Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Have you ever driven a car?

Speed limiters are not a good idea.

Yes, I drive occasionally.

Why are they not a good idea? Only argument I can see is the rare occasion you need to accelerate to prevent and accident. Systems deal with this by allow an override that comes with a warning alarm.

Mandatory speed limiters, that you can choose not to use. 🤣
Currently, the regulation permits you to switch the speed limiter off. Those chasing the thrill of higher top speeds, or looking for better fuel economy may look at modifying their cars by getting the speed limiter removed.

Mandatory speed limiters, that you can choose not to use. 🤣

Yep, because fitting them properly would presumably mean shrieking and wailing from all the idiots.

There is no argument against mandatory GPS based limiters that cannot be switched off, other than “I want to break the speed limits”.

There is no argument against mandatory GPS based limiters that cannot be switched off, other than “I want to break the speed limits”.

This is the sort of crap people come out with in support of compulsory ID cards .

You can’t be against an authoritarian state only when it suits you.

It's a public road. Of course there are speed limits. :facepalm:

It’s also the only place in Europe outside the German autobahn network where there are public roads without speed limits… Around 30 percent of the island’s highway network is unrestricted, including almost all of the mountain section of the famous TT course.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom