Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Nonsense. Even the German government has been reading the thread and has decided to change its spending priorities as a result.

Nonsense. Even the German government has been reading the thread and has decided to change its spending priorities as a result.

I note the €3 billion annual budget for their little plan dwarfs the €64 billion annual rail investment that was in the latest UK government budget. If the supposedly car-loving Tories can invest 20 times more than the Germans in railway improvement, perhaps you should think about which of the two countries has a government entirely beholden to lobbying by the car manufacturers.

It does look like a sop to the Greens.

Germany has been an environmental basket case for quite a few years now. Its gone way past the time for words, I'll believe it when I see it with German governments.

I note the €3 billion annual budget for their little plan dwarfs the €64 billion annual rail investment that was in the latest UK government budget. If the supposedly car-loving Tories can invest 20 times more than the Germans in railway improvement, perhaps you should think about which of the two countries has a government entirely beholden to lobbying by the car manufacturers.

A bit silly to take Germany as the benchmark for what's reasonable in terms of placating car manufacturers. But your numbers are wrong anyway.

Well, at least there was some good news today with the oil price falling by 10%, which will soon give motorists some much-needed relief at the pumps.

Lots of justified outrage to this advert from TfL. I’m sure one side here won’t understand why though if they actually watch it rather than post animal scat.

funny-donkey-showing-its-mouth-requesting-carrots-laughing-please-give-me-124951993.jpg

Lots of justified outrage to this advert from TfL. I’m sure one side here won’t understand why though if they actually watch it rather than post animal scat.

Pedestrians will certainly constitute the bulk of those quick to diss road users but not see themselves as ever being in the wrong. Which is ironic, given that proportionally speaking they’re by far the most irresponsible, reckless and useless type of road user of them all.

I wonder how many of them ever realise that they put their lives in danger needlessly tens of times every single day, and it’s only through the extra cautious and diligent behaviour of the very wheeled road users they resent so much that they don’t get hit on a daily basis.

As a biker I experience behaviour like that displayed in the video below on a daily basis. For what is worth the video’s author can sometimes be travelling too fast, which I don’t, but it doesn’t retract from the fact that how extraordinarily idiotic and reckless most peds in the video are, regardless of what people think the UK Highway Code might allow them to do.

Pedestrians will certainly constitute the bulk of those quick to diss road users but not see themselves as ever being in the wrong. Which is ironic, given that proportionally speaking they’re by far the most irresponsible, reckless and useless type of road user of them all.

I wonder how many of them ever realise that they put their lives in danger needlessly tens of times every single day, and it’s only through the extra cautious and diligent behaviour of the very wheeled road users they resent so much that they don’t get hit on a daily basis.

As a biker I experience behaviour like that displayed in the video below on a daily basis. For what is worth the video’s author can sometimes be travelling too fast, which I don’t, but it doesn’t retract from the fact that how extraordinarily idiotic and reckless most peds in the video are, regardless of what people think the UK Highway Code might allow them to do.

Just as a reminder, you typed out this rubbish virtually verbatim about a hundred times already on this thread.

It's either this one about pedestrians or the one where you go on about how people who want to reduce societal car dependency are hypocrites when they have to use a car as a result of societal car dependency.

Just as a reminder, you typed out this rubbish virtually verbatim about a hundred times already on this thread.

It's either this one about pedestrians or the one where you go on about how people who want to reduce societal car dependency are hypocrites when they have to use a car as a result of societal car dependency.
I thought this thread was all about rubbish and repetition… :confused: . There have certainly been hundreds if not thousands of posts ITT of individual cases of driver misbehaviour that have fuck all to do with any argument against cars, but you don’t seem to have a problem about those.

Interesting that you don’t even attempt to dispute that a great many pedestrians behave recklessly on a constant basis.

They are though. May as well warn about climate change and use your private jet to get to your private yacht.

Last edited:
I thought this thread was all about rubbish and repetition… :confused: . There have certainly been hundreds if not thousands of posts ITT of individual cases of driver misbehaviour that have fuck all to do with any argument against cars, but you don’t seem to have a problem about those.

Interesting that you don’t even attempt to dispute that a great many pedestrians behave recklessly on a constant basis.
Any pedestrian behaving recklessly is engaging in a selfless act: putting themselves in danger but contributing positively to an overall level of road safety that all can benefit from (even car drivers).

Any pedestrian behaving recklessly is engaging in a selfless act: putting themselves in danger but contributing positively to an overall level of road safety that all can benefit from (even car drivers).
One or two pages ago there was a brief discussion about which post might have been the peak of the thread. I think we have a new winner here :thumbs:

Your video is a great example of why Oxford St & Regent St should allow buses only or be pedestrianised. Thousands of shoppers in those videos and an aggressive motorcyclists is just cutting through the area and is given priority over them. Westminster council needs to grow some balls and do something about this but as it’s the Tories so there’re too scared of a few wealthy residents.

Your video is a great example of why Oxford St & Regent St should allow buses only or be pedestrianised. Thousands of shoppers in those videos and an aggressive motorcyclists is just cutting through the area and is given priority over them. Westminster council needs to grow some balls and do something about this but as it’s the Tories so there’re too scared of a few wealthy residents.

More pedestrians are killed by buses than motorbikes, so not sure why you'd rather permit buses than motorbikes, unless you enjoy seeing pedestrians die.

Back
Top Bottom