Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England's Euro 2020 Exploits

TAA is going home you mean. That didn't look good.

Down to the last 3 right backs. Southgate should do what he should have done in the first place by covering the very recently injured Jordan Henderson with the player who most closely resembles his style and influence, James Ward-Prowse.

A player I've never heard of scored for England. That is down to my own ignorance, I confess.
TBF, I don't watch much premiership football - no Sky etc, and I support championship and non-league teams. I half watched the game tonight precisely because I thought I should work out who are our team are, before the tournament.
Well taken goal mind, decent looking player. Must be wonderful for him to score on his England debut. Congrats to the lad.

yeah but this, really, isn't going to happen
Yeah, but a lot of people really said that about Brexit :hmm:

(Outside of this hilarious running jape, I'm honestly not super up to speed with the current state of other European nations so not sure what England's realistic chances are, beyond "it's England, who are usually their own worst enemy in most cases")

Yeah, but a lot of people really said that about Brexit :hmm:

(Outside of this hilarious running jape, I'm honestly not super up to speed with the current state of other European nations so not sure what England's realistic chances are, beyond "it's England, who are usually their own worst enemy in most cases")
Well, France.

England are favourites with the English bookies, cos loads of English people have put bets on. But we're not really favourites.

A player I've never heard of scored for England. That is down to my own ignorance, I confess.
TBF, I don't watch much premiership football - no Sky etc, and I support championship and non-league teams. I half watched the game tonight precisely because I thought I should work out who are our team are, before the tournament.
Well taken goal mind, decent looking player. Must be wonderful for him to score on his England debut. Congrats to the lad.
He's been one bright spot for Arsenal this year. Great young player

Well, France.

England are favourites with the English bookies, cos loads of English people have put bets on. But we're not really favourites.
Yeah, I never go with bookies odds for exactly that reason. Unless there's somewhere that aggregates odds across nations somewhere?

And yes, France are one of the few I know are supposed to be faves. Also aware Germany have been having some serious problems, though never going to be willing to totally rule out Germany at a tournament, and figure Belgium are still a strong outfit (though saw someone suggest their defence is getting a bit old?).

Anyway, probably another thread for that kind of chat. Only reason to talk about other nations on this thread is to point out how little they like it up 'em (not a lot) and so how easily the mighty England shall dominate them all!! :mad:

:hmm:

Hope Alexander-Arnold is ok, although it is going to get crowded down that corner of the pitch with four of them.

It will play out as usual...

Couple of scrappy draws/wins and hope fades.

One or two brilliant win/s and it is #cominghome

Then the inevitable crushing disappointment #southgateout #bigsamin
everyone wants hope to triumph over experience every time. and every time hope is so cruelly dashed as football so resolutely refuses to go home but wants to stay out with its new friends for a few more years

And there goes any goodwill I - and perhaps a lot of other neutral supporters - may have had for England. Utter cunts.

that's really shallow. i thought that perhaps the players had done something untoward. but your decision based on the actions of some shitty twats doesn't do you imo much credit. when i went to see england nigeria in 94 there were some pissed up england fans in the pub beforehand giving it the large with no surrender to the ira. i might have had a similar reaction to you but i recognise that there are many many thousands of really decent england fans for every one who really lets the side down. i thought you'd be experienced enough to know that. i thought perhaps you'd judge the team on their actions on the pitch. clearly i thought wrong.

Last edited:
that's really shallow. i thought that perhaps the players had doe something untoward. but your decision based on the actions of some shitty twats doesn't do you imo much credit. when i went to see england nigeria in 94 there were some pissed up england fans in the pub beforehand giving it the large with no surrender to the ira. i might have had a similar reaction to you but i recognise that there are many many thousands of really decent england fans for every one who really lets the side down. i thought you'd be experienced enough to know that. clearly i thought wrong.
This wasn't a handful of England fans. It clearly was a large part of the crowd. I can't support that kind of shit.

Back
Top Bottom