Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Better than the toxic bear pit that this thread has recently been.

Proof that looking at pictures of cars soothes them :)
I reckon they do soothe some of the more crazed posters on here, who panic that the Communists have taken over each time they see a speed camera, or an innocent child that hasn't yet been run over.

I reckon they do soothe some of the more crazed posters on here, who panic that the Communists have taken over each time they see a speed camera, or an innocent child that hasn't yet been run over.
That’s the kind of measured and well reasoned contribution that’s guaranteed to sway any impartial reader of this thread towards an anti-car stance :thumbs:

That’s the kind of measured and well reasoned contribution that’s guaranteed to sway any impartial reader of this thread towards an anti-car stance :thumbs:
I'm going to try and explain how the thread works, but you probably still won't understand. I can do measured contributions now and again, which are a kind of bonus for the impartial reader, but it's not these posts that do the heavy lifting. The thread relies on the car-people writing so much nonsense that no one reasonable would want to be associated with them. Each time a car-person posts something, not only does it bump the thread to the top of "new posts" but it adds a fresh page to the idiot file.
Sure, it takes a few carefully placed posts from me now and again to lead them into some traps or to stoke the fire a bit, but the beauty of the concept is that it all really works without much effort from me at all.
You lot remain pretty blind to this and think you are being clever or funny or whatever. Fine by me - carry on! Post some more photos of oversized SUVs that will supposedly wind me up or something.
There's no doubt that this is my most successful thread ever on urban75 because not only does it keep me entertained but it actually contributes to societal progress in a meaningful way.

I'm going to try and explain how the thread works, but you probably still won't understand. I can do measured contributions now and again, which are a kind of bonus for the impartial reader, but it's not these posts that do the heavy lifting. The thread relies on the car-people writing so much nonsense that no one reasonable would want to be associated with them. Each time a car-person posts something, not only does it bump the thread to the top of "new posts" but it adds a fresh page to the idiot file.
Sure, it takes a few carefully placed posts from me now and again to lead them into some traps or to stoke the fire a bit, but the beauty of the concept is that it all really works without much effort from me at all.
You lot remain pretty blind to this and think you are being clever or funny or whatever. Fine by me - carry on! Post some more photos of oversized SUVs that will supposedly wind me up or something.
There's no doubt that this is my most successful thread ever on urban75 because not only does it keep me entertained but it actually contributes to societal progress in a meaningful way.
Oh dear. Bad day at the office? :(

Nearly half of journeys made by car are made by only the driver and half are also a distance that could easily be cycled by most people.

B996BC95-C334-49B6-9CB7-AA22237B5012.png

Cue the “but what about”s…

Has the U.S. enjoyed a century-long “love affair” with the automobile, as Groucho Marx memorably put it in a 1961 television show? Or has the relationship been more like an increasingly toxic forced marriage?

Peter Norton, a history professor at the University of Virginia, has spent his career arguing it’s the latter. His first book, Fighting Traffic, focuses on the 1920s, describing how a consortium of automotive, oil, rubber and construction industries — “motordom,” as Norton calls them — formed a strategic alliance to ensure car owners could drive quickly through U.S. cities. The resulting sprawl, autocentric planning and policy, and inadequate transit often left traveling by car as the only viable option.

Though diverse, the visions of high-tech driving share a common claim: with sensor data, state-of-the-art hardware, machine learning, and digital networking, onboard computers in every car will drive for us, better than we can, and sooner than we think. Despite the extraordinary technological developments of the last twenty years, however, the practical possibility of widespread automatic driving remains elusive. High-tech “solutions,” always just over the horizon, are supposed to offer the anticipated deliverance. The lack, however, lies not in technology but in the aspiration itself. Meanwhile the supposed solutions, in promising an eventual end to all our afflictions, divert us from transport sufficiency: an unspectacular state in which everyone can meet their practical needs.

Boris Johnson just mentioned car confiscation at PMQs.

"Labour's policy is that families will be able to take one flight every five years Mr Speaker, and have their cars confiscated!"

Have Labour published this policy yet?

Boris Johnson just mentioned car confiscation at PMQs.

"Labour's policy is that families will be able to take one flight every five years Mr Speaker, and have their cars confiscated!"

Have Labour published this policy yet?

It's just Johnson spewing shit from his mouth, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom