Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

I haven't been a lawyer for over 15 years. But, no, I don't want to say what I do now, as I don't want to give away my real life identity. But please do explain what you understand 'middle class' to mean.
Briefly derailing the thread from discussing the actions of the climate fascists (pat pending), this is by far the most interesting recent post in this this thread. You've got me and probably a few others wondering.

I haven't been a lawyer for over 15 years. But, no, I don't want to say what I do now, as I don't want to give away my real life identity. But please do explain what you understand 'middle class' to mean.

Those who either administer the relationship between capital and labour (teachers, lawyers, managers) or who benefit from it without actually owning the means of production (businessmen, farmers, shopkeepers etc.).

If you moved from being a lawyer to your current job and it is so unique that merely mentioning it would betray your identity I find it highly unlikely that you're working class but feel free to disclose.

Those who either administer the relationship between capital and labour (teachers, lawyers, managers) or who benefit from it without actually owning the means of production (businessmen, farmers, shopkeepers etc.).

If you moved from being a lawyer to your current job and it is so unique that merely mentioning it would betray your identity I find it highly unlikely that you're working class but feel free to disclose.
I've explained that I value my privacy, so won't divulge my current job. But I can assure you that, even on your definition - which isn't without problems, by the way - I'm not middle class. Whereas you are. Which probably explains your much greater affinity with the insulation wallies.

That sort of class analysis is a nonsense anyway, as surgeons would be working class but for some magic reason due to their training and salary they aren't.

I've explained that I value my privacy, so won't divulge my current job. But I can assure you that, even on your definition - which isn't without problems, by the way - I'm not middle class. Whereas you are. Which probably explains your much greater affinity with the insulation wallies.

I don't value your privacy but will consider to judge you by the persona you project on these boards, that of a wealthy lawyer.

That sort of class analysis is a nonsense anyway, as surgeons would be working class but for some magic reason due to their training and salary they aren't.
Doctors are the same as skilled artisans, basically petits bourgeoisie unless they actually work for the state in which case they're the same as lawyers.

I don't value your privacy but will consider to judge you by the persona you project on these boards, that of a wealthy lawyer.

That fine, I'm used to self-professed middle class people turning on me as a working class person whom you perceive to have gotten above his station.

Two things you always do when you start feeling the pressure of having your arse kicked. One is to call people names; and the other is to start banging on about their wealth or class. It’s become your MO.

Nothing wrong with that. Just saying.

Toyota, not Volvo. ;)

And I've never denied being well paid. Some working class people are. I'm sorry if that offends your middle class ideas about the natural order of things.

Presumably you make no money off property or investments?

Two things you always do when you start feeling the pressure of having your arse kicked. One is to call people names; and the other is to start banging on about their wealth or class. It’s become your MO.

Nothing wrong with that. Just saying.
I haven't called anyone names this morning apart from repeating your wife's nickname for you. And I've had two arguments about class in response to ostensibly middle class posters referring to protestors as middle class. Hardly an MO.

I haven't called anyone names this morning apart from repeating your wife's nickname for you. And I've had two arguments about class in response to ostensibly middle class posters referring to protestors as middle class. Hardly an MO.
Not just today, silly.

You do have an obsession with Athos’s wealth and class, and you do get vituperative when on the back foot. Agreed?

Not just today, silly.

You do have an obsession with Athos’s wealth and class, and you do get vituperative when on the back foot. Agreed?
It's not uncommon for middle class people to get spiky with working class people whom they perceive to be getting more than their due.

What, you just stick it all in a current account or spend it on cars?
As I've explained previously, I don't own a car.

Despite Maomao's obsessive speculation, I don't earn a fortune, so I end up spending it. Anything left after essentials typically goes on holidays (and the odd motorbike).

Lol. I don't even fulfil the criteria for middle class that you proposed (unlike you).

I have neither denied being middle class nor used it as a criticism of protestors. You on the other hand have been squirming like a (middle class) worm on this one. Either say what you do for a living or accept that people will judge you in what they do know.

That's not a workable definition of 'working class'.
genuine question (not being flippant) how would you describe me then? I sell my labour but I own the company I sell it to that then sells my labour to other much larger companies.

Either say what you do for a living or accept that people will judge you in what they do know.
Wtf is wrong with you? He's told you that he won't say what he does for a living. That's quite reasonable. Many folk won't disclose personal information on here. And it's only you that's judging him. Bit of a broad definition of "people".

Back
Top Bottom