Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Electric scooters

Generation 4 Lime e-scooter - now seated.. looks like a moped to me.. :hmm:

You’re going to want to sit down for this — Introducing the Gen4…

Interesting article in the Guardian recently

E-scooters stuck in legislation limbo as mood sours among Britons

Seen very little update of rental ones in Bham, Liverpool and London which I've visited recently.

From that Guardian article:

AAA.JPG

What the actual fuck?

You take a motor vehicle that is 100% illegal out and about and choose to ride that on a pavement, as a result of your choice you kill someone and get community service? Fuck off.

From that Guardian article:

View attachment 398192

What the actual fuck?

You take a motor vehicle that is 100% illegal out and about and choose to ride that on a pavement, as a result of your choice you kill someone and get community service? Fuck off.
It's hardly any worse than most sentencing of drivers who kill pedestrians and cyclists, who always seem to get off virtually scot free no matter what the circumstances. Suspect he'd have been made an example of if he'd been an adult though.

It's hardly any worse than most sentencing of drivers who kill pedestrians and cyclists, who always seem to get off virtually scot free no matter what the circumstances. Suspect he'd have been made an example of if he'd been an adult though.

Of course, all motor-vehicle drivers who flout the law and kill as a result should face far, far stiffer penalties. Appreciate he was 14, but as a society do we really say that you can act like a complete cunt and kill people with impunity? At the other extreme in the US a 14 year old first offender would have got around 10 years for this and his cunt of a father who bought the illegal scooter for his child would be looking at a number of years too.

Sentencing for traffic violence is a joke

We have a thread for this shit, but it just makes me so angry. Had it been a very inexperienced driver who'd made an honest mistake that would be bad enough. But this one had spent the previous evening off his face and still choose to drive, that choice ended up taking someone's life and destroying the lives of others close to them. Takes the fucking piss.

Back
Top Bottom