Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I'll be there. Bringing along a Blackburn-supporting friend for his first taste of Champion Hill.

As a recent Rovers/Hamlet convert myself, I can confirm the quality of football at Champion Hill is better than he'll see at any Blackburn away games in London.

My Dad said he might come as well, for his second Dulwich game, so we could have the start of our very own East Lancs Rabble firm.

Make sure these "friends" and "family" are all human...

tumblr_mzwx25F4TY1sn4d9xo1_500.png

As a recent Rovers/Hamlet convert myself, I can confirm the quality of football at Champion Hill is better than he'll see at any Blackburn away games in London.

My Dad said he might come as well, for his second Dulwich game, so we could have the start of our very own East Lancs Rabble firm.

Excellent! Well listen out for a familiar accent and look for two blonde blokes in their 20s. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Excellent! Well listen out for a familiar accent and look for two blonde blokes in their 20s. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Grand, we'll be the ones chanting "You dirty northern bastards" in the flattest vowels we can muster, and shouting catchphrases from Bullseye in honour of Blackburn cultural icon and racist, Jim Bowen.

[quote="Brixton Hatter, post: 12877408, member: 9 some of you might remember I stole my landlord's curtains to make a flag for flag day last season. Tonight I finally got round to updating it (barring the odd drink-fuelled mistake, hastily covered up with some white paint) with the fact that WE ARE CHAMPIONS.

It was a bit embarrassing to have the Senior Cup on there and not the league title :D

The flag will make its return to Champion Hill asap:

x9I74Ec.jpg
[/quote]
In the early nineties me & my mate accidentally painted-

Hello, Vern?

on his driveway when we were making a flag for a televived game.

Quite big letters. His parents weren't too impressed.

In the early nineties me & my mate accidentally painted-

Hello, Vern?

on his driveway when we were making a flag for a televived game.

Quite big letters. His parents weren't too impressed.

Did the same thing but only on my parents carpet - spay painted Unity is strength onto a sheet for a banner for The Peoples March for jobs

no it didn't come out - and had to be replaced but only after a few months

Last edited by a moderator:
Its interesting obviously lots of supporters (or ex supporters of London teams but at least x10 Man city fans (Lancashire) and these Blackburn folk (Lacashire) and obviously a few Welsh, Irish and Scots - but very few Yorkshire men (women) that said one Frickley (colliery) Athletic fan attends I believe

would be interesting to do a map pin pointing home town of fans (and even present or ex corporate team)

Have to say the joy at Dulwich has been great all season - even when we lose we seem to bounce right back and fans seem to take something away from even the most disappointing away days

That reminds me of Harrow, terrible game all round at Harrow

Lets hope we haven't used up all the "mojo"

Ps Rob how about some banners / posters with a bit of Esperanto

Last edited:
Its interesting obviously lots of supporters (or ex supporters of London teams but at least x10 Man city fans (Lancashire) and these Blackburn folk (Lacashire) and obviously a few Welsh, Irish and Scots - but very few Yorkshire men (women) that said one Frickley (colliery) Athletic fan attends I believe

would be interesting to do a map pin pointing home town of fans (and even present or ex corporate team)

Have to say the joy at Dulwich has been great all season - even when we lose we seem to bounce right back and fans seem to take something away from even the most disappointing away days

That reminds me of Harrow, terrible game all round at Harrow

Lets hope we haven't used up all the "mojo"

Ps Rob how about some banners / posters with a bit of Esperanto

Yeah, I'd think most people would have other teams.

I'm from Lincoln and support Lincoln City. If I'm honest though I've never enjoyed Lincoln games as much as I do the Hamlet matches at the moment.

Just got back, what a weird day out. Great support as usual but why did everybody head for the bar the minute it started spitting, I realise that footballers are not made of sterner and that rain can really,really hurt on bare skin, but the supporters, why? I wouldn't have been suprised if the ref had abandoned it as the pitch was cloggy afterwards but if the fans stay out it puts him under pressure to stay on. I'm gald I and one other did.

Just got back, what a weird day out. Great support as usual but why did everybody head for the bar the minute it started spitting, I realise that footballers are not made of sterner and that rain can really,really hurt on bare skin, but the supporters, why? I wouldn't have been suprised if the ref had abandoned it as the pitch was cloggy afterwards but if the fans stay out it puts him under pressure to stay on. I'm gald I and one other did.
I stayed out and headed into the stand opposite to join in with the chants of, On! On! On!".

It made no difference anyway as the rain was coming in horizontally! :)

That was great craic, really impressed with the crowd...despite goin on me tod bumped into a few feens I knew. But I'm fucked if I'm gettin drownded for a team I've seen for the first time, so had the last 15 in the boozer

How can people in their 20s and 30s who have either just started going or been going a handful of seasons not at least have an ex-team?

In my experience football isn't something you just decide to get in to one day, after years of not being interested.

TBF Dulwich have always had a core support - some of them have been going for years. But I definitely think that applies to most of us who've been part of the recent increase in crowds.

TBF Dulwich have always had a core support - some of them have been going for years. But I definitely think that applies to most of us who've been part of the recent increase in crowds.

Agreed. I have noting but admiration for Hamlet fans who have supported the club and none other. Most 40-50yr olds like myself are probably disillusioned supporters of other clubs who have been priced out or want to watch and enjoy being in a football crowd the way it used to be. I haven't looked forward to going to match like I do these days since I was in my early 20's.

I too ran for the far side shelter, which as the picture shows, was a mistake. But on the plus side, I did see a lad in a Rovers top down there, so this furtive East Lancs Dultras division might be even bigger than we realised. (On a related note, I'm sure some of you here will appreciate this creative direct action of some brewery workers faced with redundancy in my home town)

But the weather just added a further sense of lurid melodrama to what was a fantastic game. A Transpontine classic. Three lovely goals and a keeper who inspires nothing but doubt, can we ask for anything more?

Back
Top Bottom