Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

We have a new defender. And he's, err, an international player.
We are pleased to welcome Michael Weir, a defender, who has been signed from Bognor Regis Town

Michael Weir was born in Jersey, and has represented his island once in an international match. He began his career at Southampton and after being released he joined Portuguese top-flight side Nacional in Madeira.

He was invited to join their youth set-up before being given a two year contract. He did not make a first team appearance and was loaned to second division neighbors Camacho, where he played twelve first team matches in season 2011-12.

He then moved to Cyprus for the 2012-13 season to join Doxa Katopias who had just gained promotion to the senior division. Michael enjoyed a successful season with Doxa, before deciding to return to try his luck again this season in England and he joined Bognor in early October 2013.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/new-signing-1138277.html

R&H were the scrappiest and dirtiest side I've seen for a while. The referee made systematically atrocious decisions throughout. The visitors were lucky to get away with their literally last minute equaliser.
But a good match, nonetheless. 756 attendees and the Rabble in good voice - "Yannick on the streets of Dulwich" notwithstanding...
In other news, anyone else sign up to the supporters' trust? From the ominous mutterings and sharp intakes of breath I heard whenever club finances are mentioned, it's looking like something every regular punter should sign up to.

They were a good side, on a good run. Fair result. Just so gutting to concede so late on. Again. That's 3 games without a win but we're playing ok and everyone at the top looks like they can drop points at the moment. We'll be up there in April, I'm sure.

"Yannick on the streets of Dulwich" and meeting Ian Daly's brother/friends were the highlights of a frustrating second half.

The keeper looks very shaky but hopefully he'll improve. He's cost us 5 points in the last 2 games but until Phil is back we have to stick with him. Our other keeper this season was Idem away to Harrow and he was very tentative that day. Maybe we signed a new centre back so that we can play Gonsalves in goal? (cheers Mickey!)

OK so some of the rumours re finances of club are a little scary
But we cannot do much about that (presently) bar joining the Supporters Trust (credit to them)

We played well and should have scored at least another two if not three goals - H&R deserve some credit for turning out fans - not many but at 20-30 more than most we get (but probably third highest away following at Champion Hill this season)

No, I don't blame the goalie, its never one individual (at this level at least) we were so busy trying to get a third goal, we simply stop defending , same at Kingstonians Sunday - But I am no good at the football analysis

What is encouraging is the gate
At 756 that was bloody brilliant (second highest in Ryman after Maidstone 2,000) also higher than all but two Skrill North & South games (Leagues above us) - Thats down to the hard work of many - we should all be very pleased

The fact that many of the new arrivals stand with "The Rabble" is a vindication of the art/politics and song writing ability of many individuals. (but no doubt in my mind many attracted by a) a good time b) feel its "safe" because were "progressive" - anti fascists

good to see that when the sexist "South London" sung was struck up - it was stopped after a few lines of bear baiting (really good stuff )

Also seemed to be a lot more networking going on - we even got visitors from Ireland keen to meet the producer of Ian Daly video

Maybe ?? we should a social media networking evening prior or after a game (nothing heavy)- Mike at (excellent) Brixton Buzz seems ideal starting point (how about 2pm on a home game in the bar ?)

Also interesting that the Rabble is getting so large - other sections are staring to strike up their own songs - causing a little confusion initially - but should be warmly welcomed

Stewards (see pic of man down) - notice the florescent jacket of a DHFC steward - notionally asking how he is, and continuing his rounds, this and last Sunday Kingstonians over stewarding reminded me just how good our DHFC stewards are, in not being in peoples faces

I do hope the newcomers are having a good time

The result 2-2 was slightly disappointing, but we played good football and the enjoyment was still strong on the Curva del Transpontine

We drew today and we will again !

Last edited:
Totally agree with Partisan: the South London/'bear baiting' modification is brilliant. Believe Vornstyle came up (I think?) with that so credit to him.

non league paper disappointing report on the game - wasn't at the same game as me

photos show the rabble and part of the Robs quick Anti fascist banner
which because picture is cropped looks like Anti-FA

on second look it does say Anti FA

That works for me

Last edited:
Photos:

dulwich-hamlet-hampton-20.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-hampton-11.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-hampton-18.jpg

More here: http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/01/...w-2-2-draw-with-hampton-and-richmond-borough/

Stewards (see pic of man down) - notice the florescent jacket of a DHFC steward - notionally asking how he is, and continuing his rounds, this and last Sunday Kingstonians over stewarding reminded me just how good our DHFC stewards are, in not being in peoples faces

That steward is Man City Tony and he is not too bothered about people falling over as long as they have not injured themselves :cool:

Back
Top Bottom