Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Want to totally echo what 12th man has put above. Great post. It's a club worth fighting for, not just because we've got an attendance boom and we're playing sexy football, but because we've got a proper history and identity: we've beaten Ajax, had a player die playing for us and had two England internationals. I'm sure there are some Premiership clubs who can't say the same. As 12th Man said, emotions are gonna run pretty high at some points without a doubt, but the best chance we have of getting through this is by sticking together. I hope that's something we can all remember if it all gets a bit frustrated and dark in the future. For the meantime though, we just have to be patient; I'd imagine the landscape will look a lot different, if not clearer, in a a months time and then we'll have a better idea of what's got to be done. Besides Gav and his band of merry, total footballing men need us too. We have everything to play for this season and let's hope it turns into a memorable one for all the right reasons.

Edgar Kail in my heart...

Wonderfully said, both.

Praying the rain holds off for the next couple of days and we get to put all this to one side for 90 minutes to roar on the team in unity from the terraces.

The inevitable gif..

yAfVDU.gif

Late shout out for 'Again & Again' by Roots Manuva.
Great work - I need to learn how to do that. :)

Yep. She ain't on twitter. I'll email her. We should perhaps each email her: veronica.ward@southwark.gov.uk

I finally got a response from Veronica Ward this morning which was quite interesting:

"Thank you very much indeed. As I understand it a new Development Company has now bought this land. As a Council we are committed to ensuring that Dulwich Hamlet continues to have the use of its ground. Greendale is Metropolitan Open Land - the highest category of preserved open land and no building is allowed on land in this category. However we have not seen any planning application for a new project for the pitch. It is difficult to comment without any proposal coming through so far.
Councillor Veronica Ward
Labour Member South Camberwell
Cabinet Member for Culture, Leisure, Sport,Olympic Legacy and Volunteering"

Now, with the meeting going ahead on the 22nd, I don't really think it's right to carry on speculating until we hear the club's side of the story. Although, I think it is fascinating that the council are suggesting that they have not been contacted by the developers.

Last edited:
Jumping ahead a bit here....

On Saturday 1st March we are away to Lewes in an Isthmian Premier Division fixture and will be looking to run a supporters coach.
The cost for this trip will be £13 for adults and £8 for concessions. Seats can be booked on matchday at the 12th man stand or you can contact me Shaun direct on 0793 127 6118.
Once all details are confirmed I will put them up on here!

Shaun posted this on other Forum....

Nice work^. Shame you have to keep showing that second one though!

Good luck tonight. Thamesmead are much improved. Enfield host Bury - lord knows what'll happen...

I arrogantly made other plans tonight, presuming the game would be called off.

They sent me a text to cancel ten minutes before the pitch inspection. Friends, I think the gods are looking kindly upon us today.

Back
Top Bottom