Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Hey you lot - my friends at Mangotsfield United have been banned by the FA from displaying political banners at matches. They've had an antifa banner on display for the last wee while and it appears to have upset some people.

1) Watch out for this sort of thing
2) If you can show them some love and some solidarity then that'd be lovely - search for the Mangotsfield Inter Village Firm if you want to know more or get in touch

Ta
:)

Been in touch via the twitter. Frankly amazed at it all, that it would be deemed "offensive" or whatever. Have been meaning to do a SLAF banner for a while, and now the muppet FA have inspired me to pull my finger out.

Been in touch via the twitter. Frankly amazed at it all, that it would be deemed "offensive" or whatever. Have been meaning to do a SLAF banner for a while, and now the muppet FA have inspired me to pull my finger out.
Great stuff - I'm not involved myself but can vouch for the sincerity of the MUFC lads. Sure they'd be up for any collaboration if bright ideas are forthcoming :cool:

As I rubbed my nipple at a bunch of decidedly blokeish Ks fans and demanded they, "GIVE IT A LICK!!" and saw the resulting confusion I was indeed thinking, "It's time to taste what you most fear..."

Reactions: EDC
The Mangotsfield antifascist banners ruling is bizarre, obviously for loads of reasons, but especially when you consider that Dulwich have Unison Save Our NHS advertising hoardings and Save Our Royal Mail, Say No to Privatisation sponsored the match ball the other week.

Not to mention their reluctance to do anything about Nicolas Anelka.

The Mangotsfield antifascist banners ruling is bizarre, obviously for loads of reasons, but especially when you consider that Dulwich have Unison Save Our NHS advertising hoardings and Save Our Royal Mail, Say No to Privatisation sponsored the match ball the other week.

Not to mention their reluctance to do anything about Nicolas Anelka.
Years ago I remember seeing Plaid Cymru advertising hordings at The Vetch

kingstonian-dulwich-hamlet-09.jpg

kingstonian-dulwich-hamlet-16.jpg

My favourite moment: The ever vigilant stewards insisted that it was not permissible to stand on the step, so a human step was quickly put in place instead. Priceless!

kingstonian-dulwich-hamlet-21.jpg

Kingstonian fans try to get past the rabble.

More: http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/01/...ded-post-match-celebrations-after-2-1-defeat/

In the midst of all the fun I'd forgotten about G-Man forming The Human Step. Hilarious.

The two stewards most involved with my banning had the cheek to contact me on twitter to carry things on! I blocked them both, as (a) one's a cop so automatically I'm not going to trust them, and (b) I was absolutely disgusted they thought it acceptable to carry on stewarding ON-FUCKING-LINE.

Compare & contrast with Champion Hill where there's very little and very relaxed stewarding. What aggro happens at our games? I think much like police at many protests, it is the 'control' which sparks disturbance.

In the midst of all the fun I'd forgotten about G-Man forming The Human Step. Hilarious.

The two stewards most involved with my banning had the cheek to contact me on twitter to carry things on! I blocked them both, as (a) one's a cop so automatically I'm not going to trust them, and (b) I was absolutely disgusted they thought it acceptable to carry on stewarding ON-FUCKING-LINE.
Arseholes, I would of thought there 'jurisdiction' remains firmly within the club grounds, and any further action could / should be seen as inflammatory on their part. Report the bastards to the club!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only do I have Vornstyles boot marks on my jacket, I have pink fairy dust which rained down on me as the ball from the pitch fell at my feet. I was in such a daze from the Hamlet rain that I must have held the game up a good few seconds before the ball was eventually thrown back (by someone else). I'm not sure if the noise from the cow bell or the vast quantity of rum I confused on the way to the ground caused my thumping headache.

