Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Bastard fucking weather. Been planning this for about a month. Is it definitely off? No more inspections?

When's the next one?

Arses :(

Oh well, better go and take up my season ticket at Luton then!

You could all come to that instead (v Tamworth, home)

Pitch inspection at 10am though. It's gonna piss with rain all night there too :(

A Saturday with no football. Bleak.

Was cleaning a load of old shit off the memory card on my phone and found various unpublished Hamlet clips from the past year. (Apologies for the poor quality - I think was most probably drunk during the filming, production and editing of all the following… :oops: :D )

Featuring a few Erhun pens, Danny Carr's pen miss against Maidstone last year, and an outrageous nutmeg/chip from Erhun from last season :)

I think in the present climate emotions will be running high and sometimes messages/feelings may not come across in the way they are intended. We as supporters need to stay firm and together to overcome what is tarnishing our great clubs name. In over 30 years of following The Hamlet this is the most vibrant I have seen the terraces, it is a pleasure to be part of be it new or old supporters. There are plenty of people working hard for the love of the club for no renumeration to protect what Pa Wilson started back in 1893. All of you out there spreading the good word be it in person, by forum, by blogging or by social networking keep it up as this is why our club is where it Is and is the envy of many a club. Anyway that is me done as i brought a tear to my own eye writing this.

Last edited:
Dulwich Hamlet "Dealing with Loss" Support Group in the Fox on the Hill?!

From where I'm sitting, or that should be standing & jumping about behind the goal, I'm at a loss to see how we're "Dealing with Loss"...

As I see it the Club had been declared clinically dead, with the gas & electric situation, without either there would be no football, the Club would be suspended from playing, no money to groundshare...the end of the Club!

Now we are stabilising in intensive care, and there will be a long, slow road to recovery...but there is hope....with the dream of a comfortable modern, downsized bungalow next door to enjoy the rest of our lives in...

Vornstyle has inspired me.
What finer words are there in the world?

That is amazing!!! I was too far behind the goal to truly appreciate the delicacy of that. Fuck me. Today I will have access to streams of hundreds, if not thousands, of matches from leagues around the world, but instead I'll be watching this glorious sexy beast on repeat.

The inevitable gif..

yAfVDU.gif

Just need some suitable music now…preferably something with a chorus of "over and over and over and over and over….." :D
Late shout out for 'Again & Again' by Roots Manuva.

Last edited:
I was in Greendale earlier taking a look.

The area is a wasteland. Just overgrown tennis courts and scrub with a ropey all weather pitch. Empty too, save me and the hound.

I reckon there are a number of potential solutions here.

In terms of the area as an open green space, I think any development which involved Dulwich Hamlet encroaching on Greendale needs to include a plan for the enhancement of the remaining area. The area has potential as an open space, with managed biodiversity (see the area that abuts it to the north west of Sainsbury's). But any celebration of it as it stands (per the Tumblr site someone linked to earlier) is spurious and a cover for nimbyism. Save dog walking ( and my dog loves it) there is very limited utility as it stands.

One option I suppose is to shift the pitch and a new stadium onto the old weather pitch either in total in part. So that way say half of the current pitch plus the car park would be up for development and only part of Greendale (the unloved rather grotty all weather pitch) would be needed for development.

There's a lot for negotiation here. And it would take a lot of goodwill and commitment for a mutually beneficial solution to be found (including for locals who like the open space and don't understandably want the area over developing). But there is hope.

oh a selfish level i'm glad there was no game today as i was way too hungover to go anywhere. not so good for the hamlet though, as the game backlog continues. will have to get my next fix on tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom