Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Apparently we'd already hit the post before taking a 5th minute lead, and Kevin James had a stoppage time "equaliser" ruled out by a very late offside flag. The only person to post on Leiston's forum so far said the ref was terrible and accused us of trying to kick them off the pitch!

I wasn't there myself, but received a confusing sequence of text updates from Griff that read "1-0 up Clunis" followed by "1-1 Walker". An own goal?

Shame about the result last night, but can't be easy to travel out to the arse end of nowhere near to play on a boggy pitch in the freezing cold. Can't imagine attendance will have been through the roof either. Having said that, the Hamlet match report makes it sound like the greatest injustice to occur since Rosa Parks was told her bus's destination had changed and would be terminating early.

Good to see Gavin Rose is sticking with his attacking mentality though, as our new keeper was caught 30 yards off his line at one point. A brave move at any point, but on your debut? This senseless barbarous approach to goalkeeping must be applauded.

In fact, the most interesting thing about those old video highlights is the style of play. Can you imagine a Dulwich player hoofing it upfield from kick off now? Comandante Rose would have him shipped off to a Siberian gulag* in no time.

Anyway, bring on Kingstonian, and let's raise unrealistic expectations in ourselves for a Canvey (not a real) Island victory this Saturday.

*subs' bench

Whilst it was Lewes posters that inspired me, I've actually got a message from a Lewes fan saying how much he prefered my "obviously love the club" efforts to the "middle class professional graphic design wank" at his own club.

They remind me of the old US hardcore punk flyers I used to collect, especially Black Flag who had some which are regarded as works of art these days. Also the old Crass record sleeves.

Rescheduled Dates:
Boxing Day match at Carshalton Athletic has been re-scheduled for Tuesday 25h February.
Whilst our home game, postponed on Saturday, against Metropolitan Police, will now take place on Tuesday 4th March.
We, of course, also host the works side from Imber Court in the quarter final of the London Senior Cup on Tuesday 18th Febraury.
All of these matches kick off at 7.45pm.

See you all on Sunday! :)

is there a bar at kingstonian's ground?

Yes, under the main stand. I've been there for a Wimbledon match before. Worth bearing in mind that the ground is used for League 2 matches as well so I'm pretty sure you can't take a beer into the stands like you can elsewhere at this level.

Kingstonian play at Kingsmeadow in Kingston Road, Kingston-upon-Thames. The closest station is Norbiton, which is the stop before Kingston itself. Trains on Sunday will run half-hourly leaving Waterloo at 18 & 48 mins pst the hour, 25 mins journey time, also calling at Vauxhall, Clapham Junction and Wimbledon. The ground is about a 12-15 minute walk from the station, map linked here with ground arrowed in the centre and Norbiton station at the top edge:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?...mes,+Surrey,+KT1&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Having visited plenty of times before I reckon going via Homersham Rd, Porchester Rd and Douglas Rd, which brings you out more or less directly opposite the ground entrace, is the quickest route even if it doesn't necessarily look it from the map.

STAKHANOVITE

URGENT REQUEST FROM DULWICH HAMLET (

Answer Mishi Request

Stakhanovite
Day at Champion Hill
Saturday at 10:00

Tidy up the ground before inspection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WE NEED YOU SATURDAY AT 10AM FOR AN HOUR

Although there is no First Team game, this coming Tuesday is a very big date for The Hamlet

It's our annual visit from the ground graders at the Football Association, and we NEED YOUR FELP!

The Club are looking for a volunteer working party to help tidy up the ground ahead of this, to ensure Champion Hill looks its best, and as spick and span for the inspection.

The Football Club Committee welcome anyone who can give a helping hand, by being at the ground for an hour or two, from 10.00am; with a number of small but very important jobs to be dealt with. Such as rubbish clearing, the ground toilets tidied, the seats swept, turnstiles smartened and assorted tasks.

Many thanks to anyone who can offer a helping hand, to ensure we make the grading we need.

The Football Club Committee welcome anyone who can give a helping hand, by being at the ground for an hour or two, from 10.00am; with a number of small but very important jobs to be dealt with. Such as rubbish clearing, the ground toilets tidied, the seats swept, turnstiles smartened and assorted tasks.
...removing pictures of Che Guevara and Situationist propaganda...

shit, if i'd see that on time i'd have come and lent a hand. and tried to ensure that the propoganda remains!

tidy 8 DSC02173 small.jpg tidy 1 DSC02164 small.jpg tidy 9 dirty SC02174 very small.jpg

Stakhanovite Patriotic Heroes at Champion Hill today

Ground looks spick & spam

well worth doing ahead of Tuesday's ground inspection

If were a community team - then the community needs to help out - not just at games but at benefit nights and yes cleaning up - We should have quarterly "pioneer" shock troops

And after today, having personally brushed the terraces, can I say chewing gum should be banned, take your used tea bags home and shoot all pigeons

Good to see everyone, especially Jack Payne (Chairman) and ex SOGAT print union member rolling up his sleeves (as usual)

PS
Rob - no Che or Situationalist materials were damaged in this exercise

Last edited:
See yis got a column in the International Brigades Memorial Trust magazine this month?
Did we?
Some of us are meeting at The Black Dog in Vauxhall at 1230 on Sunday before catching the train to Norbiton for the Kingstonian match. You're all welcome!
Just to let you know, we'll be aiming for the 13.48 train from Vauxhall to Norbiton (the Reggie Perrin Express as I shall tediously be calling it all of tomorrow).

Did we?

Just to let you know, we'll be aiming for the 13.48 train from Vauxhall to Norbiton (the Reggie Perrin Express as I shall tediously be calling it all of tomorrow).
aye,photo of the Cuba Che flag, Spanish Republic flag and about at 100 word write up

Back
Top Bottom