nothing too major...i was sat in the stand...big bloke came up to me and said "are you a chairman?" - No - "then move, these seats are board only"...all done with a look and tone of voice of loathing and aggression i know too well to mistake. There was no sign saying reserved seating, and the stand was next to empty - all the execs were in the bar. I moved 3 fucking seats along for no good reason, stared down all the way, but then have stayed clear of the stands ever since. This was a few years back mind.
Similar thing happened to me about two or three seasons ago. I had wandered out of the bar at half time and decided to sit down in those seats to make a roll-up. I was a bit pissed and as I looked up back towards the bar I could see some mates inside so I gave them the 'wanker' sign. Then I realised that Jack Payne and all the DHFC officials were sitting in my line of sight and it must have looked like I was doing the wanker sign to them! :oops: Jack came over and politely removed me, explaining that this was the "directors' box". Ahem. :oops:

Anyway, I'm glad the Directors haven't spent any of our apparently sparse cash on a new chain and a 'directors only' sign to differentiate their plastic chairs from everyone else's. Clearly the Board is moving towards full communism by sharing the same basic facilities as the vast mass of the seated Hamlet proletariat.

Feeling really positive after reading Gavin Rose's comments post-Kingstonian. Sort out our occasionally poor away form and we can win this league (though that could bring more financial headaches……)

Welcome to the thread and to Urban75 to new members sdc EDC Moroccan Sunset and G Man :)

Anyone know when Harry Ottaway is back? He was out on the pitch running about before the game on Boxing Day. Must be nearly fit perhaps?

Not only do I have Vornstyles boot marks on my jacket, I have pink fairy dust which rained down on me as the ball from the pitch fell at my feet. I was in such a daze from the Hamlet rain that I must have held the game up a good few seconds before the ball was eventually thrown back (by someone else). I'm not sure if the noise from the cow bell or the vast quantity of rum I confused on the way to the ground caused my thumping headache.

There's apparently a 'special' (emergency?) meeting of the club committee this evening. Gulp. Always look on the bright side, at least if we reformed and played in some Surrey league we'd (a) be rid of our at-best inefficient owners, and (b) play a season or two in an UNSTEWARDED wonderland of bringing your own booze and smoke bombs.

Anyone know how bad our financial situation is?

Crowds are up (nearly double over the past three years), and the bar and shop appear to be making decent amounts of money. Presumably much of that is going on wages though. And I guess the Danny Carr cash went on that 20 grand leccy bill (how does anyone let it get that bad?)

Fan ownership NOW!

Anyone know how bad our financial situation is?

Crowds are up (nearly double over the past three years), and the bar and shop appear to be making decent amounts of money. Presumably much of that is going on wages though. And I guess the Danny Carr cash went on that 20 grand leccy bill (how does anyone let it get that bad?)

Fan ownership NOW!

As far as I can tell virtually every club from about mid-Premiership down is persistently fucked, financially speaking. They mostly seem to muddle through somehow though.

TBH of all the things that fan ownership has going for it I'm not sure sudden solvency and financial competence is high on the list.

As far as I can tell virtually every club from about mid-Premiership down is persistently fucked, financially speaking. They mostly seem to muddle through somehow though.

TBH of all the things that fan ownership has going for it I'm not sure sudden solvency and financial competence is high on the list.
Plenty don't muddle through though - look at how many teams have gone bust in recent years: Halifax, Chester, Rushden & Diamonds, Kettering etc, plus loads at our level (eg Enfield.) Which leaves players, staff and suppliers (many of whom are local/small businesses) out of pocket, not to mention fans bereft of a club, many of whom have put great efforts in to the club, almost always unpaid.

I'm not saying fan ownership/representation is a panacea, but it at least gives fans a say in the running of the club and - importantly - some transparency with regards to financial affairs. At Luton several years ago, we sold over £12m worth of players over barely two seasons, then went into admin with no money and loads of debt. Essentially the money was stolen by the former directors. If we're putting our hard-earned in through the turnstiles, bar etc, plus paying for players via the 12th man, we at least deserve a say in how the club is run and a look at the books imo.

Back
Top Bottom