Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I have these nightmare made-up visions of Gavin leaving, and the Club droping down into obscurity again. By obscurity I mean not gonig a division down, but playing bland football that doesn't excite.
I'd like to think that with the unique nature of the crowd - and they way they carry on singing even after defeat (see: Kingstonian away) - they wouldn't let the players get away with bland football.

All that singing and voodoo-stickery must have a tremendously positive effect on them, I reckon :)

A few more photos have been added to the report from Tuesday's heroics. :)

dulwich-hamlet-east-thurrock-4.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-east-thurrock-6.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/02/...-victory-over-east-thurrock-in-deepest-essex/

Marvellous. Good post Mish. I'll join in asking with Scutta: can you tell us what the calls were about?

It's fair to say he wasn't the happiest, having read the forums himself. Called me several things, made a few comments, and was extremely unhappy that I was seemingly stirring things up on messageboards, while not saying anything to his face.

It was a brief conversation, he was quite angry & I didn't want to prolong it, especially as I was also at work. Also, it was a phone call, so I have no actual proof of what he said. Though I did report it in a letter to the Football Club committee tonight, so there is my record of the calls taking place.

Just under an hour later I received a text message from him, as he said to me that he doesn't have to explain himself on messageboards it's not for me to defend his record on here....what I can do is repeat some of his text message...which I have shown to other people, so it has been witnessed:

"You don't know what I have done for the club and how much I love it. I have put vast amounts of my own personal savings into the club but why the fuck should I have to go onto message boards to justify myself".....and......there was more.....among other stuff in similar vein: "Now I'm painted as the villian and all of these brave people including yourself are slagging me off behind the keyboards. Most of these cunts have been around 5 minutes and are clueless about the club. But you should know better and to actively encourage people to vent their anger towards me is unacceptable. I will see you on tuesday night!"

I won't comment further on what he's said here....I think HE has said it all.

If what McCormack is saying above is true - and in absolute fairness I know some of it is - then we need a meeting/forum more than ever. Clearly NM feels he has his side to the story and so I think now is a good time to tell it. He hasn't helped himself at times with the ongoing lack of statements or communication with supporters, but nonetheless he's entitled to have his say and call it how he sees it.

It really is time for transparency now.

Most of these cunts have been around 5 minutes and are clueless about the club. But you should know better and to actively encourage people to vent their anger towards me is unacceptable. I will see you on tuesday night!"

I won't comment further on what he's said here....I think HE has said it all.

What a lovely way to encourage new support Mr Owner.

Love,

A clueless cunt who has been around 5 minutes.

Unfair to blame Mishi for 'encouraging people to vent their anger' - he didn't.

And besides, people do that anyway on here!

Last edited:
So, got completely stoned yesterday afternoon and have only just recovered. Blimey. Did I miss anything? McCormack is a fucker isn't he.

Regarding the forums, the reason I started using this one is because for months, no matter what email addresses or browsers or computers I used, I just couldn't register on the proper one. I don't think anyone else has had that problem. Recently finally got onto it, so will use both now, though I do find this much easier to use, especially on a phone (absolutely NO criticism of Jamie's efforts in running the forum, it's 100% better than what I could do!)

Anyway, isn't having more than one forum (or rather one forum plus a sub-forum on a local website) just a sign of a healthily numerous fan base?

I think editor is right, a DHFC sub-forum would act as a permanent digital advert for the club to the thousands of people who use Urban75.

Last edited:
If what McCormack is saying above is true - and in absolute fairness I know some of it is - then we need a meeting/forum more than ever. Clearly NM feels he has his side to the story and so I think now is a good time to tell it. He hasn't helped himself at times with the ongoing lack of statements or communication with supporters, but nonetheless he's entitled to have his say and call it how he sees it.

It really is time for transparency now.
I've known Nick McCormack for a few years to chat to - he knows my name, always says hello, and has always seemed friendly enough and a "decent enough bloke". I've heard anecdotal evidence that he has dipped into his own pocket at times to bail out the club, and I believe he paid for free supporters coaches to one or two big away games in recent years including Bideford. But everything appears to have gone pear shaped on his watch, so the buck stops with him. I'm only going on what 've read or been told by people I regard as reliables sources, but it sounds like Hamlets Health Club is struggling to break even and was on the brink of dragging DHFC down with it. NMcC's majority shareholding must be worth very little right now and if he can't turn things around and really does care about the club he needs to walk away ASAP and let someone else try to salvage the situation.

I'm wary of Hadley's intentions, but surely if all they care about is building on the current ground with the minimum of fuss all they need to do is sit back and let Hamlet's Health Cub continue machine-gunning itself in the foot until it goes bust, bringing down DHFC with it, then they have possession of a vacant ground?

The cynics amongst us would say that he was only there in name only and that the Muduroglu's were pulling the string's anyway, they all live in the same fucking millionaires row in Beckenham anyway. All I can see is a mirror of what happened to Fisher when they first came down here play good football, get promotion and then realise that owning a football club isn't a fucking easy as they thought when there's only a few hundred coming through the gate, or even less in Fisher's case. There's no excuse for this, increased crowds over the last couple of years, the income from the plastic pitches, the Health Club, The Bar on matchdays and other nights, the School Holiday kids clubs, where's it all gone.

Just learned that The Goat Looks On by the High Llamas is about the knocking down of the old Champion Hill...

Reading the lyrics, it sounds like they had incorrectly assumed the club was closing down.
Great piece. Reproduced here - with kind permission - in the hope that more people will get to read about the situation.
This 200% piece on the winding up of Fisher Athletic is essentially a prequel given the people involved: http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=1368

We're getting a bit of sympathy from the Maidstone forum at the moment. Very nice words written about us and suggestion of some sort of solidarity action.
I'm growing to really like the Maidstone lot. Their fans do them credit.
You have to give them credit for having built a decent crowd (solidly in second place in the attendance tables) and an atmosphere that is better than any other I've witnessed at our level - including (being brutally honest) our own. Particularly given much more competition for local support with the likes of Crystal Palace, Millwall, Charlton.. even Bromley, AFC Wimbledon not being more than a half-hour away.
It's sad to see any football club in trouble (except, of course, Dartford, Gillingham, Chelski, Millwall...) but even more so when it's 'one of our own'. I've got a lot of respect for Dulwich, they gave us a fantastic run for our money last season, and did really well considering their meagre resources. And now, here we are again, battling it out between us (would we be up for the fight if we had their problems?).

I would hate to see Dulwich go - I'd even go so far as suggesting that we could do something to help them keep going (testimonial match at the GS, with guest players?). We need clubs and supporters like Dulwich - and I very much hope to see them still battling us in the CS, and even one day in the CP.
If there was ever a club who I would have wanted to pip us to the title last season it would be the club from Champion Hill.

Play football the way it should be played, they just get on and play the game, no falling over at the slightest touch, not constantly in the refs ear, fans are always friendly and welcoming....and we've had some pretty good games against them.

Back
Top Bottom