Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I'm a new Dulwich Hamlet fan, having only just recently discovered the club after moving into the area, and have really enjoyed going to games this season. Also really love Champion Hill - terrific football ground with a brilliant, positive atmosphere. I've only just heard that there are so many problems off the field - really quite surprised by this as, superficially from the outside, everything seems to be going so well and the team is obviously playing some fantastic football.

Anyway, please excuse my ignorance, but I have a couple of questions for those of you who are more 'in the know':
- Can anyone provide a brief summary of what the problem is with the stadium and the finances?
- What can we, as supporters, do to help? (i.e. where is the best place to focus a campaign towards - should we all be joining the Trust or will that not help?).

best thing that can be offered at the moment without too much speculation.....

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwi...ubs-future--22nd-february-515-pm-1155865.html

Yeah, all very interesting. From what this guy said to me, Dipre handed them an initial ban then revoked it, then gave them another after they abused another manager. Something like that anyway...

Whatever language they were using, it must be a pretty toxic atmosphere at the club for anyone to be abused by their own fans.

I know we're a pretty potty-mouthed bunch ourselves but our swearing is always in a jovial manner, never offensive.

Enjoy your pint :)

So had a chat with my mate……

Re lowestoft bans….. the two they banned were nowhere near the manager when the alleged incident happened….they collected witness statements from Lowestoft and Carshalton fans that confirmed this. The chairman alledgedly would not show any statements from people who apparently saw it and just banned these two and then decided to ban 4 others at the same time (who had previous bans and were just sent that letter out of the blue). The chairman alledgedly even rang one of the fans work place (a local college) and asked them to sack him because he had been banned from the club (wtf)….. The chairman alledgedly also hasn’t been to a game in fourteen months….

Re the kit and badge he changed it without consulting anyone and apparently it wasn’t to an old badge or colours….

Apparently the fan base has dropped dramatically because of this there is no singing as all the people are banned stopped going or afraid to sing as they may get banned…..sounds like a sorry state of affairs really…..

I think solidarity needs to be shown…thinking of a subtle banner something like “fans against bans….”

updated this on the other thread too..

Yeah, blueheaven, come to the meeting. What everyone knows is on the thread - have a read through the last 20 pages or so and you'll see there's a lot of speculation there so another 'summary' probably wouldn't help. Hopefully the meeting will clarify things a bit.

Cheers Scutta! I'd actually read a few things on forums this week about the statements not really proving anything. "Fans against bans" sounds like a good statement to me.

I'm hoping to come to Canvey Island tomorrow (touch wood it's not cancelled) so maybe we can discuss it on the train?

My memory cells are stirring about once attending a supporters meeting in the players bar in the old ground. Buggered if I can remember what it was all about though, just the bloke behind the bar who called everyone 'bruv'. Mishi and I'm sure Shaun were there too.

Cheers Scutta! I'd actually read a few things on forums this week about the statements not really proving anything. "Fans against bans" sounds like a good statement to me.

I'm hoping to come to Canvey Island tomorrow (touch wood it's not cancelled) so maybe we can discuss it on the train?

Sounds perfect! See you at one fingers crossed the games on!

Yeah, blueheaven, come to the meeting. What everyone knows is on the thread - have a read through the last 20 pages or so and you'll see there's a lot of speculation there so another 'summary' probably wouldn't help. Hopefully the meeting will clarify things a bit.

Unfortunately I'm going to be up in Scotland on the day or I definitely would - but will hopefully be able to read a summary of what gets said at the meeting somewhere?

Unfortunately I'm going to be up in Scotland on the day or I definitely would - but will hopefully be able to read a summary of what gets said at the meeting somewhere?

there will definitely be discussions on here afterwards so you should be able to pick the gist of it up here but hopefully something official will be produced...well id hope! :)

When you say 'saw a Hamlet scarf'..was it just someone wearing one, or part of it?
I'veknown about this exhibition ofr quite a while, and haven't got round to seeing it yet. It finishes on the 23rd February , thanks for the 'heads up'.

http://www.jewishmuseum.org.uk/Football

it was part of a display of scarves of various teams which i guess people contributed towards the exhibition. no partick thistle ones sadly :( it is a good exhibition but sadly i didnt get to stay as long as i wanted to as my daughter was getting bored and moany. Im doing my dissertation on jews and football so i thought it was a good start to get some info, and it was helpful - quite a lot of stuff on wingate fc as far as non league is concerned

Update: GIFs still cool. Here's one of the most agonising moments of my life:

4SdupY.gif

I will bring my dictaphone to the meeting next week.

assuming its on what time train are people looking to get.....I was thinking the 1pm from Fenchurch st.... if anyone wants to join...hopefully no signal failures or swans this time....
I'm up for this. Will be bringing the codpiece-mounted anti-swan lasercannon just in case. What time meet up?

Quality tweeting by the @DulwichHamletFC account:

Last edited:
The Cheshire Cheese, just round the corner from the side entrance to Fenchurch St, is quite good. Or was in 2006 when I used to go in there.

Saying that, I remember some deplorable city boy behaviour in there (drunken darts whilst lying on the floor, throwing money on wet beer covered bars betting on who'd get the next corner and the gobbiest female gooner since I don't know when).

I'm sure we can summon up some deplorable inner-city boy behaviour. Though as it's a Saturday they'll all be in second-homes surely?

Back
Top Bottom