Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

del.jpg 2-3 and truly shocking refereeing today. Mind you, Hornchurch were a very capable team and we would have been lucky to have got away with a draw.

We need a striker or two (or three) in double quick time.

Bit disappointing to lose for the first time this season. Hornchurch got away with a lot and the ref was a mess but to be fair they did probably have the edge. Dulwich were missing their whole front three and it showed, the forward runs weren't quite there in the way they have been. They still could have got a result against a decent team though and hopefully Green and Lodge at least will be back soon.

I think we did relatively well and Hornchurch were allowed to target Erhun for a battering by a muppet referee who I hope dies today. The Essex tarts need to have a long hard look at their mugselves as to why they conceded two goals and got away with two penalty incidents against a team with no striker and their first choice front three injured and playmaker hobbled.

Two positives: I'm recording a podcast on jouissance of football tomorrow so I've got some very bitterly immediate & earthy reference material, and secondly: we're two points off top spot, just as we were before the game. An open, competitive league that half the clubs could plausibly win. Imagine!

Lost 3-2. A cruel loss to a brutal AFC Hornchurch team who had plenty of help from a set of match officials who were seemingly blind to many of the nasty challenges inflicted on our lads. Having said that, Hornchurch were well organised and packed their defence when required. We started better, but after about 20 mins Purcell for AFC cracked a speculative effort from about 35 yards which swirled in the wind and flew past Phil Wilson into the top corner. We got one back about 10 mins later when a fantastic long pass to Ahmed Deen saw him cross from the left corner flag for Nyren Clunis to poke a clever shot past the keeper. Ian Daly - normally a midfielder - was playing centre forward & was getting a few good touches, but we were clearly missing Ottaway, Ellis Green and a bit of fluency/creativity. Erhun played well as usual but was misplacing a few passes. Hornchurch defended well. 1-1 at half time. A couple of penalty shouts after Jerome Walker and (I think) Clunis were felled in the box, but the ref was having none of it.

Hornchurch went 2-1 up with about 20 mins to go after a mistake in the Dulwich defence left a one-on-one with the keeper. We were playing really well at this point. Kevin James then should have had a penalty, but again the ref ignored it. The Essex bully boys then got another straightaway with about 10 mins to go. 3-1, and the Hornchurch fans had the cheek to muster only their second song of the game, asking "Can you hear the Dulwich sing?" (to which the answer was "yes - all game".) We poured forward and finally got the penalty we deserved, which Oztumer put away nicely. But with only a few minutes left we eventually ran out of time. Given an extra 5 minutes I reckon we would have got an equaliser. So really unlucky overall. The teams were well matched and I thought we deserved a draw - and we would have got one had it not have been for the ropey ref and linesmen, who got all sorts of abuse from a vocal Dulwich crowd.

Decent crowd of 607.

Nice pint at the Ivy House community pub afterwards.

This is how the top of the table looks:

S9qHPSb.png

Just read that we've got Shoreham in the first qualifying round of the FA Cup on Sat 14th Sept and then a chance for another trophy as we play in the Ryman Charity Shield on Tues 17th Sept: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/fixture-news-1028089.html

Last edited:
Shoreham away? I don't think that's far from me.

<edit2add> Ah, at home. Never mind.

@vornstyle76 would be interested to hear your podcast.

I missed this to watch West Ham-Stoke. Oh dear. Looking forward to a wee trip up to Harrow next Saturday. Its nearly Wembley.

46 games is a LONG season...going by Championship standards you can afford to lose about 10 games and still go up so nothing to worry about yet.

You may notice that we do not have a match sponsor for the game today. It would be great if Dulwich Hamlet fans, committee members, players..anyone in fact, could spread the word about this excellent opportunity to help our Club continue to cement our position back in the Premier Division.

A Match package costs a mere £99, and for that you get four Match-day Guests for the boardroom, pre & post match, as well as prime seats in the directors box. Complimentary matchday programmes, with your sponsorship name included in it, as well as numerous mentions over the tannoy. Plus the usual boardroom hospitality for your party.
Prawn sandwiches included?

1-1 at half team. Both teams playing dreadfully. Hamlet giving it away at the back all over the shop.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378565078530.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378565078530.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 13
Overheard as I left: "it took me two and a half hours to get here and I missed most of the first half."

Hamlet 'ardcore, innit? Respect.

I thought it was quite entertaining, although Dulwich were a bit disjointed. Plenty of chances and a hilarious new keeper who struggled a bit with catching and kicking. I didn't like the way he had his shorts puled up pretty much to his armpits either. 2-2 would've been a fair result but in the rush to equalise the defence seemed to just wander off and leave massive gaping holes.

Disappointing loss on Sat :( Sounds like Paul Idem is not the keeper we are looking for.

Cheers for the photos though ed.

To cheer you all up, here's the new poster for Saturday's game courtesy of vornstyle76

yDEmWGp.jpg

Should be getting some printed up....can anyone suggest some good places locally where we could put one up?

right, the missus is busy for the next two saturdays, and as luck would have it, the hamlet are home both days. so i'll be at the shoreham game and the canvey game both. will get there nice and early.

Back
Top Bottom