Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Posting GIFs can't stop this happening, which will be upsetting for some.

The tide is turning.

More massive success for this thread and humanity in general.

I doubt you'll find many car owners care about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre, or Glasgow or any other city. Complaints about such schemes usually come from "traders" because they worry that people won't buy so much tat from them.

When I drive into town I park at the multi-story and then enjoy walking around the pedestrian zone, so I am in favour of pedestrian zones and city-centre car parks.

That you view this as a "massive success" is quite revealing.

I doubt you'll find many car owners care about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre, or Glasgow or any other city. Complaints about such schemes usually come from "traders" because they worry that people won't buy so much tat from them.

When I drive into town I park at the multi-story and then enjoy walking around the pedestrian zone, so I am in favour of pedestrian zones and city-centre car parks.

Yep. I’m all for it. Pedestrianising motorways and country lanes might be an issue.

If it tempts you and your death machine to the city centre instead of some kind of out-of-town place, that's a massive success. Because you are now helping to make more viable a location which is accessible to public transport and active travel users.

It starts here and then we build upon it. The zone gradually expands. This is what we can see slowly happening in London for example. You and your death machine are slowly pushed to multistorey car parks further and further out, then one day you realise you're an idiot and should just get the train in. Massive success.

I already know what your reply to this will be. Go for it.

If it tempts you and your death machine to the city centre instead of some kind of out-of-town place, that's a massive success. Because you are now helping to make more viable a location which is accessible to public transport and active travel users.

It starts here and then we build upon it. The zone gradually expands. This is what we can see slowly happening in London for example. You and your death machine are slowly pushed to multistorey car parks further and further out, then one day you realise you're an idiot and should just get the train in. Massive success.

I blame industrialisation for the horrors of cities. People were healthier and happier before big stinking crowded cities happened

I'd be happy for such zones to expand to cover all the shopping streets and central tourist attractions, no problem. However they won't ever expand to cover residential neighborhoods, so they will never be so large as to make car journeys into cities idiotic.

Given that retail and office use is declining and being replaced with residential, I've no doubt this Glasgow scheme will eventually be rolled back so people can pick up their disabled grandmothers from the retirement flats that will replace the current offices and shops.

Back
Top Bottom