Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

With my ex-pre-marital-step-son kinda thing visiting I couldn't put the usual artistic majesty into a poster this week, but a meeting about the very future of the club should be more than enough USP...

tumblr_n1coswIZcS1sn4d9xo1_500.png

Hello. Some thoughts from the house of Desmonds. No need to reply.

-We love Dulwich Hamlet FC
-We love nouveau and ancient and everything between
-We don't really get 'politics'
-We love the idea of no rules and no exclusion
-We don't understand why a no-exclusion ethos can therefore hate Tory, police, landlords and...???? (etc)
-We will therefore sing "tits, fanny and the Dulwich" if we choose to - we like it, have always sung it and you can fuck off
-We will also sing "cock, balls and the Dulwich" if we choose to - we like it, may very well sing it in the future and you can fuck off
-We probably won't sing about murderers or rapists or fascists, but each to their own

Of course, all of this doesn't really matter. If we are a genuinely all-inclusive, free-thinking, liberal blah blah blah then everyone can do whatever they want and we can just let the stones lie as they fall and assess what group of fans DHFC attracts and how it evolves over time.

:) WE LOVE YOU ALL!

NOW... Let's crack off 3 points tomorrow and here's to a constructive post-match chat-a-thon.

Re todays meeting after the game

- need to ensure those with something to say get down the front (as surely going to be packed)
- useful if somebody does record the meting (pref on video)
- If they have say 200 turn up at the meeting the meeting needs an agenda and a place for "the top table2 to speak and make its proposals known - then a questions (not rants) section
- questions need to asked and responded to systamatically

The sun is out, it's a cracking day for football, can't wait.

Not sure I like this submitting questions in advance thing, but looking forward to getting some answers later. Roll on 3pm!

For the meeting, we know everyone on the panel except one. Just so we can recognise him, here's a pic of Peter Bennison from Hadley Property Group who will come to the meeting today. (Pic from the Hadley website.) So if anyone sees him they can buy him a beer and explain why we are the Pride of South London :)

teambig-peterb.jpg

- need to ensure those with something to say get down the front (as surely going to be packed)
- If they have say 200 turn up at the meeting the meeting needs an agenda and a place for "the top table2 to speak and make its proposals known - then a questions (not rants) section

Going to try to record only not video, sorry maybe someone else will!!

Think meeting will try to be run in an orderly way to the best of committees ability!!

gonna head to fox on hill at 12.30 if anyone fancies a couple before...

if not see you at champion hill!

How long do you reckon you'll be in the Fox for? I might pop along there if I get this work finished by one or so.

This is why questions can be handed in PRIOR to the meeting, a lot of what people want to ask will then NOT be duplicated and most will things will have been covered if there has been a furstrating big show of hands to speak.

The 'agenda' has already been set, if you look at the post on the official website...Jack Payne, to open & speak, Martin Eede to follow, then the Hadley people. After that pre-written questions to be answered...then the floor opened for more questions to the top table.

As for the numbers who turn up...well there is nothing that can be done about this, & the more crowded the better, as this shows fans care.

To say rants shouldn't be allowed, and questions need to be responded to systamatically...well to be honest, I do think that the people on the top table are already aware of this...

At least you will be there...I finish work at five, and it will be a mad dash from Bermondsey for me...

Last edited:
Developer : 'Hamlet will be playing here in a hundred years time "..." so long as it sustainable ". "The club has to pay for itself.'

Here's the audio from the meeting:

Jack Payne, Chair of the Football Committee, explains the current financial situation.

And...

Peter Bennison, CEO of Hadley Property on why a developer has paid £5.75m for a football club.

Still unsure what to make of it all to be honest. Trying to remain positive. Give them a chance...

Feel free to share and embed the audio wherever.

If the developer doesnt want Hamlet gone - playing here in 100 years time - what are they hoping to develop exactly?

Back
Top Bottom