Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I love it that yesterday's argument about what is appropriate singing has turned into a self-congratulatory "us Dulwich fans are fucking great, aren't we?" love-in. It is important that we all appreciate what we've got going on here as it won't last forever. It's so good that even people who don't like football come back for more! Well done everybody and keep it coming. I love you all xxxx

The article doesn't really say anything, apart from that Hadley Property have "completed their purchase of the freehold" of the ground and that they have the best interests of the club at heart. Which presumably means building flats on the pitch.

Hadley say they are "listening carefully to the fans" so I assume they are reading all the message boards given that the meeting hasn't happened yet!

It also says they have paid bills relating to the stadium.

There is a massive article next to it about 'The Only Way Is Up' book (which is a great read btw.)

Will scan it up when I get a moment.

Last edited:
Travel to Lewes is looking to be a bit of a pain in the arse with trains off 'n' all that. I was gonna go down to Brighton on Friday and see some family and head to Lewes from there, but I need to get back to London as quickly as possible on Saturday and am trying to work out my best option. I 'll speak to Shaun to see if he'd let me do a one way trip on the coach but has anyone got any other suggestions?

Yeah I was thinking of doing something similar.... visit a mate on Fri get train back on Sat...but you say they're off.... that's shit......may have to speak to Shaun on Saturday at the game too

m0xXKVO.jpg

Yeah I was thinking of doing something similar.... visit a mate on Fri get train back on Sat...but you say they're off.... that's shit......may have to speak to Shaun on Saturday at the game too

Yup, no trains between Brighton and Three Bridges next weekend. Does anyone know if anyone is driving?

Tuesday's game as the first home fixture I've missed since September, but I was offered a free meal and it felt foolhardy for a jobless youth to turn it down. Hopefully won't happen again!

A mixture of poverty, transport and having Pope as a surname means I'll probably skip the trip to Lewes though...

There are about 14 spaces left on the coach to Lewes at the moment. I'll be taking bookings at the game on Saturday, at the 12th man table, for anyone else that wants to come.

Due to high demand it's unlikely we can offer a discount for one-way travel, but if you're prepared to chance it we can let you know the day before if any spaces are still available.

And regarding "The Only Way Is Up" - copies are limited so why not buy a copy on Saturday too?! Or you can buy online here: http://dhfc12.blogspot.com

Cheers
Neil (definitely not Shaun)

There are about 14 spaces left on the coach to Lewes at the moment. I'll be taking bookings at the game on Saturday, at the 12th man table, for anyone else that wants to come.

Due to high demand it's unlikely we can offer a discount for one-way travel, but if you're prepared to chance it we can let you know the day before if any spaces are still available.

And regarding "The Only Way Is Up" - copies are limited so why not buy a copy on Saturday too?! Or you can buy online here: http://dhfc12.blogspot.com

Cheers
Neil (definitely not Shaun)

Thanks for letting us know, appreciated!

I would be happy to pay for the whole seat both ways....but I may only be in on the way back....if that makes sense or possible....but also I wouldnt want to deprive anyone else of a seat.....what conundrum.....

will have a chat at the game..... either way I'm going some how....

That's absolutely fine - and in fact, I'm getting the coach down there but not back, so you're not depriving anyone of a seat. And with both of us paying, there's more chance of Shaun breaking even for once!!

Of the two local papers lots of fans refer to the 'Southwark News' as the Snooze, a term they use themselves, and we call the South London Press the 'SLoP' because their journalism is often so sloppy!

Looks like the meeting is
a) well prepared
b) clearly communicated
c) logically organised

Already a huge step up from the previous regime! ;)

I realise the winky thing (note possible spelling mistake!) means you are jesting...but just to clarify the meeting is arranged by the Football Club committee, as have previous open meetings, including 'meet the manager' ones, and NOT 'the previous regime', by which you mean the Limited Company. This meeting hasn't been called by Hadley, but they have agreed to attend.
In actual fact some previous open meetings may have been arranged by the Supporters Trust, so maybe that's who you were referring to..now where's that winky thing... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom