.

E300 is an Uber driver's car.

Think you might be getting confused.

I've done quite a few miles in this today and it really is a very well put together motor. Once you get used to the quirks (like the G meter) it grows on you. Everything is exactly where you want it, feels rock solid, steer it with one finger, and the quality of the finish of the interior is gorgeous. Fast too, and I've done about 100 miles today including about 20 around Central London, and used very little fuel.

I might get one.

The E-class mercedes is the third most common pco registered car in London and ime e300s are very popular. I understand you may have a particularly wanky one that's not even any good for that though.

Sure. Why would Uber cabbies piss about with a £24k hybrid Prius, when they can tool around in a 50 grand, 250ps, 2-door Merc? See them all the time! :D

Last edited:
Sure. Why would Uber cabbies drive a £24k Prius, when they can tool around in a 50 grand, 250ps, 2-door Merc? See them all the time! :D
Partly because they can charge money and partly because a lot of them are car wankers.There were thousands of pco registered e300s two years ago. And where did I say they had two doors? Have you never had an Uber exec? You come across like exactly the type that would pay forty percent more for a shinier car and a driver in a tie to go exactly the same distance.

Partly because they can charge money and partly because a lot of them are car wankers.There were thousands of pco registered e300s two years ago. And where did I say they had two doors? Have you never had an Uber exec? You come across like exactly the type that would pay forty percent more for a shinier car and a driver in a tie to go exactly the same distance.

Shut up, peanut! Taxi driving was one of the few things you actually did know about, back in the day! ;)

It's solved by having a reasonably proportioned car like a SUV and not some squashed Lewis Hamilton wannabe wank-mobile.
Or, even better, a small 1.0L family hatchback, with an estate if space really needed (own multiple dogs and/or sporting equipment). 4x4 Panda for those making oh so tricky countryside trips when it’s rained a bit. Land Rover if you’re a farmer.

Sorted.

Or, even better, a small 1.0L family hatchback, with an estate if space really needed (own multiple dogs and/or sporting equipment). 4x4 Panda for those making oh so tricky countryside trips when it’s rained a bit. Land Rover if you’re a farmer.

Sorted.

I'd rather have one car than three thanks.

Back
Top Bottom