Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Electric scooters

I reckon we must have been watching different videos, 'cos to me it looked like the bus driver had to brake pretty hard to avoid him. He was riding it like a twat, and putting other people's lives in danger. Fuck him.
I haven’t seen the video but am on my high horse so fuck the magistrate.

I imagined it would be fab to be like the Jetsons whizzing about. Certainly in south london yesterday it felt like that. Just keep your eyes peeled.

I imagined it would be fab to be like the Jetsons whizzing about. Certainly in south london yesterday it felt like that. Just keep your eyes peeled.
I'd say it's great fun, and easy to do without annoying or endangering other people, but there's always going to be cunts taking the piss. It's why we have speed limits and other silly rules imposed upon us, because some people can't be trusted to leave their cuntishness at home.

Pedestrians tend to not damage cars or people if they walk into them. Surely even a cyclist could work that out?
I broke my arm taking evasive action when someone walked in front of me on my bike, and have had numerous near misses and physical contact with people turning on a dime and walking across clearly delineated cycle lanes. It does happen.

A number of years ago a pedestrian killed a motorcyclist who was riding down Park Street in Bristol, walked out and knocked them off. Cunts should be insured, right?

I broke my arm taking evasive action when someone walked in front of me on my bike, and have had numerous near misses and physical contact with people turning on a dime and walking across clearly delineated cycle lanes. It does happen.

A number of years ago a pedestrian killed a motorcyclist who was riding down Park Street in Bristol, walked out and knocked them off. Cunts should be insured, right?
You put forward a strong case. OK, I'm convinced, but let's sort the cyclists first.

have not noticed riders of electric scooters making hand signals prior to a turn.I suspect that the tiny handlebars render it unsafe to do so?

There are so many about now. To be fair most seem to be on the road or away from pedestrians/pavements :hmm:

I don’t particularly care because I’ve always believed in the principle of the rozzers using common sense and discretion towards road users, but clearly they have chosen not to act in most cases whenever they come across a non-rental (and therefore non road legal at this moment in time) scooter.

In my daily 6-mile commute it’s very rare when I don’t cross paths with at least one cop car on the prowl, if not actually 2-3. In the same commute I will invariably spot at least a handful of privately owned scooters. So if I see them so will any Old Bill on pretty much every patrol they undertake. They have undoubtedly chosen to ignore numerous road infractions they witness every day. Quite refreshing in a way.

Scooter drivers seem to think that they are exempt from the (common sense) rules of the road put their to keep people safe.

Fuck em I say.
Glad to see someone finally being punished for scooting where they shouldn't.
If they could get a couple of people for scooting on train platforms and putting lives in danger there too I'd be a happy chappie.

Back
Top Bottom