Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Dulwich Hamlet team arrived late at Margate
and won late #Tuscany time

we are joint top of the league (with Kingstonians)

also second highest average attendance at 643

"We sing in the dark - we sing in the dark - were Dulwich Hamlet we sing in the dark"

Last edited:
What a privilege to have been there tonight. Great fight from the team in the second half. The celebration by the players for the third goal was melon farming awesome! Coming right up to the fans behind the goal, reminiscent of Erhun's third vs Enfield away. It was also great to see people pulling together to make sure that everybody got home due to the late kick off/train conundrum. Great fans the rabble.

Big up rabble man, big up rabble for the Dulwich, the Dulwich, the Dulwich....

It would be almost churlish of me to say how great last night was, but it was great. Half-time was the miserable, but we came on strong in the second-half (I think we were literally just warming up after the team's late arrival, team talk out on the pitch etc.). What looked like a confused strikerless absence of focal point in the first half became a shapeshifting liquid abstract wetdream of pink & blue (yellow & green) fluidity in the second, especially when Ian Daly came on to exploit their red card. I came close to vomiting with excitement after the 3rd and 4th goals. Some notes:
  • Margate have some lovely fans, a few of whom shook my hand before the game to congratulate me on my antics at Kingstonian.
  • Billy Crook is also lovely, and not just because he too congratulated me for my antics at Kingstonian. He took real pride in the fact the team had made our trip worthwhile.
  • Went to the Lifeboat Inn as well, which is lovely, feels like a tavern in a Dungeons & Dragons adventure (albeit with bar staff who look like they're in a 1980 New York art-punk band), and cheap too.
  • Had some wicked white bait, chips and mushy peas on the seafront.
  • The Turner Contemporary's gallery spaces were closed, but by the end of the night I didn't really feel I'd missed out on the heights of culture.

What a stonking result, great stuff - championships are built on games like these :)

Massive respect to those who braved the cold to go and support the lads - I'm well jel ;)

I know a few of the Carshalton 6 via twitter. Was making a very hasty 'FREE THE CARSHALTON 6' banner out of leftover wrapping paper before the game was called off a few weeks ago. Also, I'm glad to hear Kingstonian are accommodating towards unjustly banned fans.

I know a few of the Carshalton 6 via twitter. Was making a very hasty 'FREE THE CARSHALTON 6' banner out of leftover wrapping paper before the game was called off a few weeks ago. Also, I'm glad to hear Kingstonian are accommodating towards unjustly banned fans.
Carshalton thread here: http://www.urban75.net/forums/threa...threatened-and-banned-from-own-ground.319749/

Please note that I've also added a redirecting thread in the football forum to this thread.

Yeah the first thing my mate said when I told him I followed Dulwich was about you on twitter so I think you probably have chatted! He's invited us all for a pre-match drink before the game as well.... I will let you know which pub when I have the details.....

Also I will make sure how many fans are banned before you make that banner there's another month to go looking at his record the number might go up!

Kingstonian fans probably just have the guilts about the stewards banning you and trying (unsuccessfully) to curb the enthusiasm of the "best fans in the league" ......making up for it now with just anyone......tarts :p

Last edited:
It's just occured to me that outside of the five top national divisions we've got Greater London's highest average attendance this season, including Bromley and Sutton who are challenging in the division above us. Hamlet pow pow pow.
I think maybe I should spin this off to a separate forum for maximum publicity, yes?

*Edit: done - it's now in the football forum.
Maybe accompany it with a couple of small photos so people see it's not just the proverbial two men and a dog, and actually probably more fun than whatever they're doing for their football fix.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear some Margate fans booed their team at the final whistle (some Maidstone fans did the same at Dulwich after losing)

This is non-league football, played by amateur plays who often give up paid jobs or potential jobs just to play the game on a wet Tuesday night on the Kent coast etc

I have never heard our fans boo the team or individual player (I hope we never will)

If you pay mega bucks for corporate football (maybe) you can

If we play badly its because we've lost our mojo or embraced our inner Nunhead FC

Our job is to applaud and encourage sexy football (Thanks Gav), be as sporting as possible,and to enjoy and contribute to the spectacle of the game off and on the pitch through art, songs, social media, beer and yes ethical politics (like anti racism/anti fascism and yes issues like a living wage and affordable housing that affect our fans

Hate to kill the romance, but they ain't amateur players. They're semi pro. And some of them (I mean in Ryman football generally, not dhfc) are paid serious amounts of money.

I've heard of players at other clubs getting a grand a week. They're outliers, obviously. Whitehawk (now in the Conf South after consecutive promotions) we're meant to be particularly OTT.

Photos from Tuesday's awesome victory.

margate-dulwich-hamlet-31.jpg

margate-dulwich-hamlet-42.jpg

margate-dulwich-hamlet-38.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/01/...-as-dulwich-hamlet-launch-a-famous-fightback/

Back
Top Bottom