Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Just reading about the horrible parking murders in Taunton. Planners obviously guilty of trying to restrict car ownership through denying parking provision in the absence of alternative transport:

Not Taunton, but the village of Norton Fitzwarren, I have friends that live there, that knew this couple, mind you with a population of about 3,000, most people know everyone in the village.

Putting that to one side, I still think you have gone too far with this post.

Looking forward to a future where things like car chases (and car use in general) are depicted in a realistic manner which means showing things like pedestrians and others being killed or disabled for life as a result.
This has been done, hasn’t it? I’m sure I remember seeing it in a film. It may have been Austin Powers, although I suspect I’m conflating it there with the dead henchman scene. There’s definitely something that shows the consequences for the general public in the aftermath of the hero’s chase scene.

This is a good and socially responsible suggestion. The potential real-life risks to pedestrians posed by car chases have for too long been ignored by the scriptwriters of fictional spy and crime action thrillers, and it’s high time the crucially important message of road safety and the consequences of reckless driving is written in on all future films of the genre. Because even hardened criminals or supervillains bent on world destruction and the pursuing government agents trying to stop them should be expected to slow down in built up areas and stick to the 20 mph limit.

It shouldn’t be limited to car chases either. It’s appalling how the Star Wars franchise constantly features spaceships and planets alike being blown up without any concern for the ever growing problem of space debris. No wonder the Russians have come to think it’s okay to destroy satellites in weapon tests and put the ISS crew at risk.

In Spectre we see 007 kindly restricting his humanity saving car chasing activities to the nighttime when there are fewer people on the streets. It is important to note that he is being chased rather than being the chaser and at some point teuchter makes a cameo fucking about in a Fiat 500, the acknowledgement of which is why he started this thread in the first place.

I prefer it when he does plane chases though, worse for the environment and potential for collateral damage is much higher.

In Spectre we see 007 kindly restricting his humanity saving car chasing activities to the nighttime when there are fewer people on the streets. It is important to note that he is being chased rather than being the chaser and at some point teuchter makes a cameo fucking about in a Fiat 500.

I prefer it when he does plane chaws though, worse for the environment and potential for collateral damage is much higher.
You monster. I for one hope all future James Bond films show him travelling to Vauxhall by Tube or bus. There’s also a Boris bike station not 50 metres away from the MI6 building’s fron entrance. I’m sure the UK’s top agent will be fit enough to manage a bike ride.

You monster. I for one hope all future James Bond films show him travelling to Vauxhall by Tube or bus.

Skyfall sees him utilising the London Underground only for a train be used by a terrorist to kill many, many people. Death machines that they are. No official Remembrance Day for those killed by train crashes, demonstrates the inability to display empathy of the public transport crowd.

Now I'm going to just post this and then you can all post some further nonsense in response.

Films which very premise centres around the glorification of fast cars and illegal car racing are a rather different proposition to spy or crime thrillers that might happen to feature a car chase, as you and anyone else capable of tying their own shoelaces fully realise. Come on, you can do better than this.

Films which very premise centres around the glorification of fast cars and illegal car racing are a rather different proposition to spy or crime thrillers that might happen to feature a car chase, as you and anyone else capable of tying their own shoelaces fully realise. Come on, you can do better than this.
Why don't you want fast cars and illegal car racing to be glorified?

I see that you are stuck in the mindset that not only are dangerously driven cars necessary to prevent atrocities, but so are middle aged men.

Fortunately we can reasonably hope that people like you will not be determining film narratives 30 or 50 years from now, which will instead recognise that 99% of atrocities are carried out by middle aged men who own cars, just like certain posters on this thread.

In fact I predict that this thread itself will one day be made into a film.

If you were being held captive at gun point in your home and somehow you managed to contact the police...
Would you rather..

1. They arrived in their fast car within 5 to 10 minutes..
2. Rocked up on their push bikes hours later.

Speed sometimes requires a car

If you were being held captive at gun point in your home and somehow you managed to contact the police...
Would you rather..

1. They arrived in their fast car within 5 to 10 minutes..
2. Rocked up on their push bikes hours later.

Speed sometimes requires a car

Are you being held at gun point because you got into an argument about parking with a neighbour?

It was inevitable it would be raised on this thread, so I thought I'd mention it first to forestall the shameful nonsense that others would have made out of it, so you should thank me for that.

This has been done, hasn’t it? I’m sure I remember seeing it in a film. It may have been Austin Powers, although I suspect I’m conflating it there with the dead henchman scene. There’s definitely something that shows the consequences for the general public in the aftermath of the hero’s chase scene.
death race 2000 came out in the 70s and is pretty much about running over pedestrians

Depending on when the development was built, it might have been what was called "PPG3" which was national guidance and said that on average no more than 1.5 off street parking spaces per dwelling should be provided in new developments.

You can see that this particular development has some houses with one parking space and some with two.

That guidance didn't preclude the provision of on-street parking. So that would be at the discretion of the developer, I think. Obviously the more parking you provide the fewer (or smaller) houses you can have.

That PPG3 guidance was replaced by the NPPF about ten years ago. I think that it became less prescriptive and leaves it more up to local councils to decide whether they want to prescribe maximum amounts of off street parking. So you would have to look at what the local planning policies say, or said at time of development.

It’s all new build so how about if you don’t have room for the car live somewhere else or don’t have it rather than killing people.

Here’s the estate - if this doesn’t have enough parking god help us.

3E02D8E0-8D6A-4216-AA1E-EC9C53473C8B.jpeg

I note that this topic is even too low for Saul & Spy to get involved with.

It’s all new build so how about if you don’t have room for the car live somewhere else or don’t have it rather than killing people.

Here’s the estate - if this doesn’t have enough parking god help us.

View attachment 297984

I note that this topic is even too low for Saul & Spy to get involved with.

But not for you seemingly.

Speaking in general terms, as I did earlier and unlike you who seem keen on screenshots of the victims' house - if a family are living in a house with only one parking space their circumstances can change so that they both require a car to get to work for example (e.g. perhaps a bus route is changed). The fact planners expect such people to be unemployed or move house is pretty pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom